Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ocean Isle Beach, NC deck collapse  (Read 1556 times)

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
Ocean Isle Beach, NC deck collapse
« on: July 10, 2013, 08:49:47 AM »

Vacationing on the West End of OIB. Heard all kinds of sirens & commotion last night. A deck had collapsed on a house 1 blk down the street. Most places out here are condo's & duplexes. This was a single house and I was told that 18 people were taken to area hospitals with serious injury. Alcohol causes more that just wrecks! Hope everyone winds up OK. What a way to end a vacation.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
    • NC

Re: Ocean Isle Beach, NC deck collapse
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 09:15:48 AM »

Short update, injuries appear to be less serious than first reported.
Before:

After:

The house rented for a mere $2000 a night
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 11:36:24 AM »

::)
hope ya didn't get run over by any attorneys headed to the scene. :nixweiss:

• 5k CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 12:18:06 PM »

::)
hope ya didn't get run over by any attorneys headed to the scene. :nixweiss:
Saw on the news that they have to sign a release, so could not sue. I ain't a lawyer, but I'm smarter than that. I was a block away and think I might have whiplash.  :huepfenlol2:

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 07:31:03 PM »

:coolblue:
I live in sunset beach,  just down the road from Ocean isle.   That is one HUGE ocean front condo............Hopefully,  the owner has some major insurance for coverage........as this deal is ripe for some lawsuits. ::)

• 5k CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 11:37:47 PM »

:coolblue:
I live in sunset beach,  just down the road from Ocean isle.   That is one HUGE ocean front condo............Hopefully,  the owner has some major insurance for coverage........as this deal is ripe for some lawsuits. ::)
Put the pontoon in 2 times this week under the bridge at Sunset. Ramp is much less busy than OIB and just as nice. Thanks NC Wildlife  :huepfenjump3:

tweeter13

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 12:17:03 AM »

Was down at Hilton Head middle of June and something just like that came across the news down there as well.  I think it was a party for the basketball finals somewhere.  I don't think it was there though.  I think it was at a bar/restaurant type place.  And people landed in water I believe.  Wonder what happened with those people?  Wonder how they are doing now?  Hope this ain't some big hassle for them to get medical bills taken care of and getting proper care of. 

And same with these people as well.   

18 Monsterbrite led lights
Fullsac DX head pipe
Fullsac 2.25 baffles
TTS master-tune
George Anderson tourpac relocator

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 08:17:24 AM »

:cherry:
2k....

I live less than a mile from that launch point at Sunset Beach,  I'd appreciate it if you could bring those "pontoons" by the house as the windows on my truck need some serious cleaning. :P

hogasm

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 08:38:15 AM »

County is now saying that the deck could have been damaged by storms.......mkes the building inspections dept look bad......they must be going after someone in that dept.

Here in Dare Co, after a storm, every house that is believed to have been damaged is inspected and either given the OK or is condemned till repairs are completed. They don't play with peoples safety here. Dare Co does not like negative publicity

• 5k CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 09:31:41 AM »

County is now saying that the deck could have been damaged by storms.......mkes the building inspections dept look bad......they must be going after someone in that dept.

Here in Dare Co, after a storm, every house that is believed to have been damaged is inspected and either given the OK or is condemned till repairs are completed. They don't play with peoples safety here. Dare Co does not like negative publicity
You are probably spot on Brian. Good chance to get rid of a bum that otherwise can't be pried off the Govt. dole. Why else would the County point the finger at themselves. BTW, the tires I got from you in MV lasted 11K. Thanks

hogasm

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 01:48:01 PM »

You are probably spot on Brian. Good chance to get rid of a bum that otherwise can't be pried off the Govt. dole. Why else would the County point the finger at themselves. BTW, the tires I got from you in MV lasted 11K. Thanks

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 24 queries.