Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: IPhone and bluetooth  (Read 1011 times)

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
IPhone and bluetooth
« on: April 18, 2013, 12:09:20 PM »

I was wondering if I bought a bluetooth helmet and synced it to my IPhone while the Iphone is plugged into my CO Road King, would the Music play through the speakers on the bike and the helmet at the same time??

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: IPhone and bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 01:39:01 PM »

You can stream via Bluetooth from the phone to another Bluetooth device if it is compatible with the IPhone or use the headset output to the Auxiliary input on the bike but not both at the same time.

Check to see if the Bluetooth helmet will sync to your IPhone before buying it.

Jim@hdbomm.com
Ride It Like You Are Retired

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 03:13:26 PM »

Thaks Jim

I kinda figured that would be the case. Oh well I really don't know if I wanna be bbothered with phone calls while out riding the bike anyway!! LOL The only plus would have been the fact that with my girlfriend wanting a modular helmet, I don't know if she will be able to hear the bike's speakers very well. If both would have worked at the same time I could have listened to the bike's speakers and she could have listened to her helmet.

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 03:47:06 PM »

You can have both the bike speakers on and plug in a wired helmet. Of course both bike speakers and helmet will be listening to the same thing.

If you want to be able to make and take phone calls you can do that as long as you have your helmet with the headset installed with the HDI-Bomm and your IPhone. You can play music on your phone, navigate, search the web, send voice messages all using voice activation. What ever you can do with your iPhone using Siri you can do while riding using your helmet microphone and the HDI-Bomm.

Jim@hdbomm.com

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 04:17:50 PM »

That sounds great but what would I plug the helmet into? My bike does not have a radio, only an IPod / IPhone connector inside the left rear saddlebag.

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 05:29:20 PM »

I thought you had the radio.

You could buy a GPS with Bluetooth. Sync the helmet to the GPS, then sync the iPhone to the GPS. Play music via the GPS make and take phone calls via the GPS. Road Tech or Zumo 660 or 665 will do this. Of course it will get expensive.
With the 665 you will also get XM radio. More $$$
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 05:35:21 PM by bissjim »

Rappley2000

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 07:55:34 PM »

I'm not sure if this will help, but i bought one of these to try. http://www.amazon.com/Patuoxun-Bluetooth-Receiver-Adapter-Sounddock/dp/B0094G44PS/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1366328552&sr=8-11&keywords=bluetooth+receiver. Plug it in in the saddlebag and I have my iphone mounted to the handlebars. I put the phone in airplane mode so i don't get calls through the speakers, but i can see what's playing on my phone and skip songs when i want. Pandora works along with the turn by turn directions. It was a $15 gamble until I decide to purchase the $700 ZUMO. There is an annoying hum at low volumes, but you can not hear it at cruising volumes. i usually just hit the mode button to kill the hum instead of turning the volume down. i haven't determined the cause of the hum yet, but for the money I'm happy with it for now.

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 20 queries.