Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ***SOLD SOLD SOLD***Am I priced right???  (Read 1194 times)

opee6969

• Senior CVO Member
  • RUMSPRINGA!!!
***SOLD SOLD SOLD***Am I priced right???
« on: May 28, 2013, 04:49:06 PM »

I've lowered the price on my '02 FLHRSEI to $13K and I'm still not getting any bites. It's in great condition and only has 18K miles on it. Your thoughts??
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 09:59:10 AM by opee6969 »
'01 FLSTF
'03 FLSTS
'05 K1200LT
'15 FLTRXS
'16 FLHTKSE

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Am I priced right???
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 05:20:18 PM »

Book value is somewhere between $10k trade-in and $14k retail (at a dealer) as best I can tell.  Usually on a sale by owner a customer would expect a lower price than they would get at a dealership, and often a good approach is to split the difference between what you could get in trade from a dealer, and full retail book. 

Actually I don't think you're terribly overpriced at $13k, assuming truly excellent condition, but these things have a lot to do with local market conditions.  There are plenty of places in this country where the economy hasn't exactly come roaring back, and even many dealers are still finding it difficult to stay in business.  Regardless of what you, or some "book", thinks the value is, ultimately your local market will determine the real value.  I think if it were me, if I didn't get any bites in the next few weeks (now that summer seems to be trying to finally make an entrance),  I'd try dropping the price another $500 and see what happens. :nixweiss:

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

rw3673

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE. Was candy cobalt. Getting custom paint
    • CVO2: 2007 CVO Ultra. B/O. Sold
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 10:37:01 PM »

I bought my current 04 b/b seeg this past November in NC for 14g.   8000 miles 1 owner.  Mostly stock except for stage 1 and Rhinehardt true duals. Bike was mint. I thought that was a good deal.  I sold my old 07 SEUC a year prior for 24g and it had 40,000 miles on it.  It was a o/b.  Took me almost 4 months to sell, but I guy finally came along and had to have it.  It was totally mint and had about 6g in extra accessories on it(color matched tourpak was a big factor).     

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 11:54:24 AM »

One just sold out my way for $11,900.  He had around 25,000 miles on it.  I'm not in the market so I have no idea on the actual condition versus his advertisement.  If you have to sell it now is the time and the advice to drop it by $500.00 seems like good advice.

Good Luck   

ultrarider123

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 01:13:56 PM »

Doing a bit of research for your area (Columbus, OH) looks like your '02 should bring somewhere between $12,200 to $13,600 average retail which is right in line with what Jerry got on his research.  So, you being at $13,000 should be right in the ballpark.  Plus, what he said about the price is right on it....give it a few more days and if no bites at $13K, drop it a bit but maybe only a couple hundred bucks.  That way if somebody has been watching this sale, they see you didn't drop it a bunch and may be at your low point....some folks watch the pricing and see how much you reduce at a time.  This would show you don't want to go much lower and may get the right fish to bite.  Get as much as you can out of this beauty....great looking bike and good luck with it.

Howard

tweeter13

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 01:46:40 PM »

I am just north of Columbus up in Delaware,  if you have time tonight go up to Quaker steak and lube for their bike night.  And put a for sale sign on it you might get some hits there.  Had quite a bit of luck there selling bikes down there.  If not at least you might get a couple of leads. 

Todd
18 Monsterbrite led lights
Fullsac DX head pipe
Fullsac 2.25 baffles
TTS master-tune
George Anderson tourpac relocator

CVCVORG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE BLUE
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 08:32:17 PM »

Sold my last bike on Chopperexchange.com to guy who came 450 miles to buy it.

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 20 queries.