Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: '07 110in Upgrade Debate  (Read 16486 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: '07 110in Upgrade Debate
« Reply #150 on: December 13, 2006, 12:26:05 PM »

If I'm understanding this correctly,
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #151 on: December 13, 2006, 12:39:29 PM »

As someone else noted, the Wideband Commander is NOT a self tuning ECM replacement like the T-Max or Daytona Twin-Tek.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #152 on: December 13, 2006, 01:16:52 PM »

Hoist,

Looking at Jerry's comments above, I take it to mean since he thinks you would have to add another bung to each pipe, that would mess up the "Looks like Stock - Must be Stock" argument, so instead of going the DIY tuning route, he recommends the standard PC with a good dyno tune.

I don't see anything pointing to needing a dyno tune if the WBC or TSII+ is used.

Maybe he'll jump in here and help us out.

Cheers!

Chief

I might have read between the lines, but Remapping is done through the ECM mods such as SERT, PCIII. The A/F monitor gives you readings based on that set-up only and adjusts it from there. To get the tune right, you'd have to dyno tune it to get the map tweaked properly first. Are you convinced that this will get done properly by substituting this device for an initial Dyno tune? I'd like to know that I've started with the corrected map before adding something like this. BTW, I feel the same way about the TMax AutoTune. I'd dyno it also. JMHO which cold be wrong. It would make me more comfortable knowing this device would only be making minor changes then. Also, it would override a good tuner's individual RPM band calibrations by substituing it's own logic instead. If any of these automatic devices do that, I don't think I'd want any of them.

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #153 on: December 13, 2006, 01:52:57 PM »

I might have read between the lines, but Remapping is done through the ECM mods such as SERT, PCIII. The A/F monitor gives you readings based on that set-up only and adjusts it from there. To get the tune right, you'd have to dyno tune it to get the map tweaked properly first. Are you convinced that this will get done properly by substituting this device for an initial Dyno tune? I'd like to know that I've started with the corrected map before adding something like this. BTW, I feel the same way about the TMax AutoTune. I'd dyno it also. JMHO which cold be wrong. It would make me more comfortable knowing this device would only be making minor changes then. Also, it would override a good tuner's individual RPM band calibrations by substituing it's own logic instead. If any of these automatic devices do that, I don't think I'd want any of them.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #154 on: December 13, 2006, 02:04:42 PM »

First off, let me state that my 99 is carb'd and I have no FI experience. So having the disclaimer out of the way....

As I understand it.

The one and only map resides in the ECM. The PC use correction tables to adjust the injector pulse width the ECM is calling for.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 05:17:39 PM by Hoist »

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #155 on: December 13, 2006, 02:09:30 PM »

Holy crap, Chuck. You sure know a lot more about this FI stuff than I do. This will be my first FI as well. If it works as you say, then it sounds like an excellent fine tuning tool. I told I could be wrong about how it works. I'm not sure of how all these processors function and communicate together. I just want to get the bike to run properly the easieast way and maintain my 2 Year Warranty!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #156 on: December 13, 2006, 02:15:47 PM »

Will we get a warranty certificate like a stock certificate so we can send it to D00d for him to sign this time in 2008?

Cheers!

Chief

Ooh, I want that! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] We'd need to get it framed. And it would have to be framed properly to keep the frame's 2 Year Warranty!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #157 on: December 13, 2006, 02:27:06 PM »

First off, let me state that my 99 is carb'd and I have no FI experience. So having the disclaimer out of the way....

As I understand it.

The one and only map resides in the ECM. The PC use correction tables to adjust the injector pulse width the ECM is calling for.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #158 on: December 13, 2006, 02:33:26 PM »

You are correct in your thinking here, Chief.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #159 on: December 13, 2006, 02:52:32 PM »

TC,

Thanks for the confirmation. This FI is all new to a carb head like me, but I've been reading a lot.

Any chance you and Diva can come East for dinner on Monday?
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #160 on: December 13, 2006, 03:18:08 PM »

Yeah, I don't know chit either, but have been reading for the past 8 months, so I think I've got my head wrapped around it fairly well now.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #161 on: December 13, 2006, 07:32:53 PM »

Hoist,
         I also don't know crap about EFI tuning, so rather than debate with you I'll tell you what happened when I picked up my 07 Road Glide last week. I had the motor bumped up to 103 from the stock 96 (parts are detailed in the Road Glide section)  The tech explained that there were no downloads available as yet for 07 models and that he had to map the SERT from scratch on his own. He didn't want to run a brand new top end too hard, so he got it to a decent point and left it. He told me when I get 1,000 miles on the new parts he feels he can do a much better job. I'm not complainin now. Anyway, note that he said two key things. There were no downloads available for 07 models AND he had to create a map from scratch. Like I said, I ain't out to start an argument here, I'm just passin on a firsthand experience with an 07 model .

B B

rodsglide

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #162 on: December 13, 2006, 08:23:31 PM »

OK    I'm trying to keep up ?    PCIII for my 07 roadglide w/ 110'' kit    se air cleaner @ mufflers

When I get to    WOT    PCIII will not let the factory comp  go to close loop ?  So when we dyno it ,it will map at   WOT

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #163 on: December 13, 2006, 08:42:35 PM »

OK
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 08:53:08 PM by HarleyDudeAtl »

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #164 on: December 13, 2006, 08:47:23 PM »

OMG! Another convert to the "Sensible Side"!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 08:48:18 PM by djkak »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 20 queries.