Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: paint scheme on 04 Electra Glide  (Read 8408 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: paint scheme on 04 Electra Glide
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2013, 01:53:59 PM »

The VIN may be SEEG but it's had a makeover.  Here's a side by side to help a little.  Just a quick glance shows the obvious difference in the tank.  Side covers are different too.  Can't see your fairing to see if had needed to be redone also.  Also can't really see your front wheel in the pic.  Is it the stock front wheel?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2013, 02:02:09 PM »

Here's an over and under.  Might be easier to see for comparison's sake.  Pic isn't definitive but looks like you've got a different front wheel too.  Solid wheel?  And though it's hard to tell from the pics because of the differences in perspective/angle I'm doubting the angle of the lines on the front fender is correct also. 

If it's a nice quality paint job (something only you tell in person) someone may have done a fair job at putting a damaged bike back together without having good template imagery to go by (or without caring and just wanting to do their own thing).  But it's not some special low production count unique factory paint.  The guy flat out lied to you on that.

cvoDoug

• Junior CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2004 CVO Electra Glide
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2013, 10:33:30 PM »

I knew the wheels were different. They are HD chromed solids. (stamped logo on them)  I need to try and get a picture at the same perspective as the one you supplied.  I'm still bewildered why someone would go through all the effort to mimic the original paint and put "Screamin' Eagle" rather than "Harley Davidson".  I need to find another BB one to see it in person.  It's bugging the  :soapbox: out of me now.  Not enough to keep from putting 350mi on it today though. LOL  Thanks everyone for all the help..I am trying to find the matching tour pack though.  I'd prefer a king but I wont be picky if anyone knows of one.......

ridefar

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2013, 04:44:45 PM »

The black does have purple flake in it deep down and will pop out in sunlight. Have had same bike since new, in some light the cobalt blue even looks purple. I am in Western NY if you want to look at mine for comparison, just don't ask for posted pictures. For that I would need some eleven year old kid for help! I hear you on why some one would screw with the paint job like that, but I have seen these bikes butchered up in many ways to make it "just right", at least in the owners mind.

cvoDoug

• Junior CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2013, 04:57:44 PM »

Yeah, I'm convinced it was a respray. I think I may reshoot it this winter if I can find someone to replicate the original job. But from the way it looks mother HD doesn't let anyone get the paint which is probably why it looks the way it does. There's no purple flake, it's purple. All the graphics look decent but I hate the way the purple looks. It's REALLY noticeable in the sun. I'm afraid to find out from the factory what they would charge for the respray. But I'll check that on Monday. Thanks for the info though and ride safe.

hogasm

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2013, 06:02:02 PM »

Magenta is in the formula which gives it its purple hue in the correct light

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2013, 08:01:43 PM »

I was out on my b/b today.    75k miles and it still runs great.   I'm glad I sill have it.  Are you gonna leave yours alone!!     Just ride the s"""" out of it.   :)

cvoDoug

• Junior CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2013, 08:23:50 PM »

I love the bike, I just like black more then purple.....I can deal with the paint for now but a ThunderHeader X and a better sound system will be done with the month..... :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2013, 08:28:04 PM »

I changed our my speakers in the fairing today.   I put Polk audio 6-1/2" in.   Can't believe how good they sound and no distortion. I've had a Hawg wired 120w amp in there for years. Really happy how it turned out.  :2vrolijk_21:

cvoDoug

• Junior CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2013, 09:05:25 AM »

I'm going to give Pete Jensen a call at Soundz Customz and have him hook me up with a system.  I spoke with him earlier in the week and he had some great advice for a system.  The one on my bike is weak as hell, so I can't wait to put the new one in.  I think I'm just going with the fairing speakers first.  He kind of shied me away from the lower fairing speakers because of the non-vented design.  Maybe I'll change them to the newer style if I decide to go with a respray.  There's a couple shops recommended on here so I may get a soft quote to see what my budget would be..  I'm sure it's not cheap but I know I'd be happier with the original over what I have now.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2013, 09:16:40 AM »

I got my stuff on my 12 sg from Pete.    Really good guy.  He loves arc audio amps and focal speakers    So get ready to drop some good coin with him.  If you are only doing the fairing speakers,,,shouldn't be too bad.     I really like these Polk speakers and I have a Hawg audio amp.   This stuff isn't too expensive and was plug n play.     Simple install.   I went all out on the new bike,, but I'm good with this on the 04.    Good luck. Stuart.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 24 queries.