Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2009 SE ROAD GLIDE  (Read 25200 times)

jau flyer

2009 SE ROAD GLIDE
« on: September 30, 2013, 10:43:49 PM »

Hey all...

I am looking at a 2009 SE road glide at my local dealer that is on consignment. They are asking 29K and it does have  a color matched trunk with a wing.

I have an '05 CVO ELECTRAGLIDE that I recently totaled when I hit a deer. I have test rode this bike 2 times now and really like the handling, etc. so my question is how much wiggle or negotiating room do I realistically have. The bike is super clean and only 20.5 K miles.

Any offering opinions for price is welcomed. I have  searched the net for the same bike and found prices lower and slightly higher. I have a deposit on the bike and want to work out a deal and be fair about it.

Advice and opinions on price much appreciated.

Thanks.

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
Re: 2009 SE ROAD GLIDE
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 10:48:50 PM »

Hey all...

I am looking at a 2009 SE road glide at my local dealer that is on consignment. They are asking 29K and it does have  a color matched trunk with a wing.

I have an '05 CVO ELECTRAGLIDE that I recently totaled when I hit a deer. I have test rode this bike 2 times now and really like the handling, etc. so my question is how much wiggle or negotiating room do I realistically have. The bike is super clean and only 20.5 K miles.

Any offering opinions for price is welcomed. I have  searched the net for the same bike and found prices lower and slightly higher. I have a deposit on the bike and want to work out a deal and be fair about it.

Thanks.
Just a heads up about one for sale on the site Flyer  :nixweiss:SMFbuy - 2009 FLTRSE3 For Sale (KS)  For what its worth  :drink:
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 11:12:59 PM »

Here are some SERG's for comparison :

2009 FLTRSE3 For Sale (KS)   (Same as above).

2009 FLTRSE3 ROADGLIDE CVO

For Sale 2009 CVO Road Glide

That should help you re price.   I think you have at least a couple thousand dollars of wiggle room. It depends on how much the dealer has in the bike.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

dooinit2u

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2015 SESG UltraViolet Blue / Hot Lava ***SOLD***
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 07:50:51 AM »

With all the research I did a few months ago, High retail for a 2009 SERG was 26,500, in excellent condition with an average of 20-25k miles. Lower mileage will warrant a few more coins, but IMO, not that much.

29k sounds high, Like Greg posted, there are some good deals on here from members. Might not be the best colors(Stardust Silver) might have to settle for yellow or orange.

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 05:33:05 PM »

Just sold my 30k O/B with 8k in addons for $23000. $24-$26,000 is all the money in the world regardless of miles and extras. Just remember they are only worth what somone is willing to pay.

BigLew

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you're happy and you know it, Punch the Clown!!
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 07:09:06 PM »

Agree, 29k sounds like a lot.  I know they are awesome and very tempting but keep searching.  Or you could always show your dealer the one you find and tell them to match the price.  Good luck, Let's Roll
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 11:54:29 AM »

I'm trading mine in and only getting $19.600.  It has 24K mi, is in immaculate condition and has all the usual upgrades everyone else on here did.

Needless to say, I'm stripping it before I ride it up there.  Come and get it and you can have the goodies too for $23K!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 11:45:57 AM by Beemer »

ultrarider123

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 01:13:12 PM »

Thanks.

jau flyer, notice you are in K'ville.  Which dealer has this K'ville or SMHD?  That's really way too much IMO for that bike.  As all have already stated, should be in the mid $20K for a very good example (and some of the members have noted with their own purchases recently).  If you want a second opinion on the bike you are contemplating, send me a PM and I would be more than happy to take a look at it at the dealer with you.

Haird

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 24 queries.