Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Best exhaust for Touring Period????  (Read 10479 times)

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Riptide Blue.
Re: Best exhaust for Touring Period????
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2013, 08:38:01 AM »

With the 58 mm TB and injectors will you loose any bottom end? Or do you gain all a cross the rev range?  Also, do you need a new intake for the larger TB?  Or, will the stock size intake work on the 58 mm TB?
I may be a head of cabbage, but I am ahead of you!!

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2013, 08:56:58 AM »

With the 58 mm TB and injectors will you loose any bottom end? Or do you gain all a cross the rev range?  Also, do you need a new intake for the larger TB?  Or, will the stock size intake work on the 58 mm TB?

If you upgrade to a 58mm TB amd larger injectors you "could" lose some bottom end if you stick with a 2:2 or 2:1:2. Adding the larger TB and inj will require some tuning.You need a good starting map and one of the available autotuning softwares or time on a dyno with a comptetent tuner. The larger TB rewquires some precision to get dialed in. I believe the SE 58MM TB comes with the matching backing plate.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2013, 11:13:20 AM »

To help with loudness you can use the quiet baffle as I did with a D&D Boarzilla. It's not exactly quiet but I am happy. It does quiet down when cruising.

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2013, 11:31:38 AM »

In general terms, a 2:1 will do better on the left side of the dyno chart, a 2:1:2 will do better on the right side.  Muffler choice being equal, that is.  I'll have to dig up my dyno charts from my 2010 FLHTK, but the difference between a Fatcat with a wrapped perforated baffle and a Jackpot 2:1:2 with 4" Dyno Tuned mufflers was insignificant, with the Fatcat performing a little better below 3000rpm and the Jackpot performing a little better above. 

The big differences between the two are quality of sound and muffler selection.  You have many more muffler options with a 2:1:2, and you'll get more of the traditional Harley sound with one.  Other than the Supermeg, I've never heard a 2:1 that could be called anything close to "quiet".  Even the Supermeg is louder than my quiet 2:1:2/Fatshotz bike.

The Fatcat is a very good 2:1 performance-wise.  I'm less enthusiastic about their quality and customer service.  I've seen (though not on my personal bike) very impressive performance from the Supermeg and the new Jackpot 2:1.  Both of those pipes have a better sound than the Fatcat to my ear, and the Jackpot is a freaking work of art to look at.
The best you've had is the best you know.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2013, 12:11:22 PM »

I have a Rinehart true dual system on my 110. Love the look and the sound of the system. However I think I can get more power and torque using a different system. I would like to stick with a two in to two system. don't like the way the two in to one looks. I would like to also use the Rinehart baffles that I already have. The are a 2 inch diameter, so don't know what systems can use the 2 inch baffle. So what is the best and a pipe that will make the most power for me.  Thanx for the info.

If you only like the true dual system, just keep what you have.  Most true duals lose a little TQ compared to something like the Fullsac 2 into 1 into 2 header.  So your choice is between a bit better TQ numbers and aesthetics.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

RedEagle

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 FLHTCUSE5, FullSac Xpipe, 2",TTS, 8 speaker HogTunes!
    • CVO2: WO's Chubby 578, Road Tech Zumo 660
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2013, 12:42:01 PM »

Fullsac x.....Ahhh you get the idea!!!
I was so much Older then....I am younger than that Now.

UltraNutZ

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2013, 03:54:03 PM »

I have a Rinehart true dual system on my 110. Love the look and the sound of the system. However I think I can get more power and torque using a different system. I would like to stick with a two in to two system. don't like the way the two in to one looks. I would like to also use the Rinehart baffles that I already have. The are a 2 inch diameter, so don't know what systems can use the 2 inch baffle. So what is the best and a pipe that will make the most power for me.  Thanx for the info.

any good tuner will tell you (including Steve @ Fullsac) that in order to get good power down low with a stock setup, a 2:1 setup is your best option, then next would be a 2:1:2 setup and slipons with a core no bigger than 1.75".  Anything bigger than that then you look at other areas to improve your bottom end "umph"

this is stock I'm talking about.  if you're changing cams, doing headwork, etc. then the whole playing field changes.

I agree with everyone on the Fullsac products.

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2013, 04:14:24 PM »

Great info from every one.  Now I was checking out the Jack Pot site and there products.  Very nice looking systems. So I was wondering, which one of the two are better? The Fulsac X pipe or a the Jackpot stainless. They seem very similar. Almost like one copied the other. Both use the stock shields.

Also what would be the best 2 in to one pipe? Again Jackpot seems like a quality piece.  ( other than fat pussy, i mean cat )  What about the Rinehart 2 into 1?

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2013, 04:45:58 PM »

Great info from every one.  Now I was checking out the Jack Pot site and there products.  Very nice looking systems. So I was wondering, which one of the two are better? The Fulsac X pipe or a the Jackpot stainless. They seem very similar. Almost like one copied the other. Both use the stock shields.

Also what would be the best 2 in to one pipe? Again Jackpot seems like a quality piece.  ( other than fat pussy, i mean cat )  What about the Rinehart 2 into 1?

My preference would be Fullsac head pipe with 2" cores in stock cans if I had a stock or mild engine build. Anything more than a mild engine build I would go with a D&D Fatcat. But like others I'm biased but the dyno data can't be disputed

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2013, 05:04:43 PM »

The Jackpot pipe is made out of Stainless Steel and has a lifetime warranty.  I've owned two of them, and were I to get another bike, I'd get another Jackpot.

Can't speak about the Rinehart as I've never run them.  As I said, the Fatcat's a decent pipe, but for less money the Jackpot's better constructed and will produce as much or more power.
The best you've had is the best you know.

cyco1450

• Elite CVO Member
  • Cheaper to keep her...
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO RG Black Earth/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO SG - sold
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2013, 10:40:46 PM »

I'm running an S&S headpipe w/ Fullsac 2.25" baffles in stock cans and a racetuner.
2018 CVO RG Black Earth
2007 CVO Springer Amarillo Gold 1 of 398
2003 100th Ann FLSTCI
2001 CVO Switchblade
1999 Dyna WG Zippers 107
1997 Heritage Springer Ol’ Boy
1997 Fat Boy Street Stalker 1 of 1
1993 Heritage Softail Cow Glide #1109
1990 Fat Boy Grey Ghost 1st year
1977 FLH Restomod
1977 XLCR
1971 FX Night Train!

evodistraction

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 SERK "Burgandy Blaze"
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2013, 06:26:52 PM »

Hello all!

I'm a newbie and am doing some research before purchasing a bike. My '01 RK had V&H pipes and a K&N filter but was otherwise stock. I have been looking at a 2013 CVO RK that has a D&D Boarzilla installed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190959295150?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2661 (comments about this bike/price welcome!)

According to their website, D&D requires the install to be tuned which makes sense. My questions: is there a difference in tuners when it comes to setting up the exhaust and how do you know it was done at all? Are they referencing an installed tuner like the Power Commander or just a handheld for initially setting up the pipes?

Anything else I need to ask the owner?

Thanks and I'll let you all know if I pull the trigger

Evo

the jacobite

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2013, 06:38:00 PM »

I fitted the full cobra system tri ovals love the look and sound from them, the build quality and fit was also very good.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2013, 08:39:36 PM »

My 09 CVO had the fullsac head pipe, my wifes 11 had the fullsac "B" X head pipe both with fullsac 2.25 cores  The head pipes were ceramic coated.  My 12 SERG has the Jackpot head pipe and the Jackpot pro tour mufflers.

The head pipes on those three bikes perform about the same, and the factory chome fits the fullsac a little bit better.  I feel either are a good choice for a stock or stage one bike, but I would choose Fullsac for my 12 if I were to do it again.  With 30 K on the 12 it is getting too loud.

My 13 SERK has the fullsac "D" x head pipe, and 2.25 cores.  The D head pipe I feel is better than the Jackpot head pipe due to the larger cross over, and it makes more torque down low.  That was important for me as I built the motor in the 13 SERK, and I did not want torque to move very much to the right.  The build has great torque, long and flat over 100 torque at 2500 rpm, and over 110 from 2700 up to 6000 rpm.  Peak torque is 121 and is above 117 from 3500 to 5250 rpm.  HP is 122, this is SAE.   The motor has been very reliable so far, 10K put on it this year. 

So, I am a fan of fullsac.  My wifes 13 also has the new fullsac D X head pipe and 2.25 cores.

When I get trade my 12 SERG on the the next RG hopefully in 15 it will be set up with fullsac, a great value for the money and great customer service!
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2013, 09:47:51 PM »

Hello all!

I'm a newbie and am doing some research before purchasing a bike. My '01 RK had V&H pipes and a K&N filter but was otherwise stock. I have been looking at a 2013 CVO RK that has a D&D Boarzilla installed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190959295150?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2661 (comments about this bike/price welcome!)

According to their website, D&D requires the install to be tuned which makes sense. My questions: is there a difference in tuners when it comes to setting up the exhaust and how do you know it was done at all? Are they referencing an installed tuner like the Power Commander or just a handheld for initially setting up the pipes?

Anything else I need to ask the owner?

Thanks and I'll let you all know if I pull the trigger

Evo

I checked out the e-bay add, and did not see anything in there about a tuner of any kind. In order to tune your bike you will need a tuner of some kind to interface the bike with a computer. Power Commander type tuners plug in to your bike and take over the control of your perimeters. Race Tuner from HD plugs in only during the tuning phase of the process and then is removed. So you have to ask the owner if the bike was ever dyno tuned? If he has any type of tuners that come with the bike, and most importantly ask him why the engine color does not match the rest of the parts!!  Like the primary and the tranny. All engine and tranny components on CVO bikes are that gray slate color, not black. ( at least on touring bikes anyways ) So good luck, live long and prosper. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 20 queries.