Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: 2013 SEUC quick disconnect tour pack  (Read 9498 times)

Lars

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's not the destination, "IT'S THE RIDE"

• CVO1: 2013 SEUC8
    • CVO2: 1983 Shovelhead "Ole Black Betty"
2013 SEUC quick disconnect tour pack
« on: September 28, 2013, 07:16:42 PM »

I have a 2013 SEUC that I want to add the quick disconnect mod to the tour pack. I also am looking at adding an amp in the fairing to power speakers that will be added in the lower fairings. I want to make the tour pack easily removable without putting the tour pack amplifier in a saddle bag. I plan on changing to a streetglide type seat or a one up seat. I need suggestions for a simple quick and sanitary conversion. I want the tour pack available for the two or three annual rode trips. Most of the remaining riding will be one up.

Your thoughts.
With old age has come the wisdom to embrace my immaturity.

Lars

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: 2013 SEUC quick disconnect tour pack
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 07:38:45 PM »

You may want to look at this thread - Sticky Threads - Find Sticky Threads Here... at the top of this board... several threads in that post on removing a TP.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Lars

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 07:46:36 PM »

Thanks for the redirection. I'll check it out.

Lars

rmarion

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 12:11:15 AM »

Lars

its a MUST set up...if you want two bikes for the price of one... :2vrolijk_21: :bananarock:
2006 FLHTCUSE - Candy/Black
SERT
SEAC
Branch Head Work
BP 595 cam gear drive
2:1 RB Racing Black Hole
Hawgwired Speakers & Amps
Rock & Roll Paint
Danny Grey Seat

Lars

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 12:23:59 AM »

I went to the thread mentioned above but the bike was an '06 which is of course different than my '13.
The local Harley dealer convinced me to buy Detachable two-up tour pack mounting bracket #53276-09A, and docking hardware kit #54205-09.
I brought the parts home and removed the tour pack and attempted to mount the docking hardware. It could not be installed without removing the chrome frame cover, which the dealer said did not have to be removed. Then before I mounted the detachable mounting bracket to the tour pack I decided I had better check to see if it would fit on the docking hardware and low and behold it would not fit.
When you put the front slot of the mounting bracket on the front studs of the docking hardware and try to close the rear latch, the base of the mounting bracket hits the top surface of the docking hardware before the latch will close.
I took the parts back to the dealer today and he convinced me that I was installing the brackets wrong so I brought the parts home and tried it again several times to no avail.

So, My question is:  Does anyone have a 2013 SEUC CVO that has installed a detachable two-up tour pack setup on their bike that can tell me the correct part numbers to order that will allow the chrome frame covers that come on the bike to remain on the bike and have the mounting bracket and docking hardware work properly????   Thanks.

Patience is a virtue but mine is running a little thin right now, and I've still got to tackle the issue of hiding all of the wiring and relocating the amplifier. that will be another discussion for another day. I'm a little long winded here but it helps to vent once in a while.

Lars

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 05:37:27 AM »

I have a sg3 with a removable TP.   Changes everything when you can ride without it,,think about removing the stock amp and put one in the faring,,, then put the saddle bag speakers on disconnects.   As well with the lighting,,  Jim a metal dragon,, hd dude can most likely help you and he does amps too.   Really good guy and you can PM here on this site.    A good friend of mine Velcro'd his amp in his right saddle bag,,  I personally like it out of the way and wouldn't want to give up the room it takes up,,  but it works well.  He has that on disconnects as well so he can remove the bag.

brosen101

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CUSE8
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 12:28:39 PM »

I went to the thread mentioned above but the bike was an '06 which is of course different than my '13.
The local Harley dealer convinced me to buy Detachable two-up tour pack mounting bracket #53276-09A, and docking hardware kit #54205-09.
I brought the parts home and removed the tour pack and attempted to mount the docking hardware. It could not be installed without removing the chrome frame cover, which the dealer said did not have to be removed. Then before I mounted the detachable mounting bracket to the tour pack I decided I had better check to see if it would fit on the docking hardware and low and behold it would not fit.
When you put the front slot of the mounting bracket on the front studs of the docking hardware and try to close the rear latch, the base of the mounting bracket hits the top surface of the docking hardware before the latch will close.
I took the parts back to the dealer today and he convinced me that I was installing the brackets wrong so I brought the parts home and tried it again several times to no avail.

So, My question is:  Does anyone have a 2013 SEUC CVO that has installed a detachable two-up tour pack setup on their bike that can tell me the correct part numbers to order that will allow the chrome frame covers that come on the bike to remain on the bike and have the mounting bracket and docking hardware work properly????   Thanks.

Patience is a virtue but mine is running a little thin right now, and I've still got to tackle the issue of hiding all of the wiring and relocating the amplifier. that will be another discussion for another day. I'm a little long winded here but it helps to vent once in a while.

I know this is repetitive, but give me a call (in our email exchange), and I'll walk you through it, send pix, etc.  It's a reasonably easy install on the '13.  The start of this though is to get the right kit.  You will need 53246-09A, approx $550, and whoever was helping you at the dealer doesn't sound competent or knowledgeable about this conversion...I also strongly recommend the hidden antenna install 76000513. 

When I finish the Arc Amp install, I will post all the steps and pictures.  Need to get a new seat too!  Damn this site  $$$!!!

Brian

Lars

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 11:58:57 PM »

Thanks Brian for all of your help and the good conversation we had today.
I have ordered the kit you described and already had the antenna for in the fairing.
I'll post pictures of the install and how it progresses.
I'm still interested in seeing some of your install pics as well.

Lars

brosen101

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CUSE8
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 11:49:55 AM »

Larry - Always fun talking with people with the same passions.  Once you receive the new kit you'll see how easily everything fits together...Will try and get some pictures posted here in a bit...

Brian

Lars

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 01:52:03 AM »

Finally got the detachable tour pack setup installed and enjoying the scoot more every time I ride it.
Here is a pic with a Street Glide seat installed.

Lars

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2013, 12:29:45 PM »

Looks Good Lars,  way to hang in there  :2vrolijk_21:

SilveRT8

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 05:41:24 AM »

Lars and Brian,
Thanks for the info. I have a 2012 SEUC07 and ride solo 95% of the time and find the bike to be top heavy when going slow or parking, so a removable tour pack would remove top weight and improve looks at the same time. Your bike looks great Lars !
Question : Did you have to relocate the amp that sits under the tour pack ? or can we completly eliminate it, since having front speakers only would be fine with me. Also, sitting lower with the Streetglide seat would be nice. Wath year model did you get ? Or wich one is best for confort ?

Lars

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2013, 06:33:30 AM »

I relocated the amp to the right saddle bag. If you massage the wire to flatten it out, it will bend over the edge of the saddle bag and you will be able to close the lid with no problem. Some have notched the saddlebag to recess the wire.
The Street Glide seat I have is from a 2008 model. I also relocated the licence plate as shown below.

Lars

SilveRT8

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2013, 01:02:17 PM »

Thanks again ! Nicely done,
I'll call mine CVO Streetglide Deluxe

the jacobite

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2013, 06:50:14 PM »

Just bought the relocation kit and wiring loom? New on ebay from a Harley dealer £104, bit of a bargain!
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 25 queries.