Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Author Topic: Any proud owners want to share pics/reviews?  (Read 56831 times)

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
Re: Any proud owners want to share pics/reviews?
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2013, 08:58:47 PM »

Thanks for more pics of the red bike.  

Upon closer inspection it looks like the inner fairing of the red bike is painted the lighter red and matches
the top of the tank. :2vrolijk_21: I wonder why Harley decided to paint the inner fairing of the blue bike
the darker blue that doesn't match the tank and IMO does not look as good as if they had painted it the
lighter blue. :nixweiss: Anyone have an answer??? IMO paint scheme should be the same on both bikes
just different colors.

I agree 100%... I too believe the blue inner fairing should be the same as the top of the tank like the others.

I personally also believe the MoCo made a mistake is painting the lowers on the '08 Duracells copper, which is unlike any others from any year!  They always make the lowers match the lower section of the tanks as they should be, but for some reason with the Duracells they did it differently.

So, shortly after purchasing my bike, over the winter (Jan 09) it made mine right, IMO.
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2013, 09:10:36 PM »

I agree 100%... I too believe the blue inner fairing should be the same as the top of the tank like the others.

I personally also believe the MoCo made a mistake is painting the lowers on the '08 Duracells copper, which is unlike any others from any year!  They always make the lowers match the lower section of the tanks as they should be, but for some reason with the Duracells they did it differently.

So, shortly after purchasing my bike, over the winter (Jan 09) it made mine right, IMO.
You did the right thing by painting them black. It now fits the paint on the rest of the bike. :2vrolijk_21:

Why can't Harley paint designers see this?

They just need to hire me as a paint designer and we could get this right! ;D

Kingspoke

• 2012 CVO Ultra FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust
  • Senior CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUSE - Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
    • CA

• CVO1: 12 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2013, 11:52:02 PM »

Astute observation! I hadn't realized that, but it's right on! :2vrolijk_21:  By the way I love my Stardus Silver lowers, thanks Moco! :)

Dragula 2-1, TTS Mastertune, SE 585+4, S&S prem. lifters & adj pushrods, 106hp/117tq, Chubby 577's, Ohlins HD159 & FKC-101 fork cartridge, LSR stealth 10" dark tint, Billet Boy LED tail lite, Kury LED turn signals, Air Wing tour rack LED, HD Siren II w/pager, CD LED front signals, OPT7 LED driving & headlight, Kicker KSC674 tourpack speakers.

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2013, 07:57:10 AM »

Astute observation! I hadn't realized that, but it's right on! :2vrolijk_21:  By the way I love my Stardus Silver lowers, thanks Moco! :)

Yep, no doubt about it Kingspoke... That's a beautiful bike you have and the lowers look great (and correctly done) in silver, can you imagine what they would look like in blue?  Like I mentioned, I believe all other bikes are painted correctly, except the Duracells for some strange reason.  :nixweiss:  Then again, that is just my humble opinion.

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2013, 08:02:01 AM »

Yep, chrome would be great too but the HD website indicates the 2014 CVO Limited comes with color matched wraparound LED taillights. I copied this right off the website....      

Color-matched Wraparound LED Running and Brake Taillight

The back end of the CVO™ Limited model demonstrates once again the premium style and innovative engineering you'll find with the Custom Vehicle Operations™ at Harley-Davidson®. The taillight features an integrated color-matched wraparound brake light for a clean look. And with the LEDs, you get additional style, increased visual footprint at night and long-lasting light.

... And that is one more reason why I think the MoCo rushed to give us more with the 2014's and ran out of time to complete a few things.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 08:08:08 AM by Grizzly »

CVO Aqua-Glider

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 FLHTKSE

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2013, 09:22:34 AM »

Makes you wonder who or what is incorrect?  The website also says the AC should be the Ventilator, but they show both types of intakes. Is the website wrong or where the bikes improperly fitted?  Seems like a huge disconnect between different departments at Moco.  I wonder what the dealer would say if someone took their bike back and asked for the color-matched lighting like shown on the website?

Untitled by oneboltzfan, on Flickr
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue/Wicked Sapphire

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2013, 09:29:42 AM »

I think they should be able to take it back to the dealer and demand a color matched one since
it is "in print" that way on the website.

Now someone hurry and print that off before the MoCo changes the website!!!

CVO Aqua-Glider

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 FLHTKSE

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2013, 09:40:49 AM »

I think they should be able to take it back to the dealer and demand a color matched one since
it is "in print" that way on the website.

Now someone hurry and print that off before the MoCo changes the website!!!

LOL, just did.  I'm starting to think maybe I do like the color-matched look.  Maybe I'll visit the dealer???

Untitled by oneboltzfan, on Flickr
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue/Wicked Sapphire

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2013, 10:28:32 AM »

... And that is one more reason why I think the MoCo rushed to give us more with the 2014's and ran out of time to complete a few things.
That's what they did in 2007 :huepfenlol2:

Yzernie

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLTRUSE that had the engine blow up twice.
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2013, 12:24:32 PM »

Yep, chrome would be great too but the HD website indicates the 2014 CVO Limited comes with color matched wraparound LED taillights. I copied this right off the website....     

Color-matched Wraparound LED Running and Brake Taillight

The back end of the CVO™ Limited model demonstrates once again the premium style and innovative engineering you'll find with the Custom Vehicle Operations™ at Harley-Davidson®. The taillight features an integrated color-matched wraparound brake light for a clean look. And with the LEDs, you get additional style, increased visual footprint at night and long-lasting light.

I missed this on the website.....I'll be heading to the dealer soon!!!!
"The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it" - Unknown

shelby500

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2013, 12:57:58 PM »

If you read the fine print it tells you it my differ and to see your dealer!

tpcrawford

• Tim
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE CVO Limited
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2013, 01:41:16 PM »

Ask and you shall receive....

1200 miles so far and it has a lot of goodies on it.  It will take my non-cyber mind a while to learn all of the things that come with the info center but man, it does all kinds of stuff  Ride and motor are prototypical HD (not that it is bad) and coming from a built up 103 the power on the 110 has surprised me.  Having never ridden a 110, I guess I didn't expect all of the power to be at lower rpm and have found that I do not like the 255 cams and all of the power being delivered below 3500rpm.  Gonna change the cams soon.  

Even with the cat, the heat coming off the bike does not seem close to my RGU 103.  I wanted to get rid of the cat anyway and I put the V&H Power Duals with Rinehart 4" mufflers.  That reduced the heat even more.  Once I get the S&S 570 cams installed and the thing tuned with the SEPST that should reduce the heat even more and make it run much better.

Nice ride !!!  Great Choice !

-Tim
2014 FLHTKSE CVO Ultra Limited, Stardust Silver, Autumn Sunset
2010 FLHTK Ultra Limited, Flame Blue, Vivid Black  --  SOLD
2007 VRSCAW VROD, Black Cherry Pearl  -- SOLD

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2013, 02:07:04 PM »

LOL, just did.  I'm starting to think maybe I do like the color-matched look.  Maybe I'll visit the dealer???

... and possibly they will paint-to-match your "mail slot" at the same time, as it should have been (IMHO), on such an expensive bike!   :2vrolijk_21:

Doesn't hurt to ask.  :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 05:18:43 PM by Grizzly »

Cerdo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2013, 09:00:46 PM »

Overall the bike is awesome. It appears that the heat is a lot less on the rider now; however, here in Ohio it has not been hot in a long time to get a real test. Only have 180 miles on her and all appears to be great. I did a 100 MPH blast the other day and the bike fees more stable and planted to the ground than the  13-FLHTCUSE-8 I traded in. Wind turbulence appears to be great for the driver; however, my wife is complaining that she has more wind buffeting now. I did notice the new daymaker headlight does not have enough side light when in the twisties. Without the driving lights and / or with the high beam on you loose all of your side light when in corners. The light projects a very wide flat beam and it cuts off the sides of the road  when tipping into corners, I took the bike back to the dealer and they charged me $50 to reprogram the ECM to allow the driving lights to stay on with the high beams. This fixed the problem and I see great now. My only complaint is the radio.  I'm having an issue where we do not have enough volume to hear (Radio, CB, Intercom) in our helmets clearly at Highway speed. On the old bike, we had plenty of volume and some to spare to hear each other clearly in our headset's at any speed. Dealer claims this is normal and looking into the issue with the MOCO.

I tried to add pictures here and I kept getting an error message. Will try again.
Andy

CVOgliderider

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Ultra
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2013, 09:58:52 PM »

Other than the Fullsac 2" Power Cores, no mods.   May stay that way for a while :)

Tim,
How do you like the 2" Power Cores on your bike? I am kicking around the idea of going that route myself.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 26 queries.