Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Recommendations for tour pak pod speakers  (Read 507 times)

led tail lights

• Junior CVO Member
Recommendations for tour pak pod speakers
« on: April 17, 2013, 10:23:26 PM »

I just bought a tour pak for my 2010 sesg.  I'm going with the empty hog tunes 5 1/4" pods.  So what's a good speaker that will fit that shallow pod.  I have had good luck with J&M products.  But the J&M 5 1/4 are 2ohm and your limited for amp options.  I do have the J&M 4 channel amp that will run them but I have more options with a 4ohm speaker.  Let me know everyone's opinion.  Thanks

UltraNutZ

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Recommendations for tour pak pod speakers
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 09:27:18 AM »

I just bought a tour pak for my 2010 sesg.  I'm going with the empty hog tunes 5 1/4" pods.  So what's a good speaker that will fit that shallow pod.  I have had good luck with J&M products.  But the J&M 5 1/4 are 2ohm and your limited for amp options.  I do have the J&M 4 channel amp that will run them but I have more options with a 4ohm speaker.  Let me know everyone's opinion.  Thanks

Polk Audio MM651 are 2.7 ohm so they'll be a match for that amp and drop directly into the cutouts of the pods.  you'll need to drill new holes for the mounting screws.  I've done a couple of installs with the HT pods and this speaker fit perfectly both times however I've seen/read on some where the hole is tad bit smaller than the 5-1/16" needed so you might have to file out or dremel the cutout a smidgen.  Great speaker and will fit.

Also I think the HT pods are a tad bit deeper than the stock pods so a larger diameter magnet should fit as well.

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 20 queries.