Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: Homemade air ride  (Read 57095 times)

GeogiaCVOrider

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012 CVO Ultra Classic
Re: Homemade air ride
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2013, 01:26:35 PM »

I will. I'm going to put the one inline that came with the shocks. After riding on them through the winter I will most likely be more comfident with them and probably not change them out.
Georgia CVO Rider
Ride it until the wheels fall off, then hang-on

jr1000yarder

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary #61
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2013, 08:22:49 AM »

If it is set up properly with the correct lowering kit your tire should not contact your fender at all.   You are too low in the event of a total air loss at that is NOT a safe way to have it set up. ..

2013 FLTRXSE2
Andrews 57H, .030 Cometic head gasket, 10:1 compression, TTS tuner, Covington Destroyer Pipe, HPI TB, F & R instant air ride, 12pt stainless bolts, SBD bags, fender, Custom Steel stretched tank and side covers, FBI Drop seat, Custom seat by Voss, 30" Chrome Instigator w/18" rotor, Misfit short neck kit, Ness Hot Legs, HHI 6 piston caliper, B-cool one off aluminum fender. Lots of custom audio stuff, and a lot I forgot!

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2013, 08:24:23 AM »

If your tire is hitting your fender when the air is dumped you didn't set the bike up correctly in my opinion. I am of the opinion the suspension should be set up so in the case of a total air loss you can still ride home. If you have a lowering kit remove it, if the shocks go to low change them to the VW's. Just saying.

This is my bike aired down, doesn't hit and can be ridden like this if need be.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

jr1000yarder

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary #61
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2013, 08:28:46 AM »

Great thread, thanks for the info. I only have CVO bags but I find the stock HD adj rear shocks too stiff I only weigh 160. Even with my wife on we only weigh 280! I'm guessing this homemade air with monroes would ride much better and as a bonus allow me to back the bike up a lot easier since I am only 5'6" tall!

single and combined weight we are the same!!!!  I got you a little on height. .... Monroes are awesome and yes to be able to dump air for parking lot maneuvering is PRICELESS!!!!  I have had ALL the air shocks they make and the$60 Monroe shocks are worth the price of new legend's!!!!!   Just my .02

Rich
2013 FLTRXSE2
Andrews 57H, .030 Cometic head gasket, 10:1 compression, TTS tuner, Covington Destroyer Pipe, HPI TB, F & R instant air ride, 12pt stainless bolts, SBD bags, fender, Custom Steel stretched tank and side covers, FBI Drop seat, Custom seat by Voss, 30" Chrome Instigator w/18" rotor, Misfit short neck kit, Ness Hot Legs, HHI 6 piston caliper, B-cool one off aluminum fender. Lots of custom audio stuff, and a lot I forgot!

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member
  • I used to be a KRYPTO.. Now I'm 1 OF 1

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2013, 07:54:46 AM »

If your tire is hitting your fender when the air is dumped you didn't set the bike up correctly in my opinion. I am of the opinion the suspension should be set up so in the case of a total air loss you can still ride home. If you have a lowering kit remove it, if the shocks go to low change them to the VW's. Just saying.

This is my bike aired down, doesn't hit and can be ridden like this if need be.
can this be FIXED ??? LOL... Me ... I jus back up to a curb and it makes it look lower ... or that what Mike said ..

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2013, 04:05:32 PM »

can this be FIXED ??? LOL... Me ... I jus back up to a curb and it makes it look lower ... or that what Mike said ..

LOL, you have air ride and a center stand and your parked on Main Street Daytona aired up and on the kick stand! Doh.....  ;) :huepfenlol2:
2023 CVO Road Glide

GeogiaCVOrider

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012 CVO Ultra Classic
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2013, 04:07:06 PM »

I completed mine last Thursday. I took the lowering kit off and just used the air shocks. I can still roll with it all the way down. It is a lot smoother ride on bumpy roads. On smooth roads it felt the same as stock.
I do actually love it now that I'm done. I was worried the entire time I was doing the work "what if I don't like it". My friends have all can over to see it over the weekend and they all want it now. I have the gauge, remote, and the bag lock switch on mine. It all works great.
Georgia CVO Rider

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2013, 04:12:19 PM »

That is good to hear it worked out for you.  :2vrolijk_21:

2023 CVO Road Glide

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2013, 05:12:00 PM »

Rich don't forget to hit me up via text!  :coolblue:

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

hogasm

« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2013, 05:51:57 PM »

LOL, you have air ride and a center stand and your parked on Main Street Daytona aired up and on the kick stand! Doh.....  ;) :huepfenlol2:

There is a kickstand in that picture :nixweiss:

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2013, 08:41:35 AM »

Hey Puzzled what are you guys using for a center stand? Does it work ok, where to get it? does it drag? When I air mine down to park it doesn't want to lean at all. Maybe because I have a 21" front on it.

BigLew

GeogiaCVOrider

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012 CVO Ultra Classic
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2013, 12:51:07 PM »

Went on a long ride this weekend with the new shocks. It rode amazinly smooth. Here's a picture of it all the way down. The bike still leans very well to the side.
Georgia CVO Rider

GeogiaCVOrider

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012 CVO Ultra Classic
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2013, 12:55:52 PM »

Here's another picture of it. The back exhaust end is so close when it sets, my shoe can't go between the ground and the bottom of the exhaust at the very back. I love it. We are painting a bike right now and he wants this system on his bike before we put the parts back on.
Georgia CVO Rider

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2013, 02:32:38 PM »

Maybe I need one of the early kick stand plates like was on my 07 SERK. That would make my bike lean over more!

BigLew

RAZ

• 2000 FLTRSE1
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2014, 01:29:24 PM »

Puzzled I have a 2000 FLTRSE1 you said could not run the monroe 785's on you 2001. Do you think the Gabriels 49304 would work with the 1/4 inch more clearance. I have the 785's already but have not put them on. Just ran across this thread.
Thanks Steve
2000 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD GLIDE
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.