Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: 103 and Race Tuner drivability question  (Read 4999 times)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Re: 103 and Race Tuner drivability question
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2006, 05:51:36 PM »

If you want the maps please email me at cvoseeg@bellsouth.net

-harry

Harry,

I forgot, you already sent me a file awhile ago, but I can't use it. Is an MT6 file and my RT only reads MT2 and MT5.

:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2006, 09:43:45 PM »

...   only thing is if you use the maps or play around please DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR Bike while UPLOADING THE MAP.

Not sure what the remedy is yet if you do this, but were soon to find out.
Either it can be remapped back to factory and that is good or

NEW ECM and NEW SERT ... ouch expensive.

Good advice, Harry.  Wow, that is a dumb thing to do.  Wonder what would cause a person to do that?  Distracted, maybe?  Well, that person will find out.  I'll bet his bike is at the shop right now. It'd be like being in a prison and saying "be gentle". [smiley=nervous.gif]
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2006, 11:34:49 PM »

Wow, that is a dumb thing to do.

MV 2013

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2006, 01:29:32 AM »

Porthole so you need an MT5 file huh .... I think I can fix that for you ...  Give me a day or two and I will recovert it back for you to an MT5 File.  What year is the bike 04 or 05 it matters which tables I put it into for the base map.

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2006, 01:34:29 AM »

Jerry what a way with words ...  btw my race tuner arrived today and well now I am just waiting on wednesday to arrive, so I can order my rineharts with the bungs.

I have heard tell of dealerships tuning bikes and lets say the o2 narrows were removed from the bikes.   Anyone know of any 96" or 110's doing this the only downside I can see from it is the rear cylinder wont go into cool down mode when you do this.   Anyone else know of any other ill effects other than the computer leaning out the motor at under 30percent throttle?

Like being in prison and saying be gentle now that is what a signature is all about ...
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2006, 02:33:54 PM »

Harry, I like your new signature! ;)

Porthole, to make sure you understand... it wasn't Harry that shut off his ignition, I shut MINE off.
I knew better, but a moment's brain-fart, and...POOF[smiley=vrolijk27.gif].  It was only off for a split-second because as soon as I did it, I realized what I'd done.  Anyway, the only thing the SERT is seeing now is the ECM i.d.... no VIN, no program.  I'll bet NO ONE in this forum has done that.  

Head Tech at the dealership gave me a nice 'deer in the headlights' :o look when I explained it to him.
Dealer has the bike now (Harleyworth Prison. . .I hope they're gentle).

I'll let y'all know what the cure is and how much it co$t$.  Like I told Harry, Techtip: The longer you have to wait for the bad news, the more you're willing to pay for the cure.

Jerrythescrewedfool
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2006, 02:40:41 PM »

Garz,

I actually thought it was a lot funnier, when Porthole thought I did that.  

I do like the new sig though ...

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2006, 04:09:48 PM »

Harry, I like your new signature! ;)

Porthole, to make sure you understand... it wasn't Harry that shut off his ignition, I shut MINE off.
I knew better, but a moment's brain-fart, and...POOF[smiley=vrolijk27.gif].
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2006, 06:03:37 PM »

Jerry,
Sorry for your "inconvenience", but I had no idea that this situation/dilemma could occur. So the fact that you are sharing this with us may save someone the misfortune of it happening to him or her in the future. Along with for me personally thinking I should never get a laptop and try to fool around with maps for my scooter.

Harry you know well I'm dangerous as can be with a few tools in my hand, and don't need to be messing w/no computer and my scooter. :o Scooter alone I'm semi-safe, computer alone I'm reasonably secure, but the two together is a disaster waiting to happen. [smiley=nervous.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

;D
d00d,  same here. I shoulda/coulda left it alone, but NOOOOO, I have to piddle with things. [smiley=oops.gif]  I just got frustrated that my scoot wouldn't run right, and thought that maybe, just MAYBE I could . . . .  Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.  I mean, what if I actually did it? That would have been cool!  sigh.

Jerry

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2006, 08:41:19 PM »

I'll bet NO ONE in this forum has done that.

MV 2013

icybay

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: (2) 2004 SEEG B&B's ECoast & WCoast
    • CVO2: 2000 FLTRSEI B/O/W
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2006, 08:53:52 PM »

Sounds like a good excuse to me to  chitcan the factory ECM and SERT and upgrade to the Thundermax and AutoTune... [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 08:54:40 PM by icybay »

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2006, 09:18:26 PM »

Nah only shelf them so when you have to go in for something serious you can just put the ECM back on with the SERT map in and void nuthin.

Unless of course you turn off the ECM while putting the map in then your in for some really painful experiences ... but I digress anyone know if Garz is walking funny they were supposed to be looking at his bike this evening or tomorrow?

/sends Garz a kiss we all know harley isnt going to do that for him.

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2006, 02:00:41 PM »

Sounds like a good excuse to me to  chitcan the factory ECM and SERT and upgrade to the Thundermax and AutoTune... [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Icy... great minds think alike! I had the exact same thought, but my new ST 2:1 doesn't have O2 bungs.  It's like I got thrown in prison so fast I didn't have time to think about any 'protection'.  ;D :o

. . .
Unless of course you turn off the ECM while putting the map in then your in for some really painful experiences ... but I digress anyone know if Garz is walking funny they were supposed to be looking at his bike this evening or tomorrow?

/sends Garz a kiss we all know harley isnt going to do that for him.
Yer all heart, Harry :-*. Got the call this morning, and later today I'll be walking funny, alright.  Tech came in real early today to get to my bike.  Said there's nothing to be done with that ECM ("fried", I believe was the word). I don't know what all he tried, but the service writer was telling me that he was 'switching ECMs around' just to verify the verdict. (wonder if he tried my SERT with another ECM?)  
So, new ECM, new SERT, and a download = $1,100+ [smiley=skull.gif], and it'll be ready this afternoon.
 Then I mentioned to service writer that I should wait 'till "Double Points Tuesday" and get double rebate points... she said "No waiting, I'll give 'em to you today." (rebate system at dealer, gives you points equivalent to 10% rebate, spendable at the dealership) So, I got equivalent of 20% off.  Naples Dealership really tries to do what they can, especially for dumbasses like me. I did it to myself, and no, it didn't feel good. :-[

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2006, 04:01:43 PM »

Garz,

That does sting a bit.   At least you will be back to running.   When did you say that tuning session with Wes is ?   Are you headed up my way before then or are you done dinking around with the SERT until you get it tuned at Cycle Rama?

At least you can ride this weekend, just sucks they put you on the back burner for 4 days.   Only takes 10 minutes to put in a new ECM and 10 more to program in the new race tuner.

Glad your back up and running,

-harry

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2006, 11:18:00 PM »

Electric Glide with the FatBoy map, with changes to the map as recommend here, decel enleanment and AFR changes.

I noticed this mostly in Maggie Valley. This condition presents itself when running in the torque range, somewhere between 2800 - 3500 rpm.

A lot of my riding was done in the lower gears to take advantage of the torque. When I would roll back on the throttle from a coast the bike would seem to hesitate just for a fraction of a second and then "jump" right up. This made for some uncomfortable riding at times with the surge of power, especially with the
Supertrapp 2:1 and SERT
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 25 queries.