Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can Anyone Help!  (Read 1506 times)

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
Can Anyone Help!
« on: March 08, 2013, 10:19:07 AM »

Hi Guys,

Since fitting the Daymaker headlight on my 2012 Convertible and riding more at night, it has become very apparent how much the Headlight Vibrates!
Does anyone know of a fix to stop the vibration?

Thanks,
Charlie
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 Titanium/Black FLHRSE6
Re: Can Anyone Help!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 11:38:11 AM »

Harley's website says:

5-3/4" Lamp
Fits '06-'11 VRSCD, VRSCDX, '04-later XL, '09-later XR, '91-later Dyna® (except FLD and '05-earlier FXDWG), '84-'99 FXSTS, FLSTS, '00-later FXCW, FXCWC, FXS, FXSBSE, FXST, FXSTB, FXSTC, FXSTD, '08-later FLSTSB, '05-later FLSTSC and '10-later FLSTSE models.

"Some models require Vibration Damper P/N 67700059 or Housing Kit P/N 67700093"

Have you looked into this?

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 11:46:01 AM »

Hi Joevibe,

I haven't looked into it yet but will do now! thanks,

In the back of my mind i cant help but think! if it is needed, surely they would have fitted it on the CVO! thats Harley for you!

Thanks,
Charlie
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

millmutt

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
    • CVO2: 2007 FXDSE
    • CVO3: 2011 FLSTSE2
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 12:36:22 PM »

I have had  3 small headlamp Softails, 2 FXs and the Convertible and I don't know why they have those rubber isolaters in the headlamp bucket. The large
headlamp Softails and the Dynas are both rigid mounted. Anyway I have always been bothered with the vibration so I just remove the rubber isolaters and have
replaced them with a through bolt with a plastic spacer that I fab up. Works great. I have been doing it for years with no problem.

Ride safe,
Millmutt

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 12:45:46 PM »

I have had  3 small headlamp Softails, 2 FXs and the Convertible and I don't know why they have those rubber isolaters in the headlamp bucket. The large
headlamp Softails and the Dynas are both rigid mounted. Anyway I have always been bothered with the vibration so I just remove the rubber isolaters and have
replaced them with a through bolt with a plastic spacer that I fab up. Works great. I have been doing it for years with no problem.

Ride safe,
Millmutt
Thanks Millmutt,
Im on it tomorrow morning!
Cheers,
Charlie

slmetcalftx

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 01:17:17 PM »

Millmutt,

Can you provide photos? I'm having the same issue. It wasn't near as noticeable until I put the LED headlight in.

Thanks!
Sherry
"Tex"

millmutt

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
    • CVO2: 2007 FXDSE
    • CVO3: 2011 FLSTSE2
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 07:43:45 PM »

I don't have pictures, but basicly it looks the same as original. You simply remove the rubber isolaters which have threaded studs molded in either end and replace them with a bolt and
a spacer that replicates the isolater but is rigid.

Millmutt

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 08:03:42 PM »

I don't have pictures, but basicly it looks the same as original. You simply remove the rubber isolaters which have threaded studs molded in either end and replace them with a bolt and
a spacer that replicates the isolater but is rigid.

Millmutt
Thanks Millmut,

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 24 queries.