Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Head light shaking  (Read 1571 times)

how2

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Head light shaking
« on: April 26, 2013, 09:29:36 AM »

what can i do to stop it it does it real bad when on the road.  And i think everything is tight.  HELP

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
Re: Head light shaking
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 09:33:44 AM »

what can i do to stop it it does it real bad when on the road.  And i think everything is tight.  HELP

I believe the light is rubber mounted just like my '08 Custom was, and I'm not sure it can be stopped as long as the rubber bushings are in place.

I rarely ride at night but when I do I actually prefer this.  The bouncing of the beam is great for cagers as they have no choice but to see you.
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Breakout

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout gold candy
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 10:55:19 AM »

:rolleyes3: ZO6_Pilot is right, the housing is installed on 3 rubber bushings (inside the headlight) I had the same problem.
When I installed my daymaker headlight I found these rubber bushings, I have shoved a piece of Thick rubber between the
mounting plate and the Headlight housing to get the installation more rigid and now the problem is solved :smilie_staub:

2013 CVO Breakout Hard Candy Gold , Jekill&Hyde Shorty, SERT, Daymaker , Elite Air Filter.

Akicita

• Full CVO Member
    • SD

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 12:22:12 PM »

I believe the light is rubber mounted just like my '08 Custom was, and I'm not sure it can be stopped as long as the rubber bushings are in place.

I rarely ride at night but when I do I actually prefer this.  The bouncing of the beam is great for cagers as they have no choice but to see you.
Yeah, right.  I replaced my passing lamps with some serious halogen lamps, and they still make me turn invisible, especially when the cager(s) make direct eye contact with you before they pull out.  "I didn't see the motorcycle"!  Does that sound familiar?
Na sloigh as feart san gcruinne A muirn a mire a bhfighnamh; Ni comhnairt bheith ' na bhfeagmhais: Ni h-eibhneas gan Chlainn Domhnall

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 12:41:03 PM »

right, but at night when I'm driving my car, I have had bikes behind me with the rubber mounted lights, and it constantly gets my attention that they are behind me with the light bouncing around in my rear view.

or when I am riding past an intersection(I ride almost exclusively away from big city streets), if there is a car waitint to turn left across my lane, I always hit my horn with a short burst to try to give them an audible interrupt to any visual fixation they might,  looking right through me.

every little bit helps, IMO.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 12:46:14 PM by Z06_Pilot »
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Akicita

• Full CVO Member
    • SD

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 10:49:24 AM »

right, but at night when I'm driving my car, I have had bikes behind me with the rubber mounted lights, and it constantly gets my attention that they are behind me with the light bouncing around in my rear view.

or when I am riding past an intersection(I ride almost exclusively away from big city streets), if there is a car waitint to turn left across my lane, I always hit my horn with a short burst to try to give them an audible interrupt to any visual fixation they might,  looking right through me.

every little bit helps, IMO.
Yes, I whole heartedly agree with defensive riding on the part of motorcyclists, even with pushing it to extremes.  It's called survival.  Now if we can educate John Q. Public cager into the belief that we can't really stop on a dime, pay sometimes more for our motorcycles than the POS they're driving, often pay more in road taxes and have as much right to be on the road as they, we might just accomplish something.  'Til then, I'll look them square in the face and try my best to trust them, as well as try to avoid them!
Na sloigh as feart san gcruinne A muirn a mire a bhfighnamh; Ni comhnairt bheith ' na bhfeagmhais: Ni h-eibhneas gan Chlainn Domhnall

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 20 queries.