Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: 103 and Race Tuner drivability question  (Read 4996 times)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: 103 and Race Tuner drivability question
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2006, 12:33:54 AM »

Magicl1,

First thing I would suggest is making sure which injectors you have in the bike whether they are 8 degree or the 25 degree injectors.  If they are the 8 degree I would suggest getting the 25's if you have the 25's then you should be ok.  At least that way your not tuning around possible issues.  I would really only be worry about the 8 degrees of timing showing up with detonation or pinging on the top end, but depending on where it was to begin with and went up 8 degrees that can be a lot again just depends.  If you have detonation other places I would definately look into having it retuned.  Also with a bore scope you can take a look at the top of the pistons and see if there is any signs of detonation which may help you in this process.  

What are your gm/sec for the map that is loaded right now?  3.91 or 4.35 or other.   is your CID set to 103.1.  These are bout found under Tuning Constants

I am presuming your talking about 141mp002-a1.mt6 file.  #36 on the OEM calibration file Information pdf.

I am also interested if they just used the map and changed up the fuel or volumetrics a little bit and got you a flat line?  Or did he level out the fuel at all 13 and then tune by volumetrics ..

-harry

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2006, 09:56:30 PM »

Magicl1,

First thing I would suggest is making sure which injectors you have in the bike whether they are 8 degree or the 25 degree injectors.
Supertrapp 2:1 and SERT

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2006, 07:47:30 PM »

My whole situation was a thread-jack, and I apologize, but to give a final report on the bottom line of my stupidity:
$726.90, but I get a 20% store rebate, too.  Replaced ECM and SERT, downloaded basic program, then SERT #13 (where it was originally). Charged me for SERT and download, and 1.5 hrs labor, but didn't charge me for the ECM, so I got off somewhat cheaper.  He had some issue with an ECM and SERT he was trying to install, and that took some time. I wonder if I got a used ECM?  I don't care... it runs again! (with the exact same issues, though).

It'll be going to Wes 12/12... dealer trucks it up and back.  Harry, I'll be dinking with it before CycleRama! hehe... some people never learn.  All I have to remember is DON'T SHUT OFF BEFORE FINISHED!

Once again, sorry for the threadjack.
Garz
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2006, 08:31:44 PM »

Once again, sorry for the threadjack.
Garz

Well Garz

Although I already knew of this issue, this thread was certainly acceptable to hijack, in case someone else here didn't know and tried one of the suggestions as they popped up.

I suggest your penitence for hijacking be
    1 new ECM
    1 new SERT
    1 dose of "DOH!"

« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 08:32:44 PM by porthole2 »
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2006, 08:57:29 PM »

Well Garz

I suggest your penitence for hijacking be
    1 new ECM  
check
1 new SERT       check
1 dose of "DOH!"  check[/list]  

[smiley=drink.gif] for the thread author at the next CVO gathering.Double check![/list]

Glad to hear the bike will be fine. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Thanks! And, when I rode it home with the SuperTrapps... I loved the sound!!  :D
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 25 queries.