Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Rineharts and 110  (Read 3081 times)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Rineharts and 110
« on: November 18, 2006, 08:24:29 PM »

My take so far,

This is a must have upgrade.  The bike is running SO much better.   Picked the bike up about 2 hours ago.   The dealer put in writing that my warranty is unscathed by adding the pipes, air cleaner and SERT. (huge relief)

They took care of the headlight by adjusting it up, it was way to low.   They also adjusted my passsing lamps up as well.   Had them double check the neck as the steering was a bit off / tight and found they needed to add a lot of grease to it.   Maybe it got passed over in the PDI or just missed either way its resolved now.

The bike runs a ton better now and cars can hear me and I can see at night, so most of my complaints / concerns have already been rectified.   Cams and Radio firmware will get resolved it will just take some more time.  

I highly recommend opening up the pipes / AC / SERT its a day and night difference the bike now feels like it has some ponies and a bit of a power band which were really depressing me before these changes.  

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Rineharts and 110
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 08:41:12 PM »

Glad to hear you are happy with the results of your mods/tune, Harry.  I'm working on my lights tomorrow in prep for the Tampa trip, in case we get caught after dark on the road.

It's amazing the difference opening these bikes up and letting them flow some air can make.  From what I heard talking to the guy who tuned my bike today, the 110's and 96's are REALLY restricted, even more than the 103's were.  It's good to hear your dealer is going to take care of you...I think I may have found a guy who can do some work that I can trust and have confidence in.  Wish I could say the same for my dealer....

Thanks for your help, and glad to hear things are turning out to meet your expectations!!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 08:12:57 PM »

Anyone have a link on adjusting the headlights properly? I feel that the lights on mu Smurf are lacking compared to my 05 Ultra.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 09:45:29 PM »

Rob,

The tech and the service writer took my bike out in to the parking lot after dark and positioned it next to an 05 that was aimed at the building wall, at I forget how many feet what ever it says in the manual, and then raised the headlamp to match the pattern in height to the 05's pattern.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 09:48:25 PM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 10:53:33 PM »

Anyone have a link on adjusting the headlights properly? I feel that the lights on mu Smurf are lacking compared to my 05 Ultra.
Rob,

Standard alignment procedure calls for a level surface with a wall or screen 25 feet from the headlamp.
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 06:53:35 AM »

Perfect! Thanks Jerry. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

WildClyde

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 FLHXSE
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 02:02:48 PM »

I highly recommend opening up the pipes / AC / SERT its a day and night difference the bike now feels like it has some ponies and a bit of a power band which were really depressing me before these changes.

Harry,

Can you please tell us exactly which parts you used, where you got them, and what SERT map you used? There are so many threads on this stuff, I need a summary of what works. And since you are happy I would like to hear from you.

Thanks,

Clyde

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 03:37:07 PM »

Harry,

Can you please tell us exactly which parts you used, where you got them, and what SERT map you used? There are so many threads on this stuff, I need a summary of what works. And since you are happy I would like to hear from you.

Thanks,

Clyde

Clyde,

Just another perspective. I installed the Basani's true duals, K&N Filter from HD, SERT, and MAP #84. I also installed the V&H true duals which look and sound nice to me. It really does make a night and day difference as far as driveability and performance.

Rob

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 04:43:28 PM »

WildClyde,

I used the Rineharts True Dual model for the 07 with o2 bungs  part number 1-800-0434
I used the Roll your own SE Air Cleaner kit.  What I changed from Harleys Kit is that I used the Chrome Back Plate and Zippers Air Cleaner not the extended one.
I then used the SERT a modified version of the map 84.   I have not had the bike down for a finite tune yet, but I am going to run it this way for a little while until after the holiday and then go spend a few hours on the dyno fine tuning the bike.

Personally I did not go with the VH due to I like the idea of a stepped header by Rineharts and the warranty that they give is 2nd to none.   I have not tried the Bassani true duals a buddy Mackcr had them on his roadking, but was never happy with the True Duals those that have went with the Road Rage 2 into 1 have been very satisfied with its performance gains.

-harry

Hey Robmay is it true your in Ocala ??
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 04:47:34 PM by Unbalanced »

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 08:56:53 PM »

WildClyde,

Hey Robmay is it true your in Ocala ??

Yessir!! Did a Map point on Debary....... only 70 miles away. I ride 40 to 17 tp 92 all the time when I go to Daytona. We will have to hook up sometime.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 10:08:42 PM »

... The dealer put in writing that my warranty is unscathed by adding the pipes, air cleaner and SERT. (huge relief)...

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 10:20:59 PM »

And they want $1895 for that warranty that they will void if I buy the SERT from them and have it installed by them.  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=nervous.gif]

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2006, 12:37:42 AM »

Hard10,

Sorry its what I was talking about its dealer / relationship dependent.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 12:39:10 AM by Unbalanced »

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2006, 07:21:11 AM »

Savannah HD has a new Service Manager starting in a few weeks. Called today and said the SERT would void all warranty. I don't get this.

Like Harry said, I'd hunt me another dealer.  One guy on here had a motor go bad (an 06 CUSE...can't find the thread) and he had a SERT and pipes on his.  The dealer/MOCO phone tech gave him chit about it at first, but they ended up giving him a new motor.  The law says that the mods you make have to be a direct CAUSE of the problem.  From what I've read on here about the temps the 110's are running on the rear cylinder, a case could easily be made that the SERT is HELPING the motor run more efficiently/safely.  Some of the temps reported on the rear cylinder are to the point of ruining even the best synthetic oil.  They might get you on EPA issues, but they'd have a hard time with anything else.  They say the SERT is "for racing only", but how many people do you know who are actually using it in that application?  HD would have a hard time defending themselves on that issue based on years of past practices.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2006, 08:42:23 AM »

Savannah HD has a new Service Manager starting in a few weeks. Called today and said the SERT would void all warranty. I don't get this.

Hey 10,
Call Mike Turner (Service Manager) at Augusta HD.  706 651-0444.  Only about 150 mikes from Beaufort.  He'll take care of you!  I'm waiting for Rineharts to arrive to have them change mine over.  Mike assured me that warranty won't be a problem after the SERT is installed. Plus, they are very good with a dyno!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 24 queries.