Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Upgrades to ol Betsy  (Read 6096 times)

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Betsy
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE6 Orange Crush
    • CVO3: 1947 Indian Chief Nanner Puddin HBRR Fastest Side Valve
Upgrades to ol Betsy
« on: September 23, 2013, 09:41:11 PM »

I got the itch to buy a new bike and went by HD of WV to look at a 2012 CVO Street Glide they had. I think it's the same bike that a guy in California bought the next day and posted on here looking to have it shipped home.  I also looked at the new 2014 Street Glides and kinda liked the daytona blue color, but didn't like the unpainted, cheap looking dash. Set up a test ride for Friday at New River Gorge HD, which is a little closer to home and owned by the same owner, thanks Dennis and David. I rode a Street Glide Limited in the mysterious red and while it was OK, it really didn't seem to fit me very well. The seat position seemed like I sat more on top of the bike, than down in it like ol Betsy. I have not gotten that feeling riding Otis and Kenny's 2012 Ultras even though the frames are the same. Certainly didn't like it enough to retire Betsy.

So I broke down and spent a little money on her. Got new floorboards, pegs, brake pedal etc to go along with a new Mustang seat and Metzler ME 880 tires. The seat really increased the a$$ comfort factor. Before with the stock seat, or the Road King Custom seat I have, I was ready to get off and stretch after 60 miles or so. With the Mustang I feel I could empty the tank if I wanted.

Been thinking of changing out the exhaust from Rinehart duals to a 2 into 1. Like the tone of the fatcats but looking for other suggestions.

Regards
Shrader
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 10:34:01 PM by SHRADER »
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ
2004 SEEG  Huckleberry- 113 HP/115 TQ

Charter Member and National Vice President Hillbilly Rocket Riders
Charter Member and National President CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Upgrades to ol Betsy
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 09:59:09 PM »

Glad you're keeping Ol'Betsy.  Talk with Pete about the 2 into 1...that's what he's running on his pumpkin (I think).  That Mustang seat will be comfortable from day one, doesn't require break in time like a corbin.  Post some pics.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 10:26:46 PM »

I got the itch to buy a new bike and went by HD of WV to look at a 2012 CVO Street Glide they had. I think it's the same bike that a guy in California bought the next day and posted on here looking to have it shipped home.  I also looked at the new 2014 Street Glides and kinda liked the daytona blue color, but didn't like the unpainted, cheap looking dash. Set up a test ride for Friday at New River Gorge HD, which is a little closer to home and owned by the same owner, thanks Dennis and David. I rode a Street Glide Limited in the mysterious red and while it was OK, it really didn't seem to fit me very well. The seat position seemed like I sat more on top of the bike, than down in it like ol Betsy. I have not gotten that feeling riding Otis and Kenny's 2012 Ultras even though the frames are the same. Certainly didn't like it enough to retire Betsy.

So I broke down and spent a little money on her. Got new floorboards, pegs, brake pedal etc to go along with a new Mustang seat and Metzler ME 880 tires. The seat really increased the a$$ comfort factor. Before with the stock seat, or the Road King Custom seat I have, I was ready to get off and stretch after 60 miles or so. With the Mustang I feel I could empty the tank if I wanted.

Been thinking of changing out the exhaust from Rinehart duals to a 2 into. Like the tone of the fatcats but looking for other suggestions.

Regards
Shrader
Which Mustang seat did you choose?

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 10:33:19 PM »

It's the vintage no studs solo with a small pad. Miss Susan has her own bike and don't ride with me much anymore so I got the smallest pad for looks.

I really like it so far. Rode about 60 miles on the first leg of a ride yesterday and thought, "you know your arse ain't hurting yet, feels just as good as when you first took off". Can't ask for more than that.
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ

National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

ridefar

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 12:08:11 PM »

Good to hear that 'ol Betsey is staying around. Every time I get the bug for a new one, I do something like you did and the itch goes away. Good riding to you!

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 11:39:40 AM »

Picture of seat

Zen Master of Pondering

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 11:40:30 AM »

Another

Zen Master of Pondering

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 12:13:35 PM »

yeah, Shrader, that looks like the ole tried & true Mustang that is comfy and you'll ride forever.  :) har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 05:40:14 PM »

Doin real good so far Spider.
With the suspension, tires and seat upgrade, the old girl rides really nice and fits me better than them newfangled pieces. By the by I wasn't ever gonna get rid of her, just thought about puttin her in retirement. Guess now when her heart gets tired, and there is no sign of that yet, I'll put a 124 in her and keep on going.

Regards
Shrader

Zen Master of Pondering

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 06:01:32 PM »

Doin real good so far Spider.
With the suspension, tires and seat upgrade, the old girl rides really nice and fits me better than them newfangled pieces. By the by I wasn't ever gonna get rid of her, just thought about puttin her in retirement. Guess now when her heart gets tired, and there is no sign of that yet, I'll put a 124 in her and keep on going.

Regards
Shrader
Whew... :nervous:...had me kinda worried there for a bit.  har.  :drink: spyder

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 07:54:24 PM »

Shrader, if you're considering a 2:1, I highly recommend the D&D Fatcats.  I've had mine for six years and they're still going strong.  As a matter of fact, I've gotten so bored that I'm going to put on the ghost pipe to change the look a little, but I wouldn't buy any other pipe.  Excellent performance and top quality IMHO.
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 08:02:01 PM »

Shrader, if you're considering a 2:1, I highly recommend the D&D Fatcats.  I've had mine for six years and they're still going strong.  As a matter of fact, I've gotten so bored that I'm going to put on the ghost pipe to change the look a little, but I wouldn't buy any other pipe.  Excellent performance and top quality IMHO.
YEA !!!! 

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 08:21:33 PM »

Thanks for the endorsement Pete. Last year at MV I noticed that you, Hogasm, Porthole and several others had fatcats. Randy and Kenny had just gotten their new 110s with fatcats and the sound hadn't grown on me enough at that point to really like em. Now I do and am thinking about changing. Which baffles/muffler you running?

Please advise
Shrader

Zen Master of Pondering

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2013, 08:32:21 PM »

Thanks for the endorsement Pete. Last year at MV I noticed that you, Hogasm, Porthole and several others had fatcats. Randy and Kenny had just gotten their new 110s with fatcats and the sound hadn't grown on me enough at that point to really like em. Now I do and am thinking about changing. Which baffles/muffler you running?

Please advise
Shrader

I'm running the performance baffle, it's loud but that's the way I like it!  It also produced the best hp and torque for my build.
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2013, 08:53:02 PM »

Randy and Kenny have the quiet baffles. I think The_Kid Derek has the performance baffle like you. It is Loud.

Regards
Shrader

Zen Master of Pondering
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 20 queries.