Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Did a bonehead move  (Read 6441 times)

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Did a bonehead move
« on: October 27, 2013, 10:54:05 AM »

I left my bike on accessory for a couple of days. The only way it was brought back to my attention, my alarm went off. I don't know why , but it did. Anyway, the battery which is only a month old was just about dead. So I put in on charge for 24 hrs and tested the battery with a meter and it tested good, around 14 volts. However when I noticed the alarm light not blinking on the speedo and no other lights lit up on the speedo when I had the ignition switch on I'm wondering if there is a way to reset the alarm. Is there? The only thing I'm going to try is pulling the bags off and and turning the switch to run and pulling the main fuse for a minute and then plugging it back in..............Any other suggestions?.............Fuzz :nixweiss:
Someday's you hit them like Jack Nicklaus and someday's like Jack Ass

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

Re: Did a bonehead move
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 11:11:20 AM »

Well, no results with pulling the fuse with the ignition on. I'm stumped.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 11:13:03 AM »

Pulling the main fuse in the procedure you described above should take care of your problem.  Short of that, you could try turning the bike off leaving it sit and then turning the ignition on and off 3 times slowly. That will reset the ECM for a number of issues. That doesn't work, pulling the main fuse should do it.  Good luck!

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 11:16:47 AM »

Check for stored codes in all systems and rest all. Sometimes pulling the Security Turn Signal main plug will reset system.

good Luck.

:bananarock: :bananarock:

Brad
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 11:20:26 AM »

Well, right now I have the battery disconnected . I'll hook it back up. But when I do turn the ignition on, there are no other indications other than the neutral green light and the oil light on the yoke. That's it.

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 11:34:46 AM »

Did you check for blown fuses?

Brad
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Wild WV (16)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 12:09:28 PM »

Assuming that I read read the meter right , the battery was good. So I called my father who's an electrician and he promptly chewed my a$$ and told me I was reading the meter wrong. From 1200 miles away he still can chew me a new a$$. Anyhow, I was reading the meter wrong, and the battery has to be either charged with a better charger than what I have or replaced. All the garages and Indy bike shops are closed down here in Fl on Sunday. And my good charger is up in PA. So this project has to wait till tomorrow to continue, football and Bloody Mary's are on the schedule for the rest of the afternoon. Thanks to everyone for your help. I'll let ya know how I make out..."...........Fuzz

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 12:43:49 PM »

Where you at in Florida? We have alot of Great Forum Members in Florida that may be able to Help!

Brad

I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Wild WV (16)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2013, 01:00:44 PM »

Assuming that I read read the meter right , the battery was good. So I called my father who's an electrician and he promptly chewed my a$$ and told me I was reading the meter wrong. From 1200 miles away he still can chew me a new a$$. Anyhow, I was reading the meter wrong, and the battery has to be either charged with a better charger than what I have or replaced. All the garages and Indy bike shops are closed down here in Fl on Sunday. And my good charger is up in PA. So this project has to wait till tomorrow to continue, football and Bloody Mary's are on the schedule for the rest of the afternoon. Thanks to everyone for your help. I'll let ya know how I make out..."...........Fuzz

When I left mine on just like you not long ago my bike acted the same way. I kept the tender on it, but it didn't do a thing. Had 5.8 volts coming from battery. Just enough to turn some lights on the dash, but thats it. No alarm light or anything either. Wasn't gonna drive a half hour to borrow parents real charger. Battery was from late 07 so it was time. Ordered one from battery mart and it showed up 2 days later. 5# of....in a 10#bag getting all the crap out of the way that I've added to area over the years. But once I got it connected, all was good.

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2013, 01:19:06 PM »

Where you at in Florida? We have alot of Great Forum Members in Florida that may be able to Help!

Brad

I moved to Cape Coral about three months ago. Denise has been in Kuwait for about three months, with 9 months to go. When she gets back she'll move down here also. Weather is just getting beautiful down here. I was going to take the scoot to the Stone crab festival in Naples today but the Bike Gods were not with me today!!! Tell Val I said hello. I have yet to ride down to see Miker. I will !  You guys will have to come down and visit ! The weather is cooperating now!..........Fuzz

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2013, 04:18:54 PM »

Fuzz you bone head! Next time turn your switch off!  Now that you live just south from me we shall hook up sometime. We have family in Naples! :2vrolijk_21: Sorry about your trouble! ;)
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2013, 08:14:21 PM »

Fuzz you bone head! Next time turn your switch off!  Now that you live just south from me we shall hook up sometime. We have family in Naples! :2vrolijk_21: Sorry about your trouble! ;)

Pm me, I'll send ya my cell#. Looking forward to it..........Fuzz

tweeter13

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2013, 09:41:37 PM »

With out every thing here in front of me and I might be confusing my CVO with another bike,  but isn't there a 9 volt battery in the security module as a back up?   I will try to find the information and post again

Todd.
18 Monsterbrite led lights
Fullsac DX head pipe
Fullsac 2.25 baffles
TTS master-tune
George Anderson tourpac relocator

tweeter13

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2013, 09:45:56 PM »

http://houseofharley.com/en/products/for-the-bike/security/69309-10__harleydavidson-smart-siren-battery-replacement-kit-6930910

This is something I found on the net not sure if this helps.  But it may not even be the system that's on your bike

Todd
18 Monsterbrite led lights
Fullsac DX head pipe
Fullsac 2.25 baffles
TTS master-tune
George Anderson tourpac relocator

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2013, 11:56:26 PM »

With out every thing here in front of me and I might be confusing my CVO with another bike,  but isn't there a 9 volt battery in the security module as a back up?   I will try to find the information and post again

Todd.

IDK if there is, but if so it must be rechargeable. When I was changing my battery I hooked it up for a second and the alarm started silently going off and continued to fade out to nothing. Then I went and got my keys and finished install. Next day I was taking it off of lift without fob nearby and it was chirping loud. So I think there's a rechargeable one in there somewhere.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 24 queries.