Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Swapping out D&D Fat Cat for Fullsac "C" x-pipe  (Read 3535 times)

wolverine

• Full CVO Member
  • Rock Hard, Ride Free

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red / Black Ember
Swapping out D&D Fat Cat for Fullsac "C" x-pipe
« on: March 09, 2013, 09:28:14 AM »

I'm swapping out D&D Fat Cat for Fullsac "C" x-pipe on my stock SERGU.
Will probably go with Steve's baffles in the CVO cans.
What do you all think will happen to the engine's performance?
I'm hoping I won't loose to much.
Anybody run the Fullsac setup without the TTS tuner? if so what are you using?
I'm running a PC-V now.
Will I have to change tuners to reap rewards over the stock setup?
I had thought about this for awhile, the FC is a nice pipe just has some things I'm not happy with. Thanks and Hope you're getting to ride i wish I was :(

jr1000yarder

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary #61
Re: Swapping out D&D Fat Cat for Fullsac "C" x-pipe
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 09:57:35 AM »

I am going to do the same thing!

Love my Fat Cats but they are too loud :nervous:.

Going with the new DX Pipe and 2.25 cores.

Dyno apt is April 4th so we will know soon.

Rich
2013 FLTRXSE2
Andrews 57H, .030 Cometic head gasket, 10:1 compression, TTS tuner, Covington Destroyer Pipe, HPI TB, F & R instant air ride, 12pt stainless bolts, SBD bags, fender, Custom Steel stretched tank and side covers, FBI Drop seat, Custom seat by Voss, 30" Chrome Instigator w/18" rotor, Misfit short neck kit, Ness Hot Legs, HHI 6 piston caliper, B-cool one off aluminum fender. Lots of custom audio stuff, and a lot I forgot!

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 09:57:57 AM »

what are you going to do with your D&D set up?  I have the fullsac x-pipe, stock cans with 2.25 baffles and TTS.  I'm happy with the set up but for some reason I have always had an itch to scratch with exhaust systems.  I've toyed with the idea of going with 2/1 set up, either D&D's, V&H High Outputs, or the Drago's system.  Why are you changing?  I like the look of the 2/1, shows the rear wheel a bit more on the left side, sheds some weight?
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

wolverine

• Full CVO Member
  • Rock Hard, Ride Free

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 03:56:14 PM »

jr1000yarder - Keep me informed on this as I'm moving slower on this than you.

Rio - I'm gonna hang on to the Fat Cat untill I decide if I like like the Fullsac or not. That Fat Cat makes the bike pull pretty good. Reasons I'm pulling it of are:
It's really loud.   
It's a 2009 pipe so I'm running a PC-V and am wanting to go back to using the O2 sensors of the stock system but have thought about a auto tune system for it instead.
I've got the ghost pipe and like the pipe on both sides looks.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 04:30:05 PM »

My last fatcat was a tad too loud too so I went to the perforated wrapped baffle now. I love it still screams but not as loud at highway speeds  :coolblue:

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 05:07:39 PM »

If you guys are looking for less loud, but maybe a deeper sound in the 2-1  you might give the drago pipe a shot, I have them on both the 11's.   You can get them with the 2.3 baffle and it will still perform as good or better than the D&D.   They also offer a ghost pipe and several different tip ends and the cost is much lower than a D&D.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 05:09:35 PM »

If you guys are looking for less loud, but maybe a deeper sound in the 2-1  you might give the drago pipe a shot, I have them on both the 11's.   You can get them with the 2.3 baffle and it will still perform as good or better than the D&D.   They also offer a ghost pipe and several different tip ends and the cost is much lower than a D&D.

Is this Frank from Dragos?  ::)

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 05:15:58 PM »

Is this Frank from Dragos?  ::)

One in the same also a  vendor on here.   added a picture of the 2-1 on my bike.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 05:18:18 PM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

jr1000yarder

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary #61
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 06:56:31 PM »

I wanna put custom tips 6" on my pipes. Can't do that with the fat cats. So I need to use the oem cans with fulsac baffles to obtain the look I'm after.  Otherwise I would keep my fat cats and wrap the baffle to quiet it down.

Rich
2013 FLTRXSE2
Andrews 57H, .030 Cometic head gasket, 10:1 compression, TTS tuner, Covington Destroyer Pipe, HPI TB, F & R instant air ride, 12pt stainless bolts, SBD bags, fender, Custom Steel stretched tank and side covers, FBI Drop seat, Custom seat by Voss, 30" Chrome Instigator w/18" rotor, Misfit short neck kit, Ness Hot Legs, HHI 6 piston caliper, B-cool one off aluminum fender. Lots of custom audio stuff, and a lot I forgot!

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 09:50:18 PM »

I wanna put custom tips 6" on my pipes. Can't do that with the fat cats. So I need to use the oem cans with fulsac baffles to obtain the look I'm after.  Otherwise I would keep my fat cats and wrap the baffle to quiet it down.

Rich
No worries man. Make sure you post up some pics.

kcbike

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2013, 08:15:42 PM »

rush 2:1 pipe will accept stock cvo end caps. if you want ghost pipe leave left side on length is perfect match.

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 10:29:45 PM »

rush 2:1 pipe will accept stock cvo end caps. if you want ghost pipe leave left side on length is perfect match.

Do you have any photo's you could share for this configuration?

CultusRider

• Just because you have a crack in your arse doesn't make you a cripple.
  • Junior CVO Member
  • Know What Matters

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4 (sold)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 (sold)
    • CVO3: 2015 Fltruse
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 10:59:06 PM »

I ordered the D&D Fat Cat 2:1 with the newer louvered "quiet" baffle, SERT, and SE Cone Style Intake (for bikes with lowers) for my Cuse8. Having these items, along with new 18" HogPro Apollo's with matching rotors, Ricor Shocks and Race Tech Springs with Ricor Intimidators, plus a few other bits and pces added over the next two weeks. Plus dyno of course. Will post some pics and the results.

Had great success with similar mods on my 08' SERK (although used a D&D 2:1 Borzilla). Not sure I would change out FC's unless you also have the louvered baffle and it also too loud?

My 2 cents.

CultusRider

wolverine

• Full CVO Member
  • Rock Hard, Ride Free

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2013, 12:15:13 PM »

The things I don't like about the Fat Cat are: The bike is lowered 1" so it scrapes when going over curbs. Like the 1 in front of the house. I still have heat on the rt side that cooks my RT calf when it hot outside. Lost a bunch of gas mileage, may be in part to a heavy right hand. I have the performance baffle and it is damn loud. I wear ear plugs so thats not a huge problem.  Some of the problems maybe with the map on the PC-V?   
 The bike runs very good. I was suprised that I didn't gain more low end torque than I did. Seems like the pipe really comes on around 2900 RPM'S and keeps pulling to around 5,000 RPM'S the kinda poops out. Just decided to change to the fullsac and try it. Now I'm hung up on tuners. I'm in the process of sorting that out. I hope.

2013SERG

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2013, 02:34:36 PM »

Go with Fullsac Steves Proven winning complete set up, Cores, Baffles, D Xpipe and the TTS with a DynoTune. You have seen all of the  ;D with this setup, get on with it.
Mine will be installed this weekend coming up along with some Yaffe OEM 12's. Will Post pics...

Cheers.
2013 SERG Longhorn Burnt Orange
D&D Fat Cat
Power commander
Fueling 574 Reaper cams
C&C custom gel seat, pillion and tour pack rest.
Buky custom made these 12's x 1'&1/2
Custom paint done by Doug Starbuck in Riverside CA.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 20 queries.