Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Got to use the Tuxedo (t-shirt) again! Marriage in Eureka Springs!!  (Read 1835 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

No pictures and no names as per instructions from a new bride who says they'll tell their own story in their own time later.  Right now she just wants an outline shared and their thanks for finding some friends through the site.  Here's the deal with Herself's approved story :2vrolijk_21: .

Last Thursday night I got a message asking for a call back.  So I did.  Talked to an amazing woman who told me her and her long time boyfriend's story.  He's got a cancer that will "Probably" kill him in a couple years.  "Probably" is emphasized every time the C word is used.  And it's emphasized skeptically because they intend to beat it.  But.... "just in case" (again, their emphasis) they had in the last couple of nights decided it was time to get married.

They were on a bike trip and would be in Eureka Springs, AR the next night.  They'd seen an old thread telling the story of another couple that I married in Eureka Springs a few years ago and wanted to know if on such short notice a few riders could be rounded up and we could do the deed Friday evening.

So we did :drink: !

A few riders I know in the Eureka Springs area showed, I brought a couple more down with me, the hotel manager knew of a few others and when all was said and done we had kids for ring bearer and flowers (all in leather of course), 20 bikes, about 35 new friends, one hell of a party and a great ceremony.  

I was asked to end the post describing the nights festivities with the last line I used for the ceremony itself.  They may or may not have a long time, but they'll have a great time, now kiss like you mean it and enjoy the ride!

:drink: Congratulations to my new friends !!  :drink:

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
Re: Got to use the Tuxedo (t-shirt) again! Marriage in Eureka Springs!!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 03:37:20 PM »

That sounds like so much Fun!
Congrats to all

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 04:36:13 PM »

Great story, hope the sad ending stays away for a bit.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 04:57:13 PM »

Awesome!
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 07:29:57 PM »

Here's to the happy couple!

:drink:

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 08:49:55 PM »

2Lane, don't you love it when a plan comes together! Congrats to the Happy Couple! You know if we had been closer all it would have taken would have been a shout out and we would have been there for the happy event.
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 10:41:50 PM »

2Lane, don't you love it when a plan comes together! Congrats to the Happy Couple! You know if we had been closer all it would have taken would have been a shout out and we would have been there for the happy event.

Have heard the same about loving to attend from a few others today.  Unfortunately there was only time to grab happy bodies that were close in.  A store in Eureka helped with the dress during the day, the hotel helped out with some accouterments and some new friends so both a ceremony and a party came together quickly (and very well).  It was great fun.

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 11:31:29 PM »

Have heard the same about loving to attend from a few others today.  Unfortunately there was only time to grab happy bodies that were close in.  A store in Eureka helped with the dress during the day, the hotel helped out with some accouterments and some new friends so both a ceremony and a party came together quickly (and very well).  It was great fun.

So were the accouterments wintergreen or spearmint?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

So were the accouterments wintergreen or spearmint?

Actually mostly plastic.....  :huepfenlol2:

Some chairs and an arbor.  A couple of plastic wreaths and a few plastic flowers.  All stuff they had on hand we could grab quickly and they were pleased to toss at the party.

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member

When it comes down to it, that's all you really need... the goal of the day is for the two to proclaim commitment, all the rest are just frills.

It would be an interesting assessment of the human condition for someone to study the correlation between divorce (or separation for you Catholics) rates and the amount spent on weddings, in many third world countries "till death" still means that... odds are the missing gold inlay on the invites don't mean much when you're struggling to put bread or rice on the table.

But then again, we tend to be a throw away type society, why wouldn't marriage be any different?

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.