Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Hawg Wired / Arc Audio  (Read 5109 times)

jcd520

Re: Hawg Wired / Arc Audio
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2013, 12:34:36 PM »

I used the krc165"s both lower fairings and upper(at petes recommendation). Did not hook up the factory Harley gauge hole tweeters but left them in place to take up the space. Did not do saddlebag speakers either. Also Pete advised me to use the 125/2 amp and if I ever expanded the system to use another one of them instead of the 125/4. He says it is cleaner that way and better sound.
I am very happy with my system  . It is a little of a pain to have the Automatic volume control off because you have to turn the volume up and down a lot in town but you can't run the AVC on with the Arc setup. Also my ipod tunes are apparently recorded at different sound levels because the volume is not consistent on all songs.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2013, 08:56:30 PM »

Where would you put another amp? ???

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2013, 11:45:40 PM »

I recommend the ARC / Focal setup.

I went with the J&M Rokkers in the fairing & lowers and the Rokker 500w amp in the fairing for a number of my own reasons that I'm sure you're not interested in (not being a smarta$$, just not trying to jack this thread).

The main reason that I recommended your ARC / Focal system is that I have had some IASCA quality multi-amp systems in some 4 wheel vehicles, where I could run 2 batteries, upgrade alternators, caps, etc... I selected a single amp system because of the stress that multi-amp systems will put on the charging/electrical system of the HD (I ride a lot and like to keep the bike drama to a minimum), and like you, space is a concern for me.

If you can't do it with 500 watts....
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2013, 08:54:50 PM »

The ARC/Focal as well as the HAT/ Biketronics stuff is real nice. I have the HAT 6.5" in my fairing and 2 sets of HAT 6x9's in my lids powered with the Biketronics BT4180 amp. I like it overall however I will be changing the HAT 6.5" to the Focal KRC 6.5". I'm happy with the BT4180 AMP and the 6X9's from HAT. Having had two bikes side by side I could hear the differences between the two as the Focal 6.5" are very clear sounding. I like the HAT 6x9's over the Focal's, more Bass IMO. No first hand experience with the Hawg Wired.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2013, 11:37:36 PM »

i have a Hawg Wired 120w plug n play amp in my 04 seeg,,   would anyone know why it cuts out when i turn the volume up some?  Does it even when I am cruising at speed  and the voltage is showing way up..i did put 6-1/2" speakers in the fairing and they are 4 ohms..I'm thinking the harness could have a problem maybe...  not sure what to do with it,, im thinking about something new in there,, the radio is stock,....    Radio Sound cvo :nixweiss:

VRODDAVE

• Senior CVO Member
  • Semper fi 73-77

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE ANV
    • CVO2: 2004 FLHTCSE - Crashed 7/31/2015. May she rest in pease
    • CVO3: 2003 VROD - sold
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2013, 01:06:35 AM »

When I have to do it again wouldnt spend another dime wit h hawgwired and would go focal / arc or rockford fosgate again.   

X2
2018 FLHTKSE ANV
Dominator prewired meathooks 10" (Nice, but shoulda got the 12's)
Dynojet Power Vision
GTS Radio upgrade
AG ATX-30-HD lithium battery
CoolFlow fan
Alloyboltz 12 point G8
INNOVV K2 X 2 DVR 4 Camera
AIM Clutch Slave

DrSpencer

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2013, 02:04:26 AM »

It is a little of a pain to have the Automatic volume control off because you have to turn the volume up and down a lot in town but you can't run the AVC on with the Arc setup.

I've never heard of this before. What's the issue using AVC with an Arc amp?
Thanks

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2013, 07:43:44 AM »

I have the arc amp,,, you need to keep the avc off. It get so loud that it will distort.    So better if you lower it yourself at a stop light. 
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 24 queries.