Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dobeck Performance FI Tuners et al.  (Read 1058 times)

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
Dobeck Performance FI Tuners et al.
« on: October 25, 2006, 09:15:14 AM »

After reading many of the posts on this great site, I opted to avoid the SERT.  I put a set of SE mufflerss from two years ago on my 2007 SERK.  It popped a lot.  I added the SE filter yesterday as well (updated "Roll your own thread").
I installed the Dobeck performance (www.dobeckperformance.com) EFI tuner which is also marketed by Ness, Revtexch, and Kuryaky Wild Things.  It acks like jetting does with carbs.  If you look at the bio of Dobeck, he basically invented the dyno, dyno tuning, the Dynojet corp and many others.  His products are available for boats, quads, etc.
The new version 3, is for 2007 HD.  You have to unplug the two injectors and plug into the new harness as well as the two o2 sensors (new for 2007).  The only way to get at the injectors is to disconnect the fuel line, remove the console, and unbolt the rear tank bolt and let it pivot up.  Watch the front of the tank and pad it to avoid hitting steerind, etc.  It took more than the hour noted to neatly wrap and tie the harness into oblivion.
There are presets for 96in 2007, but none for the 110in.  I called support and they gave me some new settings.  Knowing what each mode is for and then riding will allow for tweaking.  One mode fixes the decel popping and that's what I needed.  Unfortunately the tiny unit is under the seat if you need to make changes.  It was cold and dark last night so I did not get to do much riding /tweaking.  I'll update this as it goes.  The tech support, Matt and George are great.  I told them about this site.  
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Dobeck Performance FI Tuners et al.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 09:56:07 AM »

Skrem,

I used the Dobeck module on my 05 stock ultra and really liked it. I tried to switch to the Zipper ECM in Myrtle beach last year and had some challenges with the unit while I was in Tennessee. I reinstalled my stock ECM, called Dobeck Tech support and he asked me a few questions about what setup I had (pipes, AF, Muuflers), gave me a setting for each dial, I didi it and it worked perfectly. I have had nothing but good things from these guys.

BK

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Dobeck Performance FI Tuners et al.
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 01:51:48 PM »

If you are active Duty Military they give you a great discount [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 24 queries.