Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Leaking rear shocks  (Read 722 times)

Springer Dan

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
Leaking rear shocks
« on: April 16, 2013, 12:46:27 PM »

Leaving for work this morning I noticed a wet spot behind bike about a foot in diameter. Thought it was water at first since it was close to the garage door but hasn't rained since Friday so thought it was odd. Looked closer and found it was oil and the bottom of the left pipe was also wet. Smelled like hydraulic oil and I noticed that the bottom of the left shock had a drop hanging from it.  :o

A little background. Really haven't ridden it much yet (only 75 miles) due to work and the weather. Last week I was installing Wards cooling fans and while I had the left bag off I figured that I would check the pressure in the shocks with my new HD electronic gauge/pump and found it at zero. I pumped it up to about thirty psi for a starting point. It was late by the time I finished so I didn't test ride and haven't since.

I checked the pressure again this morning and it was down to 20psi. Has anyone seen this issue before? I'm waiting for a call back from the SM at my dealership.   

Dan

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 Titanium/Black FLHRSE6
Re: Leaking rear shocks
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 05:46:03 PM »

I've got about 1000 miles on mine. Haven't had a fluid leak but I've had to add air to the shocks about once a week.

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Leaking rear shocks
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 08:22:49 PM »

ive gone round and round with air in shocks - and the bike before that air in the forks.....

installed progressive shocks and got rid of all the air - the air line stuff was the one thing on my 2007 that bothered me every single day.

no real issues since - knock on wood

to

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 24 queries.