Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Author Topic: Would youdo an even trade, a CVO Breakout for a Street Glide Special  (Read 22285 times)

cvo1717

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2013 CVO BREAKOUT BLACK SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 CVO FATBOB BLACK DENIM HELLFIRE FLAMES TRADED IN
    • CVO3: 2020 CVO street glide
Re: Would youdo an even trade, a CVO Breakout for a Street Glide Special
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2013, 05:57:52 PM »

Hey my breakout is having the rear fender changed due to rust, if the problem persists i could see myself getting fed up and selling it .with that said I do love the bike and and probably would not sell it for any other reason.The street glide is an awesome bike too I would save up and have 2 bikes if i were nickey
Mike
2013 CVO BREAKOUT 117 KIT
ROSAS HEADS WOODS TW 8-6 CAM
RB RACING 2 INTO 1 PROSTOCK CHALLENGE PIPE
130 HP  134 TQ STD
126 hp   131 TQ SAE

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Hard Candy Gold Dust/Liquid Sun
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2013, 06:23:42 PM »

I took my SG and my Breakout for rides today. Probably about 100 miles each. I don't think I could let either one go.
You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! - Davy Crockett

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2013, 08:05:47 PM »

If Nicky want to sell or trade his BO for another model, why would it chafe your a$$?  If he decides to trade the SG in 3 months, what does it matter to anyone here?  It's his money and he can do whatever he wants to with it.  More power to him.  When you are making his payments or it cost you something personally then get upset. Until then don't get your panties in such a wad.    :drink:
Jesus is Lord

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2013, 02:30:39 AM »

If Nicky want to sell or trade his BO for another model, why would it chafe your a$$?  If he decides to trade the SG in 3 months, what does it matter to anyone here?  It's his money and he can do whatever he wants to with it.  More power to him.  When you are making his payments or it cost you something personally then get upset. Until then don't get your panties in such a wad.    :drink:

At least one person gets it....

I don't understand why people care about what others do with their money.

....I'm gonna go buy a 2014 CVO Breakout in blue....and set my FLHXS on fire.

ChopperPilot

• 1K CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2023 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2020 FLHXSE (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2014 FXSBSE (Sold)
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2013, 08:56:38 AM »

X2
2023 CVO Street Glide
Whiskey Neat
Khrome Werks Duals

2019 Heritage Classic 114 Special
Silver Flux and Black Fuse
Rinehart 2 into 1 Pipe
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand and Blaze Orange
Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 Pipes
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2013, 09:34:22 AM »

....I'm gonna go buy a 2014 CVO Breakout in blue....and set my FLHXS on fire.

Regarding buying a 'blue' BO...Not the blue BO!!! Anything but the blue BO!  (just kidding!) :)

Nicky, I look at the reactions differently. Us BO owners are a small group of folks and we hate to see anyone leave the tribe. Look at it this way: it's better than everyone begging you to PLEASE sell the BO because you are not cool enough to own one! But now that you pulled the trigger and sold it hey I'll be jealous of you every time I have to travel more than a couple hundred miles away from home and have to count on the kindness of my bagger friends to have enough stuff packed for survival.

BTW, how many miles have you put on your SG so far? Any comparison reports on differences in ride quality, feel, etc.? What mods are you thinking of? Pipes, wheels? Details, man, details!! I would like to have some ideas for when I add an SG next to my vintage 2013 black and silver BO - aka the 'ONLY' year and color combo the bike gods intended for this bike! ;)

Cam

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2013, 10:20:41 AM »

Regarding buying a 'blue' BO...Not the blue BO!!! Anything but the blue BO!  (just kidding!) :)

Nicky, I look at the reactions differently. Us BO owners are a small group of folks and we hate to see anyone leave the tribe. Look at it this way: it's better than everyone begging you to PLEASE sell the BO because you are not cool enough to own one! But now that you pulled the trigger and sold it hey I'll be jealous of you every time I have to travel more than a couple hundred miles away from home and have to count on the kindness of my bagger friends to have enough stuff packed for survival.

BTW, how many miles have you put on your SG so far? Any comparison reports on differences in ride quality, feel, etc.? What mods are you thinking of? Pipes, wheels? Details, man, details!! I would like to have some ideas for when I add an SG next to my vintage 2013 black and silver BO - aka the 'ONLY' year and color combo the bike gods intended for this bike! ;)

Cam

I've got a whopping 11 miles on it.  The day I picked it up, it was 42 degrees.  The next day, it snowed 1/2" and another 1/2" of salt was laid.  It's parked until March or April.  As for mods, I think I'm going to do the V&H Dresser Duals with the Hi-Output slip ons.  I went to the dealer yesterday and there was a 2012 with this set up and it sounded perfect.

As for the Breakout....it was the closest thing to a custom you could get from a manufacturer.  I love the looks of it, but being OCD about keeping my toys nice, the thought of having tins swapped was A. Annoying/dis-heartening, and B. Another chance for someone to mess something else up during swapping.  Honestly....having to have the tank swapped before purchase because of a black speck and clear coat flaking took the wind out of my sails.  Then to see 4 more of those specks, and what looked like pinholes on the replacement tank annoyed the chit out of me.  Some people can say, "let the warranty cover it.....you'll have a new part in 8-10 weeks".  That's not me, so I got rid of it.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2013, 10:30:53 AM »

Speedy, very well said...+1 (or is that X1, =1, #1....I'm so confused)

Nicky, as for the new deal you have been offered...stick with the Breakout.  Plus, I'd be ripping that dealer a new sphincter over renouncing their original offer.  Whether they have a buyer for your bike or not, they should be held accountable for an offer...not cool.

Just when I think I got the secret code figured out....................here comes Howard   :rolleyes2:
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2013, 11:30:52 AM »

"Would you do an even trade, a CVO Breakout for a Street Glide Special"

I agree that some of the replies on this thread have been chitty to say the least, but your comment above leads me to question why you start threads asking these kinds of questions in the first place.  What was the point of starting the thread?  Did you really plan on making your decision based on the input of a bunch of strangers on the internet?  When you decide on your next purchase do you intend to set up a poll on the forum and buy whatever the majority tell you to buy? 

My point is if you don't want opinions on what to do with your money, don't ask questions about what you should do with your money.  Seems simple to me, but maybe I'm missing something.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2013, 11:41:35 AM »

Yes Jerry you're missing something.  Your morning cup of coffee.  ;)
Jesus is Lord

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2013, 02:05:54 PM »

Once you go bagger, you'll never go back...
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2013, 04:57:54 PM »

Once you go bagger, you'll never go back...
That's not true Nicky had a brand new SG before he bought the breakout lol.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2013, 05:21:47 PM »

That's not true Nicky had a brand new SG before he bought the breakout lol.

.....I'm back though.

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2013, 08:49:44 PM »

"Would you do an even trade, a CVO Breakout for a Street Glide Special"

I agree that some of the replies on this thread have been chitty to say the least, but your comment above leads me to question why you start threads asking these kinds of questions in the first place.  What was the point of starting the thread?  Did you really plan on making your decision based on the input of a bunch of strangers on the internet?  When you decide on your next purchase do you intend to set up a poll on the forum and buy whatever the majority tell you to buy? 

My point is if you don't want opinions on what to do with your money, don't ask questions about what you should do with your money.  Seems simple to me, but maybe I'm missing something.

Jerry

Not to be the last to the party but I agree with Jerry.  I don't know you Nicky but I would say the same to anyone that asked the same question.  When you solicit other people's opinions, why do you get defensive when they share their honest thoughts with you?   :nixweiss:  If you weren't prepared for a variety of answers (some not to your liking) than why did you ask for feedback?  You are not the first person nor will you be the last on this site to ask for input and then be upset over the responses you get in return.

Happy you like your new SG.  Ride safe.

Judy
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2013, 08:15:54 PM »

Not to be the last to the party but I agree with Jerry.  I don't know you Nicky but I would say the same to anyone that asked the same question.  When you solicit other people's opinions, why do you get defensive when they share their honest thoughts with you?   :nixweiss:  If you weren't prepared for a variety of answers (some not to your liking) than why did you ask for feedback?  You are not the first person nor will you be the last on this site to ask for input and then be upset over the responses you get in return.

Happy you like your new SG.  Ride safe.

Judy

Its the dick-ish responses....thats what bothered me.  I was soliciting opinions because they are 2 totally different bikes.  The new SG has a ton of options....new bags, infotainment, better suspension and so on.  I was looking for "Depends on your needs", "The new stuff is over rated because I know".....answers like that.  Not 6th grader taunts and jabs about me owning a few other bikes.  Whatever......its funny, I guess I should expect a few cockmuppets to have their say.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 25 queries.