Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sirius XM subsription pricing  (Read 2520 times)

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
Sirius XM subsription pricing
« on: January 31, 2014, 08:17:18 PM »

Harleys come with XM
My Ram came with Sirius
My wife's Acura came with XM

All with a 1 year free trial.

Sirius and XM are 1 company and you would think there would be a deal having 3 subscriptions.

Unfortunately they STILL deal separately.

Just wondering what everyone is paying for their subscriptions on either system?

After my 1 year trial was up on the wife's car we didn't renew.
Last fall I renewed the wife's XM for 6 months for $24. which is coming due.

Now that my 1 year trial is up on my Ram Sirius wanted $75. for the next year which they said was $100. off!
After discussing it for a few minutes I managed to get 1 year sub for $50. and was told to get in touch with XM for the same deal.

I plan on getting in touch with XM in the next few days to deal with the Acura and my Harley and as mentioned above, was wondering what is the going rate???

Thanks!
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

revolver

Re: Sirius XM subsription pricing
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 08:43:37 PM »

Its charge me 12$ for my Ford , and want 12 & more for portative in m'y bike , but just wait in march , its say we have à dill for You

fred786

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2018 FLHCS 114
    • CVO3: 2016 FLHXSE Traded
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 07:41:53 AM »

Renewed the bike for $75 for 1yr back in Sept as apposed to the automatic renewal notice I received at $165.  Had to ask for customer retention call takers as the first guy had no authority to deal.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 09:13:39 AM »

in my car i was doing the $77 per year rate for a couple of years.  they want to set you up on autorenew with a credit card so that they can automatically bill you the $165 rate.  i tell them to 'invoice me' when it is due.  for the past couple of years, when it would come due, i would get them to transfer me to retention and just tell them that i didn't think it was worth the full $165, that i didn't listen much, and i was thinking of letting it lapse.  they would then offer me 6 months at $24.  one time, though, they would not offer me any deals so i told them to let it lapse.  after a week, they were calling me on the phone begging me to come back for the $24 rate.  even gave me a free portable unit that i gave to my kid so she could use it in her car.

the important thing is you've got to be able to stick to your guns and let it lapse if they call your bluff.  they will hound you to the ends of the earth to get you to come back.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

UAV Pilot

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 07:34:38 AM »

I agree with previous. Never Never Never Ever give them your credit card.  Always make them invoice you.  At one time my wife and I had 3 subscriptions to auto renew and found it when the credit card showed an almost 500 dollar charge from XM.  After literally hours on the phone we were able to get the charges reversed.  Worst customer service of any business I have ever dealt with.  But......XM and Sirrius are the only games in town for satellite so its a necessary evil.
Better to Remain Silent and Thought a Fool, Than To Open One's Mouth and Remove All Doubt......Abraham Lincoln

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 01:25:13 PM »

At one time I had 4 XM/Sirius accounts. Never ever gave them a CC #. Went thru the cust retention bullchit everytime it was time to renew. Finally got tired of the whole deal. With two teenagers in my house, they buy songs off I tunes by the bucket load, so I just pick and choose from that list. My son likes country, my daughter likes blues and rock so I have a lot to choose from. Currently I have over 1700 songs on my phone and 0 satellite accounts.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

garretn

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE CVO Ultra Limited, Stardust Silver, Autumn Sunset
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 11:02:05 PM »

I think the last time I renewed I paid about $70 for a yr.  It took some work like others have said telling them you just want to cancel the service and they start dealing. I have had them give me 3 months free and then call back after that time is up and get the $70 a yr deal.  Frankly with all the other media sources available I don't know why I still continue to spend money with them but I do.

ultrafan

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 02:02:54 PM »

I paid $500.00 for mine lifetime subscription and can change radios 3 times.

ultrarider123

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 02:17:48 PM »

Don't know about the separate billing deal but I've had Sirius in the Fusion (and F250 which is now long gone).  DO NOT DO the credit card thing....ask for invoice sent to the house.  Costs a dollar more to do that but they don't have my credit card.  Renew at the end of each 6 months....just as some others have already described.  $24 for 6 months of service beats the full retail...

To address the seperate billing deal....I just purchased a used Colorado (2011) that had XM and got 3 months free.  When I called to activate, they linked the XM information from the Colorado to my Sirius account we already established with the Ford.  When I log into the website ( siriusxm.com ), both the Ford with sirius and the Chevy with XM show up.  Would assume that since they are the same company, you wouldn't have to have seperate bills.... ;D

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 20 queries.