Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: D&D Fat Cat Quiet Baffle  (Read 3207 times)

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
D&D Fat Cat Quiet Baffle
« on: October 23, 2006, 01:56:57 PM »

Sometimes I'm amazed at my luck, but after installing a Fat Cat last week purchased through AMS, I find it a little loud at cruising speeds. I figured if it was too loud, I could just install the quiet baffle. So today I called AMS to see if the quiet bafflle was available yet, and the info I got was that you can't change the baffle cause it's welded in. You have to change the whole muffler ($395) whereas if you order it that way, it's only a $40 upcharge. The bolt you see that looks like it would hold the baffle in is just there to hold it while the welding is done. It's my fault for not asking more questions, but I just wanted to post this for anyone buying a FC. To further my bad luck , the shop (indy that's RT certified ) that did my dyno tune totally fubared it up. Bike runs like chit, idles at 850, and my mileage went from an average of 38 to 30. They said to bring it back, and I am, but if they screwed it up that much to start, I not real confident they can improve it much.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 02:18:47 PM by GC_Super »
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
Re: D&D Fat Cat Quiet Baffle
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 07:39:24 PM »

GC-
Thanks for the heads up on the FatCat baffles.  You might give Ebay a try at selling your muffler.   And maybe someone would have the quiet baffled muffler and want more noise.  Give the Indy one more shot before finding someone else.  I know it can be pretty discouraging at times.  Sometimes you wonder if it's worth the hassle.  Good luck and let us know how it works out.

txbear55

• Full CVO Member
  • IBA
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 11:18:57 PM »

GC    Sorry to hear that.   What shop did you go to?  Others would probably like to avoid it!  Hopefully they can correct the bad tune.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 12:39:39 AM »

GC

Is this quiet baffle something that came out for the 06's. When I got my FatCats You had to tell them you wanted the performance baffles and I believe they were around $40. I was glad I listened to Harry and Bary. Thanks guys.

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 06:41:26 AM »

GC

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 06:44:56 AM »

GC

Is this quiet baffle something that came out for the 06's. When I got my FatCats You had to tell them you wanted the performance baffles and I believe they were around $40. I was glad I listened to Harry and Bary. Thanks guys.

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

JR, the quiet baffle is just now becoming available. They previously had the performance (loud ) and the standard ( kinda loud ) and now are starting to produce a quiet baffle.  The reason you had to tell them upfront which baffle you wanted was due to the welding. Wish I had thought about that sooner.

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 06:49:34 AM »

GC-
Thanks for the heads up on the FatCat baffles.

CLKKELLEY

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 10:13:51 AM »

Since I was the one that originally posted about the D & D Quiet baffle, which is now installed (yesterday) on my JESTER, and on the Dyno with Dyno Dan this AFTERNOON!!  I will post with a report on here soon!!  The weather is COLD here in Omaha!

GC, Steve from AMS called me after you called him, and FOR THE FIRST TIME told me that the baffles were a WELD-IN pice that could not be swapped out!!  

So I apologize if my previous posts letting everyone know about the new D & D baffle might have given some indication that for $40 you could change baffles more easily.  Steve did inform me that you have to change out the mufflers, but then also went on to say that you should have no problem selling the muffs with the regular baffles!

The Service Manager at my dealer said they sounded good inside, but he wanted to get them out on the Road after the SERT tune-in on the Dyno before he gave me a full review!  

PROUD TO BE A NEW MEMBER OF THE CVO FAMILY!!  HE WHO DIES WITH THE MOST TOYS IS TILL DEAD!!

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 11:23:16 AM »

Since I was the one that originally posted about the D & D Quiet baffle, which is now installed (yesterday) on my JESTER, and on the Dyno with Dyno Dan this AFTERNOON!!

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 24 queries.