Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: Update on JC's move...  (Read 9999 times)

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
Re: Update on JC's move...
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2013, 11:49:46 AM »

Nice !!! Good luck Brother !!!
DND

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2013, 10:24:19 PM »

I remember seeing Huell Howser's "California Gold" on TV where he went to all four geographic corners of the state of California.  Today (Thanksgiving 2013) I set out to see where the international boarder between the US and Mexico runs in to the Pacific ocean.  It was only 17 miles round trip from Coronado so no great feat.  But......it is a California state park.

Looking across the boarder fence....so pretty good size homes over there.  Must belong to the federales...or one of the cartels   :nixweiss:

and the US Boarder Patrol sitting their post up on top of the hill, next to the fence line.  You ever watch Boarder Wars on TV?  Those guys got their work cut out for them.  I had to hike in (another patrol told me I'd done approx. 3 1/2 - 4 mile loop) as the park was closed for the holiday.....but this guy was still sitting up there when I hiked out a couple hours later.

A look back at the outskirts of Tijuana, Mexico.  Many will recognize the cut in the mountain on the Mexico side of the fence as it's Mexico's Hwy. 1 that heads south out of TJ, through Rosarita Beach, Ensenada, Cabo San Lucas and all points south in Baja California.

It's no secreat that Mexico dumps raw sewage directly into the ocean very close to the boarder fence...

My first site of TJ's famous bull fighting arena  (or is it a ring?) and my hike is taking me very close to the boarder fence.

and more homes that appear to be pretty nice for such a poor economy....

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2013, 10:24:37 PM »

The old rusted steel panel fence is the original US boarder fence. The newer steel spike fence is approx. 20' inside the US and the boarder patrol is the only people that are authorized to go between the two.  I've seen the documentaries on TV to know that they have motion detectors, cameras and even sound sensors in that "no man's land".

another Boarder Patrol sitting in his jeep, watching down on the beach where the boarder fence runs into the ocean

cameras, motione detectors, sound senosors, transmitters....

The b-b-q and pic nic area up on the mesa right next to the boarder....the beach down below

Notice the weird antenna just over the wall from the jeep....

On the Mexico side, they can walk right up to the fence.  Nobody trying to break in to that country....just walk across.

and now we have the low encome housing....

A lady (on the left, on the other side of the fence) taking a picture of a guy standing right up against the fence (on the right, on the other side).  I couldn't help but wonder what's going through their heads....what's the conversation?

It's been on the news the past couple of days.....surfs up...starting at 2:30 p.m. this afternoon lasting through 6:00 p.m. tomorrow night.  All kinds of warnings etc on the radio and TV.  I was on the beach approx. half hour-45 min. and in that short time I saw the waves go from barely a wave to about ten feet high.  Here they are at about 3' high...and growing.....

(see San Diego in the background)

I was really surprised how quickly they got so much bigger and a beautiful day.  Glad I was there to see it first hand....

The first time I've been on a beach where sand dollars and all kinds of sea shells that are whole and not busted up.....laying every where.....

they almost look man made....

and the bottom side....

and hundreds of these little birds.  They run everywhere, chasing the waves back out, picking in the fresh wet sand for something, then run back up as the next wave comes in.

I keep heading north, away from the boarder in the distance.  It was quite a hike....especially in the sand.

It was a great way to spend the turkey day!
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2013, 02:52:46 PM »

On the Mexico side, they can walk right up to the fence.  Nobody trying to break in to that country....just walk across.

It was a great way to spend the turkey day!

I am thinking that one of the many blessings you and I are thankful for is that we live in the USA!

Thanks for taking the time to post these photos...a view that I would have never seen.

:2vrolijk_21:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2013, 03:00:34 PM »

I owe it to you Jock.  Your ride reports and photos have been my inspiration.  Thank you, sir! :2vrolijk_21:

If we could get others to follow suit with ride reports (or just photo reports like above)....then those of us not from their area would know what we're missing.  Come on guys....show us what there is to see in your area. :bananarock:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 03:06:04 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2013, 03:48:42 PM »

I owe it to you Jock.  Your ride reports and photos have been my inspiration.  Thank you, sir! :2vrolijk_21:

If we could get others to follow suit with ride reports (or just photo reports like above)....then those of us not from their area would know what we're missing.  Come on guys....show us what there is to see in your area. :bananarock:

I agree with you JC.  You have always inspired me to post my ride reports and I have tried to keep my promise.  I know how much I enjoy yours and have found that members always follow mine when I post them.   :2vrolijk_21:

Your pictures of the TJ border remind me of my Army days.  I was sent there to assist the government in securing the border.  Me and another would sit out there at night "hunkered" down with night googles watching the illegals crawling towards the border to try and enter illegally.  We would radio the patrols to our area as we watched the illegals retreat back.  Did you know that you can only wear night googles for 20 min's at a time and must remove them for 20 mins before looking through them again.  That is why we were always paired up.  Once when I had a 24 hr pass I went over to TJ.  I was flabbergasted with the poverty and prostitutes.  People lived in refrigerator cardboard boxes that they would hook 4 or 5 boxes together and they looked like a hamster tunnel.  And prostitutes.., they were everywhere!  I was curious how these poverty people could afford a prostitute until I was informed that the prostitutes were there for the American's that crossed the border and that they made good money and plenty of it from the "good old USA."

Thank you for posting JC.  It brought back many memories.   :2vrolijk_21:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2013, 09:01:56 PM »

JC you need to get a bike so you can get out more!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2013, 10:24:47 AM »

I've done it all on a bike....even rode in the snow.  But so many places you just can't go on a bike.  I submit the trail to the beach...

Much better suited for....

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2013, 10:17:17 PM »

We've been having some great weather here in Coronado....78F today.

A couple of friends stopped by last weekend...Andy and his daughter Kerry.  Here's a shot of Kerry and her pack up under one of the massive trees on this project....

West Coast GTG   

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2013, 12:13:40 AM »

Stopped in to say Hi to JC and check out the new digs. Jc landed on his feet with the transfer what a great spot. thanks for the tour i.ll be checking in on my visits to San Diego seeing family. After our visit Kerry and I went down the street to the off leash dog beach . The beach was packed with people and dogs, but for some reason we had lots of area around us.   By the way JC seamed kinda twichie and uncontrollable ticks, i asked what was wrong and he said his camera was in the shop
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 12:18:51 AM by ak »
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2013, 06:17:54 AM »

JC, Nice Pictures !!!! Thanks !!!
DND

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2013, 07:13:29 PM »

Some pretty decent waves there. Strange there's no surfers out.
Jesus is Lord

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2013, 10:24:40 PM »

Some pretty decent waves there. Strange there's no surfers out.

No waste treatment plants in TJ so you don't want to surf or fish near the Mexican border till you get to Ensenada. I used to surf at K38 and the current used to push the water South from there to SD.

blacktop

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2013 - Anniversary #674
    • CVO3: 2021 CVO Limited Bronze
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2013, 08:18:49 AM »

JC, I really enjoyed those pictures, thanks for posting.

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2013, 05:55:41 PM »

JC I'm sure the horseback riding won't be very good for you back either!

BigLew
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 20 queries.