Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: BUSHTEC TRAILER HITCH  (Read 4503 times)

jau flyer

BUSHTEC TRAILER HITCH
« on: May 19, 2013, 08:26:51 AM »

hey everybody!!!!

I am looking at buying a new BuchTec trailer for my 2005 SEEG. I have researched the site here for some information but have a couple questions:

What are the options for a "filler" to fill the gap between the hitch and the bottom of the fender? Their site says to by the "V" logo bar, but i found a thread as recently as last year that someone stated they have a newer hitch for the SEEG's that do not require a filler. Is this true? Or if a filler is required, can a Street Glide rear fender fascia be used? Can you guys post some pics of what you did to hide the hitch, if anything at all?

Also, can you give me ideas on what to do with the electrical connector when the trailer is not in use? I've read about velcroing the connector up underneath the fender and someone using a bolt or something. Could ya'all post some pictures of what you have seen or experienced from your trailer towing days.

Thanks in advance. Appreciate any comments or feedback. i am looking into BushTec's new "Sportstar" trailer for our banana SE.....thanks again....

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: BUSHTEC TRAILER HITCH
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 09:11:31 AM »

See if this helps any.  First pic is an 05 with the hitch installed hidden by the Street Glide rear fascia.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 09:12:48 AM »

Then same bike with the hitch pin installed in the hitch receiver.  Just so you can see how well the Street Glide part hides the hitch.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 09:16:05 AM »

Then a 2000 model bike (same frame, same hitch) with the hitch hidden behind the V-Rail rear bumper.  If you look for and know it's there it's recognizable.  If you don't know to look it's hardly noticed.  But the V-Rail doesn't hide it as well as does the Street Glide rear trim.

You can also see the harness in this pic.  I just wire strap the harness connector to the bottom of the hitch when not in use.  This pic is taken while squatting down behind the bike to see it better.  If standing up normally it really doesn't stand out.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 10:39:34 AM »

I stap the harness to the top of the hitch and almost makes it go away. Lately I've been using the hitch more for a flag mount for PGR missions.     

jau flyer

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 11:00:47 AM »

See if this helps any.  First pic is an 05 with the hitch installed hidden by the Street Glide rear fascia.

Hey TwoLane....

That fascia looks nice. was it color matched to your paint or did it already come in that color? Also, if there are lights in the fascia, which appears there are, do they work and did you have to alter anything to get them to "light-up"??

Sorry for the questions, but just want the end result to be neat and clean like you show....thx.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 11:06:02 AM »

Hey TwoLane....

That fascia looks nice. was it color matched to your paint or did it already come in that color? Also, if there are lights in the fascia, which appears there are, do they work and did you have to alter anything to get them to "light-up"??

Sorry for the questions, but just want the end result to be neat and clean like you show....thx.

The lights are both running lights and brake lights...   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

jau flyer

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 11:17:47 AM »

Hey Dunbar!!!

nice set-up!!!!

What was required to wire-in the fascia? is it plug n play or splicing required? i was looking on line for fascia colors, but all i found was chrome. i assume that is a BushTec hitch?

thanks for the pic....

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2013, 11:29:22 AM »

Hey Dunbar!!!

nice set-up!!!!

What was required to wire-in the fascia? is it plug n play or splicing required? i was looking on line for fascia colors, but all i found was chrome. i assume that is a BushTec hitch?

thanks for the pic....

Basically plug and play.  I chose to wire in a connector to make it quick disconnect.  You can buy a variety of colors, but I couldn't tell you off-hand what colors are available....  Yes, a Bushtec hitch...
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2013, 12:09:05 PM »

Hey TwoLane....

I had mine painted to match the bike.  Had the codes so it was an easy thing to get done.  I did like Scott did with the lights.  Just wired in quick disconnect.

The factory install of that rear trim piece includes a mounting bracket on each side and holes drilled in the fender on each side.  You can take a short cut.  Quite a few of us added those using only the 3M two sided emblem tape to make the mount to each fender.  Don't know of any that have failed and it's been several years later.

jau flyer

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2013, 01:15:49 PM »

Hey two lane!!!!

Do you have a part # for that fascia? Local HD shop is saying i need 91067-07. i don't see how that will work because of the upper pc above the fascia that would interfere with the license plate bracket. the one he is talking about is a retro for an ultra with an existing fending tip light. i think he told me wrong. does the light connector just plug into a socket underneath the tail light lens?

thanks in advance...

jau flyer

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2013, 01:50:57 PM »

Hey Dunbar!!!

Do you have a part # for the fascia pc? i thought all that was needed was the lower pc with the 3 light bars, but apparently i need the side pcs between the saddlebags. as i look closer, it looks to be all one pc.....

sorry for the silly questions. i don't want to buy the wrong stuff...

thanks.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2013, 03:41:04 PM »

Hey Dunbar!!!

Do you have a part # for the fascia pc? i thought all that was needed was the lower pc with the 3 light bars, but apparently i need the side pcs between the saddlebags. as i look closer, it looks to be all one pc.....

sorry for the silly questions. i don't want to buy the wrong stuff...

thanks.

In addition to installing this on my bike about 6 years ago, I also just installed the entire assembly on my buddy's Red 05 SEEG about a week ago.  There was no paint match available for his Red SEEG, so I had to have it match painted...

Here's the parts I used, including the connector...  There are two type gromments. Either solid, or with a hole in the center.  If you look at my picture, I use solid grommets.  If you look at Twolane's pictures, he needed open grommets.  I used open grommets on my buddies SEEG because of the tour pak quick disconnect hardware supports.

Scott

Ground Effects (fascia), part no. 59739-06 (color code: BXT (cobalt blue), BPY (black pearl), BPS (black cherry) and DH (vivid black)

Rear Fender Light Assembly, 69375-06

Pin Housing, 3-way,  part no. 73103-96BK

Pin Terminal, part no. 73190-96

Stud Plate, part no. 59818-06, (requires 2)

Screw, part 3596, (2)

Flange nut, part 7499, (6)

Grommet, part no. 59778-06 (2)
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2013, 04:12:25 PM »

My friends 05 SEEG.  I just finished installing the fender extension yesterday.  He has a non Bushtec trailer hitch...
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2013, 04:42:48 PM »

hey everybody!!!!

I am looking at buying a new BuchTec trailer for my 2005 SEEG. I have researched the site here for some information but have a couple questions:

What are the options for a "filler" to fill the gap between the hitch and the bottom of the fender? Their site says to by the "V" logo bar, but i found a thread as recently as last year that someone stated they have a newer hitch for the SEEG's that do not require a filler. Is this true? Or if a filler is required, can a Street Glide rear fender fascia be used? Can you guys post some pics of what you did to hide the hitch, if anything at all?

Also, can you give me ideas on what to do with the electrical connector when the trailer is not in use? I've read about velcroing the connector up underneath the fender and someone using a bolt or something. Could ya'all post some pictures of what you have seen or experienced from your trailer towing days.

Thanks in advance. Appreciate any comments or feedback. i am looking into BushTec's new "Sportstar" trailer for our banana SE.....thanks again....

How about this for an option?

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 24 queries.