Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2013 CVO RGC clutch issue  (Read 1680 times)

redeye93

• CVO1: 2013 RGC CVO #68
2013 CVO RGC clutch issue
« on: May 08, 2013, 08:25:51 PM »

Posted at HDforums.com as well.  Looking for any suggestions please...

Just got off the phone with my guys over at the Harley shop. I brought it in to get it dyno'ed and they told me that they couldn't do the run properly because the clutch is slipping. I put V&H Power duals and Monster rounds with the T-Man 555 Torqster cam on it and they said I need a heavier spring for the power it's putting down. They are looking for a solution for me. I figured come talk to the pros on the forum and see if anyone has encountered this issue. If you have a 2013 and you've done similar mods, have you encountered this problem and if so, what was your solution? From how they explained it to me, it is on the '13 models that they changed the clutch. Just looking for other options and opinions on what I should do. I knew it didn't feel right, but I couldn't explain what I was feeling. Now this makes sense. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!
2013 CVO RGC 110th Anniversary Edition #68

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

Re: 2013 CVO RGC clutch issue
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 04:27:42 AM »

Good morning,

Look here ! http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=50386.0

Advise of this topic : Look the level oil in the clutch master cylinder ! Too many oil, it's bad and your clucth is slipping !

********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

jr1000yarder

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary #61
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 09:24:47 AM »

Posted at HDforums.com as well.  Looking for any suggestions please...

Just got off the phone with my guys over at the Harley shop. I brought it in to get it dyno'ed and they told me that they couldn't do the run properly because the clutch is slipping. I put V&H Power duals and Monster rounds with the T-Man 555 Torqster cam on it and they said I need a heavier spring for the power it's putting down. They are looking for a solution for me. I figured come talk to the pros on the forum and see if anyone has encountered this issue. If you have a 2013 and you've done similar mods, have you encountered this problem and if so, what was your solution? From how they explained it to me, it is on the '13 models that they changed the clutch. Just looking for other options and opinions on what I should do. I knew it didn't feel right, but I couldn't explain what I was feeling. Now this makes sense. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Mine just started to slip some @ around 3700 miles, thought it was me but on hard 2gear pulls I feel it.  "Normal" riding its fine.  I will have to look into it before im sitting along the road.

Rich
2013 FLTRXSE2
Andrews 57H, .030 Cometic head gasket, 10:1 compression, TTS tuner, Covington Destroyer Pipe, HPI TB, F & R instant air ride, 12pt stainless bolts, SBD bags, fender, Custom Steel stretched tank and side covers, FBI Drop seat, Custom seat by Voss, 30" Chrome Instigator w/18" rotor, Misfit short neck kit, Ness Hot Legs, HHI 6 piston caliper, B-cool one off aluminum fender. Lots of custom audio stuff, and a lot I forgot!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 12:06:31 PM »

The A&S clutch is new to the CVO Touring line for 2013.  When was the last time Harley put something "new" on their bikes and didn't have problems?  Go on, try to think of something.

I've got a sneaking suspicion that they purposely undersized the clutch spring to reduce lever effort, and of course they will now offer a Screamin' Eagle upgrade to keep the stock clutch from slipping.  Kind of like the compensator problems, if you know what I mean.

Be prepared to be told that it's not a warranty problem and you will have to pay to fix it.  After all, you are modifying the output of the engine, right?

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

redeye93

• CVO1: 2013 RGC CVO #68
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 02:30:30 AM »

Well, I got the bike back today and I didn't have to change the clutch yet, but they said it's going.  They recommended I use it until it's gone, then I will have to replace.  Looking at the AIM VP-Charger 120R kit.  I called them today after reading some post and a few folks suggested them.  They said they were working on a prototype for the 13 CVO's, but no where near production yet.  If it's not done by the time my clutch goes, they said I could use this kit and just change out the clutch hopper with a older non CVO version and use this kit and it can handle the hp and torque from my upgrades.
2013 CVO RGC 110th Anniversary Edition #68

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 20 queries.