Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: New Maple Metallic  (Read 7695 times)

jcd520

New Maple Metallic
« on: April 28, 2013, 03:53:01 PM »

This is gonna cost me some money--------------I can feel it coming!!!!

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: New Maple Metallic
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 05:16:51 PM »

It's  a beauty for sure :2vrolijk_21: I went to pick up my sergu after a service trip to the dealer one day and told him I had the CVO RG. (didn't think this dealer had anymore in for service), They brought out a maple and left it sitting in the sunlight, brought in the keys and said here ya go. Walked outside and fell in love with the color. They did correct the issue after I took about 5 minutes admiring it though and brought it to their attention.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

jcd520

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 10:16:04 PM »

You are an honest guy----------------I think I would have at least went around the block on it!
Just kidding-------------probably not a good idea.

E-Skunk

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 11:47:07 PM »

I would be more concerned with who they tossed my keys to! :oops:

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 11:55:45 PM »

This is gonna cost me some money--------------I can feel it coming!!!!

Yep.  For a start, I can see it needs Daymaker headlights.   :2vrolijk_21:   :huepfenlol2:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

jcd520

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 08:22:05 AM »

Those are definitely on my list(daymaker headlght) --------------but after riding it all weekend Im not spending a dime on it til I get this windshield thing worked out. The one that came on it really sucks and couple of friends of mine have different ones as well and they suck too!
This bike needs a better shield and some lowers to be able to go long distances without blowing your ears out.
 Wind noise is horrible.
Read all the posts on windshields til 1:30 in the morning saturday night and will now start my search.
Ive narrowed it down to 3----------Windvest, Ceebailey , Clearview. Not necessarily in that order, but those seem to be the ones that most are using.------Im  6'2" --------------so its gonna be interesting at best.

What a great ride though other than that, there are things I really like about it better than my batwing ride.
Ill keep things posted here. ---------------suggestions welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E-Skunk

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 09:17:22 AM »

I would love to see one of these in an air chamber to see how the air pattern flows around the fairing and rider. I know it was windy yesterday but clearly there are some odd air flows by the number of bugs plastered to my inner fairing!

I must have gotten them when I was backing up! :coolblue:

Be curious to know if air slots in the wind screen (similar to the US mail slot in the FLHRSE5) would take out the buffeting on the RG? :nixweiss:

ultrarider123

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 09:52:07 AM »

Those are definitely on my list(daymaker headlght)

Daymaker will be a much needed improvement (and well worth it) over the stock lights.  Good luck on the windshield shopping. 

Love that Maple color

jcd520

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 10:01:15 AM »

Lowers would help a lot with the wind--------------ride one sometime in the rain, batwing or RG either one and see what happens. You will literally drown. The water comes right up under your chin like a fire hose. All my friends won't put em on or change from the HD shield either cause they say it looks so cool but there is a fine line between looking cool and being comfortable. Some of  them trailer as well when we go somewhere -------I mean really go somewhere--I on the other hand don't so there is a difference . All day long 500 or more miles a day with your ears getting pounded is kind of tiring.

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 10:11:29 AM »

Yep.  For a start, I can see it needs Daymaker headlights.   :2vrolijk_21:   :huepfenlol2:
+1 on the Daymakers, and its gonna want Black Forks!
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

jcd520

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 12:15:04 PM »

Black lowers or Maple Metallic?-----------------Give me your opinions please.

JonMac

• Senior CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 (traded in)
    • CVO2: 2019 FLTRXSE
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 08:32:30 PM »

+1 on the Daymakers!

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 11:27:42 AM »

Black lowers or Maple Metallic?-----------------Give me your opinions please.
Black Lowers  :2vrolijk_21:
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

badaz06

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 02:27:32 PM »

Ok..for a newbie...what are lowers, and daymakers?

jcd520

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 03:20:42 PM »

Lowers are the vented fairing lowers that bolt on to the crash bar----------in other words the pieces that are in front of your chins on a batwing or RG fairing.
Daymakers are the new LED headlights that come stock on the 2013 Screamin Eagle Road Glides. They are the (expensive ) replacement items for the stock Halogen lights that come on the prior year models.

Also ------------There are NO dumb questions on here----------Welcome to the site my friend!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 24 queries.