Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Rineharts and 110  (Read 3079 times)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: Rineharts and 110
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2006, 01:49:26 PM »

Hey 10,
Call Mike Turner (Service Manager) at Augusta HD.

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2006, 05:47:30 PM »

Thank you for ypur input. I will call Mike. Did you have to get the pipes on your own and have him install or did he do it all for you? Thanks again & Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. AJ

Augusta HD is getting the pipes for me.  I know I could buy them a little cheaper someplace else, but, if there's a problem with them later the HD store will handle it.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2006, 03:13:32 PM »

Savannah HD has a new Service Manager starting in a few weeks. Called today and said the SERT would void all warranty. I don't get this.

Unfortunately, the dealers, because they are independent, can tell you what they want as far as warranty being voided.  Technically, the only dealers that can say the SERT voids the warranty, would be in California, and the other few North East states that follow CA's CARB requirements.  The sale and use of the SERT on-road in those states is illegal supposedly and would in essence, be breaking the law, hence the warranty issue.  My dealer told me that they have never had a warranty issue or problem honoring the warranty, as long as they were the ones to install the original mods.  Which my duals, ovals, SERT, and SE AC was installed by.  I got the 7 year full-blown warranty, and that exact thing was a concern of mine...they assured me, in writing, no less, that I have nothing to worry about.  Now, if I had done the install myself....well, that would have been another story.   I would recommend you find a new dealer, that's not only willing to take your money for the extended warranty, but back it up too, even with the mods.
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2006, 08:47:26 PM »

Red,
Notice you're from F'burg.  I'm just up the road in Woodbridge.  B/O coming in after first of year.  Which dealer are you refering to?  I deal with Waugh's for the most part.  They've always honored warranty work on my rides - as long as they did the original install.
TC

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2006, 09:59:44 PM »

Red,
Notice you're from F'burg.

2012 FLHXSE3

Woop De Doo

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2006, 10:41:08 PM »

Ordered my Rinehard T/D's today. Expect them to be in within a couple of weeks. Paid $730 for them and $70 for the install. Also got the Zippers A/C for $115. The next opening on the dyno is Jan 11th and I took that. The dyno is $300. Mine will be the third 110 that this shop has done. Now the debate, wait until I get the dyno to install the true duals and the a/c and SERT or pull a "Balanced" Harry and put the hardware on and run them before I get the dyno. BTW, neither of the HD dealers in our town(St Pete) will do the Rinehards and the dyno. Suits me as I am not comfortable with their work anyway.

Don S

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2006, 03:24:49 PM »

Ordered my Rinehard T/D's today. Expect them to be in within a couple of weeks. Paid $730 for them and $70 for the install. Also got the Zippers A/C for $115. The next opening on the dyno is Jan 11th and I took that. The dyno is $300. Mine will be the third 110 that this shop has done. Now the debate, wait until I get the dyno to install the true duals and the a/c and SERT or pull a "Balanced" Harry and put the hardware on and run them before I get the dyno. BTW, neither of the HD dealers in our town(St Pete) will do the Rinehards and the dyno. Suits me as I am not comfortable with their work anyway.

2012 FLHXSE3

Woop De Doo

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2006, 04:39:59 PM »

RedDevil
     Do you know if they used map #84 for the SERT??
  Thanks
   Don S

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2006, 04:44:07 PM »

Red,

Be sure and get a copy the map from them when you do the dyno at 1k.  I've got the same rig (cept with A/N Big sucker) with the 84map and I'll paypal you some cash for a copy of your new map.  (I'm a cheap B*stard aren't I???    ;) )

Thanks,

Mark
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 04:45:11 PM by nixobilly »

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2006, 07:45:39 PM »

RedDevil

2012 FLHXSE3

hdfatboy

• Full CVO Member
  • Pain is Mandatory. Misery is Optional.
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2006, 11:57:07 AM »

My take so far,

This is a must have upgrade.

Woop De Doo

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2006, 03:33:25 PM »

QUOTE FROM UnBaLaNcEd HARRY ON NOV 20
[highlight]I used the Chrome Back Plate and Zippers Air Cleaner not the extended one.[/highlight]

Harry
    Do you have a part number or something to help me get the right Zippers Air Cleaner?

Thanks
     Don S

cigarmike

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2006, 08:33:51 PM »

Red,

Be sure and get a copy the map from them when you do the dyno at 1k.

cigarmike

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2006, 08:35:14 PM »

Is using the same map from the Dyno'ed bike going to work correctly on another bike, even is they are the same exact mods??. Just wondering??

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2006, 09:01:12 PM »

Is using the same map from the Dyno'ed bike going to work correctly on another bike, even is they are the same exact mods??. Just wondering??
cigar,
I was going to use the map from another CVO ultra that my dealer was going to set up exactly like mine, but he didn't get it dyno'd before I picked up my bike.   The told me that in about 95% of the tunes, that map from one bike with the same set up will work perfectly for another.   They also stated that if it didn't, the dyno time would be reduced drastically because they would already have a custom map to work with as the baseline....so I guess a long answer to your question would be....it should. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Red

2012 FLHXSE3

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.328 seconds with 24 queries.