Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2005 SEEG Stereo Upgrade  (Read 2744 times)

Fire4Effect

2005 SEEG Stereo Upgrade
« on: May 06, 2013, 10:41:44 PM »

I swear I had everything mapped out before to took on this project, but for the life of me, I can't find my notes and I can't find this out with the wiring diagrams. I have a Harmon Kardon unit to put in my bike, the overlay harness and I can't remember the pins to change from the old 23-pin harness. I'm creating an 8-speaker setup and I'm trying to mock it up before I install everything. I'm looking through all my diagrams and notes, but I'm coming up blank. Can anyone clue me in? Thanks.

Fire4Effect

Re: 2005 SEEG Stereo Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 10:13:52 PM »

I have an extra 23 pin connector that the book says I shouldn't have. I have the '05 manual, parts manual and the SEEG supplement and none of them show this connector. Looking at the wire colors, none of them match what should be present.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 11:16:15 PM »

The connector is for the added amp that is stock on the 04-05 cvo SEEG. These radios came with an added amplifier. I do not have the pin outs hands but there are power, ground, and left and right amplified speaker leads. The stock non amplified leads are still on the bike typically tapped back on the harness near each speaker. These unused leads are the ones you need to use if connecting to an external amp.

Fire4Effect

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 08:11:43 AM »

The connector is for the added amp that is stock on the 04-05 cvo SEEG. These radios came with an added amplifier. I do not have the pin outs hands but there are power, ground, and left and right amplified speaker leads. The stock non amplified leads are still on the bike typically tapped back on the harness near each speaker. These unused leads are the ones you need to use if connecting to an external amp.

That makes sense.

I wish the book bothered to mention this.

But they DO take 3 pages to cover the garage door opener.  ::)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 08:35:47 AM by Fire4Effect »

Fire4Effect

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 09:45:57 AM »

In other words, I may have discovered a power source for the new front amp?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 10:49:54 AM »

In other words, I may have discovered a power source for the new front amp?

That extra harness does have a fused power lead that is a homerun from the fuse panel.  It's not heavy enough to be the 10g main power that many amps want but it could be your switching power source if your amp requires it.  Though you could perhaps more easily jump off the lead to the cig lighter.

One thing to keep in mind, the radio you took out is worthless without that harness.  So if there is any plan to use or sell that radio elsewhere you need to pull that harness to go with it.

Fire4Effect

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 02:48:20 PM »

That extra harness does have a fused power lead that is a homerun from the fuse panel.  It's not heavy enough to be the 10g main power that many amps want but it could be your switching power source if your amp requires it.  Though you could perhaps more easily jump off the lead to the cig lighter.

One thing to keep in mind, the radio you took out is worthless without that harness.  So if there is any plan to use or sell that radio elsewhere you need to pull that harness to go with it.

I already sold the radio on eBay. I tried to make it abundantly clear in the listing to verify fitment. I have no idea what the buyer is using it for, as he never replied to any of my messages.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 02:56:41 PM »

I already sold the radio on eBay. I tried to make it abundantly clear in the listing to verify fitment. I have no idea what the buyer is using it for, as he never replied to any of my messages.

Wouldn't matter what the new application is going to be.  The radio is incomplete without that extra harness.  They'll never have the benefit of the radio's internal amplifier without it.

Not that the amp was ever that good.  But that is the only extra benefit to that radio.  71004-04 is the part number for the harness itself should the new owner get in contact.

Fire4Effect

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 03:22:00 PM »

Wouldn't matter what the new application is going to be.  The radio is incomplete without that extra harness.  They'll never have the benefit of the radio's internal amplifier without it.

Not that the amp was ever that good.  But that is the only extra benefit to that radio.  71004-04 is the part number for the harness itself should the new owner get in contact.

Thank you. The parts supplement shows this harness, but I don't see anything in the service supplement.

Pretty aggravating.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 04:28:04 PM »

Thank you. The parts supplement shows this harness, but I don't see anything in the service supplement.

Pretty aggravating.

Service supplement wouldn't address it separately.  Probably should but it wouldn't.  It isn't wrapped inside the main harness though.  Just piggybacks along side it.  So it is easy to pull should you ever decide to.  Only tricky part might be releasing the locks in the fuse panel to get that one terminal out.

Page created in 4.489 seconds with 24 queries.