Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shark Evoline 3  (Read 4263 times)

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
Shark Evoline 3
« on: June 25, 2013, 11:47:42 AM »

For those that have used the Shark Evoline 3, I would like to hear some pros & cons. I am looking at the Evoline 3 for "The Ball & Chain" and myself, and installing the Cardo Scala Q3s instead of the Sharktooth.
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Shark Evoline 3
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 05:00:02 PM »

had mine about 3 years, hard to get in the states now. does its job very well. have an intercom system on mine and the wifey. Evoline is heavy, noisy and hot. Almost no vents or air movement. Also when I put the intercom speakers inside one of them touches my ear and can be painful after riding for a while. all that being said I would buy them again. Its the hat of choice when we can only choose one for long trips and all kinds of weather like the 10 days in the Rockies we just got back from. Rain, wind snow and 100+ degrees, it gives you options!

BigLew

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 01:39:30 AM »

'Ordered 2 Evoline 3s Hi-Vis yella & Cardo Q3 Teamset for "The Ball & Chain" and myself from Revzilla today!
Should be in next week, we'll keep y'all posted.
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

awalker14

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTUCSE Black/Crimson
    • CVO2: 19 BMW R1250 GSA
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 10:33:40 PM »

Sorry I'm coming in late with this post but I've got an Evoline Series 1 (bought in 08) and just purchased another Evoline Series 3 three months ago to use on a second bike.  The Evo 1 has been great with probably about 20K miles on it.  I had  J/M install their wired headset in it for use on my 06 FLHTCUSE and can't complain about anything other than the original fit being a bit small according to their measured size.  I removed the forehead pad behind the inner liner and have been happy since, but it did take a while to wear in.  The Evo 3 was purchased from Revzilla to use on my second bike using a Sena SMH10 bluetooth headset.  My only complaint again is the prescribed fit as I figured it would be the same as the Evo 1 but have found it to be quite a bit tighter.  Admittedly, I only have about 2,000 miles on it but its still tight after removing the same forehead pad.  They seem to have "improved" on the headliner making it thicker than the Evo 1 and I sure hope it wears in as I resisted going to an XL from the L size I had with the Evo 1.

It's a great helmet due to the versatility of wearing as closed face, open face, or either when it's hot or cold.  With both the Euro and US impact ratings, I'm somewhat confident it's as safe as any other, though I'm not sure the hinged chin guard would hold up as well as a full face single piece helmet in the event of a face plant.  I'm in Texas where the versatility of opening it at stoplights or gas stops helps cool things off, but I almost always wear it closed while riding. 

I'd recommend paying attention to the fit and comply with Revzilla's policy of returning it within 30 days with all labels attached if you think it doesn't or won't eventually fit.  I'm hoping mine will eventually "wear in" but I suspect the new liner is thicker and it may not.  If I get to the point of giving up, I will sell it and order another size larger (XL) as I enjoy the helmet for what it is.  Good luck with the choice.

06 Black/Candy Crimson FLHTCUSE; V&H TD's Ovals SE AC PCIII; SE Hyd Tens & Camplate Redshift 575's; Detach TP w/ Corbin Gunfighter; Zumo w/ 8gb SDHC (a lot of tunes)Clearview 8" Recurve; Minibeast II 128db Airhorn

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 02:24:21 PM »

We received our Evoline 3s from Revzilla a couple of days ago.

"The Ball & Chain" was comfortable with her Small fit, I had to exchange my L for an XL. I just hope that the XL will fit my fat head, the L was so small. I will try removing the forehead pad in the XL if I need to...

I guess that I didn't read the fine print on Revzilla's return policy as I thought that the return postage was on them, not me. Revzilla did send me a discounted shipping label though, and they did a retroactive price match on the Cardo Scala Q3 Teamset, saving me about $60. ;D

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 24 queries.