Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  All

Author Topic: Lyndall Z Pads  (Read 32853 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Lyndall Z Pads
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2008, 02:54:48 PM »

Great pads for the any amount of money. I use them on both of my bikes and could not be happier. Better stopping, less dust, and  they last a respectable amount of time. If you ever get the chance, they make great disc also which will again improve the results you get....

....but cost a small fortune! :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2008, 08:44:56 PM »

I can't remember when I installed these pads on my SEUC, but I liked them so much, that I immediately bought a set for the Sportster.  During my phone conversation with Paul Kittrell prior to my purchase, he indicated 30% more stopping power over stock.  Not sure how that percentage was calculated, but what I do know, is both of my bikes stop........Right Now!  You'll love 'em!
These brakes are great. 30% more stopping power is very realistic. They stop a lot better than stock
brake pads do. And yes I do love them. Will not use anything else now.

Mark

Muddywaters

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 SERK
« Reply #92 on: August 27, 2008, 06:23:35 PM »

Gentlemen... I have a 08 SERK with the obligated squeal... Needless to say, I've read on this site (numerous areas) about the Zyndall Z+ pads. I inturn ordered mine as well. Today Brown arrived (yeaaa!!) but with...the 7254 Gold Plus pads, ummmmm. Q. I see by Lyndalls site...that the Gold's are around 20 bucks extra...anyone use them? Or...send them back? Thanks heaps! Muddy
Save The Wave...

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2008, 08:21:21 PM »

Gentlemen... I have a 08 SERK with the obligated squeal... Needless to say, I've read on this site (numerous areas) about the Zyndall Z+ pads. I inturn ordered mine as well. Today Brown arrived (yeaaa!!) but with...the 7254 Gold Plus pads, ummmmm. Q. I see by Lyndalls site...that the Gold's are around 20 bucks extra...anyone use them? Or...send them back? Thanks heaps! Muddy

Were it me I'd send them back and get what you'd originally intended.  The Gold really aren't a daily use street pad.

Muddywaters

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 SERK
« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2008, 09:48:26 PM »

Were it me I'd send them back and get what you'd originally intended.  The Gold really aren't a daily use street pad.

Spoke to the owner (Paul Kittrell), today... He said the Gold is their top of the line pad. He said to go ahead and use them, and if I'm not completely happy he would send the Z+. I was charged for the Z+ and that would stand. Needless to say, I'll report my test...that is, when I get my ride back from Harley! Muddy
Save The Wave...

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2008, 12:42:28 AM »

Spoke to the owner (Paul Kittrell), today... He said the Gold is their top of the line pad. He said to go ahead and use them, and if I'm not completely happy he would send the Z+. I was charged for the Z+ and that would stand. Needless to say, I'll report my test...that is, when I get my ride back from Harley! Muddy

Good luck.  Might be a little hard on rotors.  Something to watch.

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2008, 09:22:57 PM »

I installed the Lyndall Z Plus Pads on my 07 SEUC before heading to the 105th. I rode in rain, high speeds and a lot of traffic. The pads worked great. No brake dust after 5,000 miles. I did get a little brake squeek when the pads were hot, it stopped when they cooled down. I will continue using them.

Scottt

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2008, 04:41:56 AM »

And your report is ........

I've asked an advise from Lyndall for my '08 CUSE3 :
Use our # 7254 G-Plus in the front calipers, and our # 7254 Z-Plus in the rear caliper.
Both are ABS compatible, both are zero dust, zero noise, rotor friendly, 30 % more stopping power, 18,000 mi plus service life.

I'm interested by your tests.

Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2008, 08:13:00 AM »

I would use the "Z" pads.  I've used both and the Z'z are much more rotor friendly and in my opinion are a lot more rider friendly under normal operating conditions.

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2008, 09:55:53 AM »

I would use the "Z" pads.  I've used both and the Z'z are much more rotor friendly and in my opinion are a lot more rider friendly under normal operating conditions.

Thanks to share your knowledge  :2vrolijk_21:
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2008, 10:04:37 PM »

I used the gold pad on my 2000 road king classic.  The bike sounded like a garbage truck with original pads and every other brand I tried.
I put the LRB gold pads on...problem solved.  They are the only brake pad I will ever use again.
Quiet, progressive feel, very little dust, great customer service.

guppy

REGGAB

« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2008, 10:06:28 PM »

Time to call Paul and order a set of Z Plus pads for the FLHR.

It never ends.

Ain't it great?   :2vrolijk_21:

PR3VS56

• Elite CVO Member
    • BlackSheep Harley-Davidsons for Christ
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2008, 10:13:58 PM »

Guys, I haven't read the whole thread, but I DO have experience with the Z+ pads.  They're great UNLESS you're in heavy rain.  THEY WILL FAIL IF THEY GET WET ENOUGH. 

I read several posts back & forth on this subject on another board, and I was one who said they worked fine in the rain.  That is, until I was caught in a serious downpour.  The Z+ will fail in heavy rain, believe me.  It was a very scary moment for me, low visibility, heading for an intersection with NO BRAKES.  Not fun. 

Do the Lyndall Gold + pads.  No wet weather problems.   :2vrolijk_21:

Redline V-Twin Syn 20W50 (winter), 20W60 (summer) in the crank case.
Redline Heavy Shockproof in the tranny.
Amsoil Super Shift Syn ATF in the primary.

REGGAB

« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2008, 10:19:41 PM »

Guys, I haven't read the whole thread, but I DO have experience with the Z+ pads.  They're great UNLESS you're in heavy rain.  THEY WILL FAIL IF THEY GET WET ENOUGH. 

I read several posts back & forth on this subject on another board, and I was one who said they worked fine in the rain.  That is, until I was caught in a serious downpour.  The Z+ will fail in heavy rain, believe me.  It was a very scary moment for me, low visibility, heading for an intersection with NO BRAKES.  Not fun. 

Do the Lyndall Gold + pads.  No wet weather problems.   :2vrolijk_21:

News to me.  I've been caught in some frog stranglin' turd floatin' downpours with Z Plus pads in the past two years...........and have NEVER had a failure.  Not one.  Solid as a rock!  I've even had the rear ones get oil soaked due to the dipstick popping out.  A little brake cleaner fixed them up, and they were good enough to get me home.

I'm just sayin'

PR3VS56

• Elite CVO Member
    • BlackSheep Harley-Davidsons for Christ
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2008, 11:38:31 PM »

News to me.  I've been caught in some frog stranglin' turd floatin' downpours with Z Plus pads in the past two years...........and have NEVER had a failure.  Not one.  Solid as a rock!  I've even had the rear ones get oil soaked due to the dipstick popping out.  A little brake cleaner fixed them up, and they were good enough to get me home.

I'm just sayin'

I hear ya, and that was me until it happened ONCE.  Once was more than enough.  I don't know why the difference that one time, but it made a believer out of me.  If you check their website, it mentions the water advantage for the Gold +

From their website:

The Gold Plus compound is our latest advancement in high performance friction materials. This racing formula offers extreme stopping power in both wet and dry conditions. Dust and rotor wear are eliminated. This proprietary blend of organics and trace iron requires no break-in and can see over 18,000 miles.

(the wet & dry is exactly like that on their website:  bold & red)

For the Z+

Our Z Plus compound is a softened version of the Gold Plus compound. It is excellent for general purpose riding and offers a high coefficient of friction. This is the most rotor friendly pad in the industry. It produces no dust, and no noise. The service life generally averages about 18,000 miles.

They're the same price.  Why not go for the Gold Plus pads?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 11:43:34 PM by PR3VS56 »

Redline V-Twin Syn 20W50 (winter), 20W60 (summer) in the crank case.
Redline Heavy Shockproof in the tranny.
Amsoil Super Shift Syn ATF in the primary.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  All

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 21 queries.