Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where can I get 2007 CVO Parts?  (Read 2376 times)

harleytimes

Where can I get 2007 CVO Parts?
« on: July 25, 2013, 12:28:47 PM »

Greetings, I dropped my 2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King doing about 45mph in a construction zone.  Tore up the saddle bags, mirrors, directionals, levers, headlight, running boards, engine guard and the gas tank.  I was able to walk away due to the protective gear I wear…and a whole bunch of luck!  Any suggestions as to how to price and find original parts?  I am guessing the insurance company will have as much trouble as me in finding accurate pricing let alone finding the parts.  Been told that Harley Davidson is notoriously slow in getting the painted CVO parts (gas tank and front fender) made and shipped so also looking for a custom painter who I have heard recommended on this site before.   Appreciate the input. 
Kevin

2007 Screaming Eagle Road King
Mustang black studded smooth touring seat

It's a lot of work to have fun!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Where can I get 2007 CVO Parts?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 12:37:10 PM »

If you want to get OEM painted parts for your bike then the only place to get them is from a dealer. If you want to buy primed (unpainted) parts and have a painter, paint them to OEM colors you may want to check out this thread - Custom Paint (and others from that vendor) in our Vendor Discount board.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 03:05:32 PM »

Imho, just bring it to a dealer. Harley isn't into the used parts business, so you should end up with all new CVO parts.  Why mess with it?
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 03:28:14 PM »

Greetings, I dropped my 2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King doing about 45mph in a construction zone.  Tore up the saddle bags, mirrors, directionals, levers, headlight, running boards, engine guard and the gas tank.  I was able to walk away due to the protective gear I wear…and a whole bunch of luck!  Any suggestions as to how to price and find original parts?  I am guessing the insurance company will have as much trouble as me in finding accurate pricing let alone finding the parts.  Been told that Harley Davidson is notoriously slow in getting the painted CVO parts (gas tank and front fender) made and shipped so also looking for a custom painter who I have heard recommended on this site before.   Appreciate the input. 

I assume your insurance company will be working with a dealership or an independent shop, so I'm not sure why you want to get in the middle of that process when it comes to finding and purchasing parts.  Many of the parts aren't exclusive at all, but either standard RK parts or perhaps parts from the accessory catalog in come cases.  The parts that will be the hardest to get will be the painted parts like the tank and bags, and the only source for new ones is the H-D dealership.

Anyhow, if you really want to dig up all the part numbers yourself you can do so either by getting your hands on the H-D Parts Catalog for the 2007 SERK (P/N 99433-07), or use this online catalog to look them up. 

http://www.shopronniesharleydavidson.com/OEMpartfinder.htm

You will need to click on the "Motorcycle" link at the left lower portion of the first page, then choose a model year, then choose your model.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 06:47:46 PM »

If you have a parts book for your bike, you can look up the parts you require by part number - you'll find pricing readily available.  Painted parts for your bike typically take 10 to 12 weeks to arrive.  I think you'll find everything you need is available (not obsolete).  My experience with good custom painters is generally everything takes longer than anticipated.   :nixweiss:

Glad you walked away from your crash!   :2vrolijk_21:  Good luck...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

captainron62

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 11:25:21 AM »

Paint by Gene, aka bigfatys.com is who you need for the paint work.  He painted my 07 SERK saddlebags and was dead on, perfect job!  good luck!  Everything else should still be easily sourced thru HD Dealer.

Page created in 0.229 seconds with 24 queries.