Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cometic part numbers for 6 speed  (Read 1033 times)

resqdoc

• Full CVO Member
  • de oppresso libre
    • MT

Cometic part numbers for 6 speed
« on: March 12, 2013, 01:30:45 AM »

I've searched high and low. A lot of bad information out there confusing 5 & 6 speed bikes.

I'm preparing to R&R Primary and Inner to do a Screamin Eagle Compensator upgrade as well as 30T belt sprocket. I have the Baker bearing and seal for the transmission shaft. I'd like to replace the shift shaft and starter jackshaft seals while it's apart.

What are the up-to-date Cometic part numbers for shifter shaft and jackshaft seals?

Any cheaper source than Cometic? $13.00 USP shipping for a couple of $2.00 pieces.
2007 FLHRSE3 with D&D Fatcats, SERT, AK-40 & Bitubo 330 mm, Glide-Pro, Clearview windscreen

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Cometic part numbers for 6 speed
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 11:49:38 AM »

What are the up-to-date Cometic part numbers for shifter shaft and jackshaft seals?

Cometic current catalog at the link below:

http://www.cometic.com/catalogs/harleydavidson.pdf

resqdoc

• Full CVO Member
  • de oppresso libre
    • MT

Re: Cometic part numbers for 6 speed
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 02:19:55 PM »

Two Lane,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately these particular seals aren't listed in the catalog under the proper make/model  :confused5: By this I mean; enter all the relevant bike info, lots of seals and gaskets pop up but not these two. Searching under other sites like JPcycles will get you the 5 speed part number and a warning that it doesn't fit the 6 speed, but not the 6 speed part number.

I did receive a timely response back from Cometic with the proper part numbers see below.

I'll answer my own question:
Shifter shaft seal = C9354 [Listed in catalog as 84-86 Evo B/T Clutch Release Lever O-ring, 86-Up Evo Sporty Shift Shaft Seal]
Starter Jackshaft seal = C9491 [Listed in catalog as L84-88 Big Twin Starter Shaft Seal (5 Pack)]

2007 FLHRSE3 with D&D Fatcats, SERT, AK-40 & Bitubo 330 mm, Glide-Pro, Clearview windscreen

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 20 queries.