Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Traxxion Dynamics, Progressive Monotubes, Ricor Intiminators, Race Tech or?  (Read 3114 times)

INDEPENDENT_1

• Superior Performance
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • independentmcshop.com
    • independentmcshop.com

I've been researching some of the older posts trying to make the decision on which way to go with my own personal bike. It is not SE bike but is on a much higher level than a non SE bike and it seems like more of you guys are doing supension upgrades than the no SE bikes. I dont know why that is and I have my ideas but I wont go into to that now. Thats another thread. I have a 2012 Road Glide Custom that I have improved in every way except for braking and suspension and I think I am ready to do that now. My bike has a S&S T124" with S&S 66mm Throttle Hog. I will likely do head work this winter to finish the engine out. I think the heads getting done and bumping compression is the only thing needed to these motors. The crank is already welded by S&S before I took delivery. I have also installed Glide-Pro engine stabilizing system. I am on the fence about which font suspension and rear for that matter to go with. The Monotubes get great reviews but I have already changed the factory fork oil out and replaced it with SE oil and I feel like that alone was a big improvement to the suspension. The thing I see the Monotubes do most is stop the dreadful front end dive. I really dont have that problem anymore since I changed the fork oil to the heavier oil. I just want to upgrade the suspension to match the upgrade Ive done for power. I do ride 2 up occasionally and she has crippling arthritis and I think this suspension upgrade might make the ride more comfortable for her as well. The more confidence she has in cornering etc the more she will be able to relax and just dampening the bumps in the road will help keep her form getting beat up so much. The Traxxion Dynamics appears that it might do more than just stop front end dive and the Monotubes may not impress me as much as many others that are using them but I say that based on the fact that my front end dive is not really a problem anymore so maybe they wouldnt have the wow factor for me that others experience since they had never ran a heavier weight oil prior to installing the Monotubes or maybe they would have a substantial increase in performance over just changing the oil? As for the Ricors and the Race Tech stuff, there seems to be less on the web about how those perform. I dont mind paying the highly priced Traxxion Dynamics if they really are a lot better than the others but I am not much of a guy that changes things after I get them where I like them. I own and operate a dyno for a living and Im not a guy that changes maps for the engine and I don't see myself changing the settings for the suspension either. I hate having to change the shock air pressure because the OL is going or rode with me last time and now I need to remove air etc. Again, I just want the best suspension to match the power upgrade I have already made. Another thing is that Id like to keep the stock ride height or very close to it. The new 944 Progressive shocks allow the rider to keep the stock height and also give an extra inch of travel over the stock shocks do they have the ride characteristics of the 13" shocks. If I went with Ohlins, Bitubo, or even the newer emulsion type shock from Harley that comes on late model SE bikes I dont know that they would have this feature. Anyone else know? I can buid a motor and tune with the best of them but I am trying to improve my knowledge of suspensions and since there seems to be more of the SE crowd doing suspension upgrades I thought I'd ask a few questions here. Thanks ahead of time for your input!
Specializing in American V-Twin and Authorized Factory Pro 4 Gas Dyno Tuning!

independentmcshop.com

smkblwr

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2018 RGU
    • CVO2: 2018 FreeWheeler
    • CVO3: 2007 VRSCX Vrod #328

Traxxion here front and rear. I haven't adjusted the AK's in the front forks from where they set them from install. I stiffen'd up the Bitubo's for a comfortable ride with the wife "which is not a long distance rider" and a good solo feel for riding hard. I did adjust them for just me on the weekend I went to the dragon. Spent more time getting the bags off and on than I did adjusting the shocks in the motel parking lot.
2018 RGU.
2018 FreeWheeler "Wifes"
2007 V&H PRO Stock Tribute #328 VRod
IBA Member 45500

100GOLD

• CVO1: 03 SERK

I went progressive front and rear. I'm very pleased. Great results for the money spent.

bandit

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3, TP, Saddleman Explorer

FRONT: Went with Ricor first, now running the Monotubes -- big improvement front end diving & bumps  :2vrolijk_21:
REAR: changed to OHLINS -- together with Monotubes  :2vrolijk_21:

and for my (parttime)BSR: added the airhawk-pillow. She is happy, I'm happy  ;D
It is not that we have less time, it is much time that we use wrong.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?

If you haven't read this thread ,you might want to consider this setup and call Jim to pick his brain....He seems to really know his stuff!

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=76154.0

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 24 queries.