Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Fuel Mileage ?  (Read 5666 times)

FL54

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 1948 Panhead
    • CVO2: '09 SERG
Re: Fuel Mileage ?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2013, 05:26:21 PM »

I've got an '09 SERG that gets 42 on the low side to almost 50 on the high side.  This is primarily 2 up and loaded on road trips.  I'm around 205 and the wife is around 130.  I do run non ethanol premium almost exclusively.  If I can't find it for some reason the mileage does suffer.

Akicita

• Full CVO Member
    • SD

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 12:21:11 PM »

Seems like last year I averaged 38 to 40 mpg, mostly riding by myself, so far this early spring, riding with momma, approx a buck 40.I just filled and only getting 34, pretty much riding easy. I know when before, when I lost my mind and run it hard of course mileage would go down, sorry, I guess my question is, in your humble opinions would I lose between 6 and 8 miles per gallon with her on the back? like I said she weighs about a buck 40. Thanks all.
Your mileage doesn't sound all that bad, although I don't know what 'easy' means in your book.  I'm used to riding in South Dakota, where you have a headwind in every direction you might want to travel.  Mileage?  Yeah, right!
Na sloigh as feart san gcruinne A muirn a mire a bhfighnamh; Ni comhnairt bheith ' na bhfeagmhais: Ni h-eibhneas gan Chlainn Domhnall

chaos901

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2000 SE Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC3
    • CVO3: 2010 SEUC5
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 03:22:49 PM »

'08 CVO Ultra.

Always glad to be around 40 mpg when traveling two-up with luggage.  Typically 10 or so above the posted speed limit too. 

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 04:50:14 AM »

I've squeezed a little over 50 mpg a couple times with mine before the power duals and new tune. I ride mostly solo without much gear and still easily get 40+ now ... I don't hammer mine too often, mostly cruise like a grandpa.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2013, 02:59:48 AM »

MontanaKid, 38-40 miles to the gallon doesn't seem that bad. I can go about 180 miles with passenger and luggage on my 09 SEUC and have very close to 3/4 of a gallon left. I fill it on the side stand and when the pump clicks I pull the nozzle. Trying to top it off usually results in a gas spill. It has the Fulsac stage one map, open K&N air filter and Fulsac 1.75 baffles, and no cat header. That means I am getting about 41 MPG riding on the freeway. If someone told me they got 50 miles to the gallon I would question it because that would mean they could go 250 miles and still have a gallon of gas left if they had a 6 gallon tank. I don't remember anyone on the site making that claim so far. Maybe I missed it. When the little green light on the dash comes on I still have over a gallon left. Wish I could remember the number of miles, but as soon as the green light comes on the odometer switches to range ( how far you can go before you supposedly run out). I will say the particular tank full l remember was from Oakhurst Ca. (highway 41) to the 99 south. I gassed up just after the 99 and 5 merge near the bottom of the "GrapeVine". I believe the gas stop was called Mettler. You can google it if you want to check the mileage. but it is close to 180 miles CAHDBIKER

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

FL54

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2013, 11:06:09 AM »

Couple of things.  The range of my 09 SERG is about 240 miles.  That is almost always 2 up with luggage.  I don't push the fuel range as these bikes are too heavy to push.  Fullsac headpipe and 1.75 baffles.  I typically get in the mid 40's MPG with sometimes high 40's depending on road conditions and if I'm hammering it.
The previous post mentioned Fullsac map but not what tuner was used.  The Fullsac map by itself will run on the rich side.  Secondly, any ethanol  mixture will cut the mileage by a minimum of 10%.

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2013, 03:22:51 AM »

Hi FL54, with the fulsac stage one you are supplied with a mastertune TTS. It allows you to load a canned map supplied by  Fulsac right from your computer into your bike's ECM. (they say to save the stock map so for warranty reasons) I would say I could feel the difference in power as soon as I installed the HD/K&N freeflow air kit, but when I added the Fulsac baffles and the canned map it felt pretty good from a seat of the pants perspective.I also have a noncat head pipe. I don't know how much horsepower or torque I have, but I know it is a great improvement from stock and it never pings. When it was stock it would ping on a regular basis as soon as I used non California gas. My first trip from So Cal to Wyoming, when the bike was stock, was a great ride except for the pinging. Runs great gets decent mileage and no dyno time or money wasted. Maybe the Fulsac map runs a little rich, but my plugs don't read rich and neither do my exhaust tips. I just think it is a good combo for someone who wants a little more than stock without spending a lot of money or putting their engine on a dyno. If you ride a SEUC with luggage and passenger I would find it hard to believe that your average rider could constantly get 48 to 50 MPG considering terrain/wind etc. Not trying to be argumentative, just going by my own experience and what I have read on the site. CAHDBIKER

Couple of things.  The range of my 09 SERG is about 240 miles.  That is almost always 2 up with luggage.  I don't push the fuel range as these bikes are too heavy to push.  Fullsac headpipe and 1.75 baffles.  I typically get in the mid 40's MPG with sometimes high 40's depending on road conditions and if I'm hammering it.
The previous post mentioned Fullsac map but not what tuner was used.  The Fullsac map by itself will run on the rich side.  Secondly, any ethanol  mixture will cut the mileage by a minimum of 10%.

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

FL54

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2013, 09:39:20 AM »

No worries chad biker.  I track every tank of fuel when I'm on the road.  I typically get in the mid 40's. 
sometimes a little more sometimes less depending on conditions.
I've got the bike in the trailer on the way to AZ for some early season riding . Stay tuned .
FL54

Montanakid

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2013, 09:38:35 PM »

Just an update, went out Easter Sunday, and after that ride, I filled up today and did the math and got 39. Will keep an eye on it. Thanks all. :pepper:
S&S T 124 LC Engine
D&D Borzilla Eghaust
Horsepower Inc Throttle Assembly
Hawg Wired 6 Pack System
Progressive Monotubes Front
Progressive 440's Rear

gmeikle

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FXSTSSE2

• CVO1: 2008 FXSTSSE2 Diamond Black
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2013, 07:06:36 AM »

2008 FXSTSSE2 CVO Springer

TTS tuned , V&H Big Shot Staggered exhaust.

I'm 90 Kg , not quite a " fat bastid "...

I am in Perth Western Australia , Kilometres and litres here sorry folks !

I get 53 MPG when I do the maths ( sorry "math" !)

To confuse matters that's the imperial UK gallon , which is 4.54 litres , US Gallon is 3.85 litres I think ?

Any roads , that's on 98 Octane pump gas , no ethanol , 100% pure gogojuice

I ride fairly hard when conditions allow , I'm old enough to be a grampa ,( 53 ) bit I'm not !!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 07:10:03 AM by gmeikle »
No illegitimi carborundum

FL54

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2013, 10:11:58 AM »

Just returned from AZ and CA riding 2 up with little luggage.  47 mpg.

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2013, 05:33:08 PM »

'09 SERG = 41 when I first got it last year w/ 2,420 mi. in Laconia 2up, no luggage
                      (you reallycan't roll up there compared to down south or out west)
              = 35-38 down south mostly 2up no luggage. Or running on Interstate
                           solo. Bike has V&H PowerDuals, FuelPak, ThrottlePak, K&N.

'05 SEEG = 34-36 solo or 2up just about anywhere except...
              = 24-25 2up loaded averaging 94 MPH / tank for 2 tanks :pepper:
                 Bike has PC III, K&N

'01 FXDWG2=34-35 solo/2up Barhoppin' or Thumpin' the Pines.
                     Bike has 103 6sp H/C pistons 635 lift cams etc...
                  =44 Everywhere when it was stock 88 5sp

All bikes run 93 w/Ethanol in the south, and the highest octane I can find anywhere else, none of the bikes ping under any conditions. 
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

jmhenrie

• Full CVO Member
  • expensive oil change

• CVO1: 2007 screaming eagle electra glide Gone
    • CVO2: 2010 screeming Eagle electra glide cvo limited black
    • CVO3: 2012 cvo electra glide Electic Orange/black
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2013, 09:45:15 PM »

with 6000 miles on my bike my average mpg, is 38.7, I track each fill Excel. last year on a trip Montana I had one tank going over beartooth pass to Jackson hole that I got 53 mpg put 5.98 gallons in tank, half the trip was through Yellowstone national park top speed 45mph.  next day going back west I got a whopping 26 mpg 70 to 80 mph with strong head wind, bike died as I pulled into service station 6.1 gallons in tank, kinda scary living on the edge....
cheers
mike
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 10:13:52 AM by jmhenrie »

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2013, 09:52:24 PM »

I just checked mine again and the last few fill-ups I've been averaging 42 mpg .... that's one-up, no gear and local/highway combined. I do downshift a lot so every blip of the throttle wastes gas when slowing down, I don't use my brakes too much ... I guess I ride my bike just like I drive my tri-axle. I'm sure my mileage would be much better on a steady highway run.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2013, 10:46:47 PM »

with 6000 miles on my bike my average mpg, is 38.7, I track each fill Excel. last year on a trip Montana I had one tank going over beartooth pass to Jackson hole that I got 53 mpg put 6.98 gallons in tank, half the trip was through Yellowstone national park top speed 45mph.  next day going back west I got a whopping 26 mpg 70 to 80 mph with strong head wind, bike died as I pulled into service station 7,1 gallons in tank, kinda scary living on the edge....
cheers
mike

Those orange and black bikes must be special since all the other color SEUC get 6 gallon tanks.

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 24 queries.