Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Paul Yaffe CVO Stealth III LED's dying?  (Read 6102 times)

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
Re: Paul Yaffe CVO Stealth III LED's dying?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2015, 06:57:14 PM »

Jesse,

They make them smaller and larger as well. Solder wires to them and then use silicone to form a waterproof seal should fix the issue.  Certainly worth a try considering what you had to pay for the Yaffe item.

:2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2015, 12:40:24 PM »

Jesse,

They make them smaller and larger as well. Solder wires to them and then use silicone to form a waterproof seal should fix the issue.  Certainly worth a try considering what you had to pay for the Yaffe item.

Jesse,

I almost hate to post this here, but I just called Yaffe and told them my LED's were dead and dying and the guy on the phone immediately took my phone number and address so he could send me, free of charge, a replacement with the upgraded LED's. I asked him if he wanted me to send the old one back and he said to throw it in the trash. I was wondering Jesse, if you might want to call them again or maybe have a friend call for you or something. He asked me how long I have had it and I told him almost 2 years. He then looked for my info in his system and it was no longer there, so he took my name and address and said to expect a new one in the mail.

SE-Mike

• Junior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 CVO FatBoy
    • CVO2: 2010 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2015, 05:35:13 PM »

Jesse,

I almost hate to post this here, but I just called Yaffe and told them my LED's were dead and dying and the guy on the phone immediately took my phone number and address so he could send me, free of charge, a replacement with the upgraded LED's. I asked him if he wanted me to send the old one back and he said to throw it in the trash. I was wondering Jesse, if you might want to call them again or maybe have a friend call for you or something. He asked me how long I have had it and I told him almost 2 years. He then looked for my info in his system and it was no longer there, so he took my name and address and said to expect a new one in the mail.

They did the same thing for me about 6 months ago.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2015, 05:54:16 PM »

Jesse,

They did the same thing for me about 6 months ago.
Noticed in pictures of DBBW that BN is there... maybe Paul is there to and while he is gone you get better customer service. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2015, 09:12:55 PM »

I called and left a message today. Will see what happens.  :nixweiss:

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2015, 09:49:27 AM »

Never heard back. Perhaps Monday.

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2015, 10:17:12 AM »

Never heard back. Perhaps Monday.

Bummer, If I were you I would call them back if you have not heard from them by mid-morning on Monday. Even though you should not have to keep calling, sometimes the squeaky wheel does get the grease.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2015, 06:32:16 PM »

Well I got a different guy on the phone and since mine was well over 2 years old and purchased from someone other than Yaffe they wouldn't replace it. However, he offered me the new style with the replaceable LED strip at dealer cost and I jumped on it. He also said if I have any issues with the new lights he will warranty it in the future. Really not a bad deal IMO.

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 24 queries.