Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Removal of HFSM Security System from 07-later HD's  (Read 19212 times)

Justice

• MT

• CVO1: 2007 FXDSE Screamin’ Eagle Dyna
    • CVO2: 2016 FXSE CVO Pro Street Breakout
Removal of HFSM Security System from 07-later HD's
« on: March 17, 2014, 12:10:51 AM »

I am constantly having electrical issues with my bike, and intuitively I feel it has everything to do with this alarm system.
Dead FOB batteries have left me stranded twice, and God forbid I just get on my bike and go... without my trusty FOB in hand.

I want to know how exactly to remove the system altogether.
If I have to have the dealership do it, I'd be willing to go that route, but ideally I'd like to remove it myself.
There's got to be a way! Please help!!

Justice

• MT

Re: Removal of HFSM Security System from 07-later HD's
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 12:53:12 AM »

Could it really be as easy as replacing the HFSM with a standard TSM Turn Signal Module, and going through the steps of recoding the system?

In the next step, we're going to have the bike's ignition (and lighting) on for more than half an hour, so here's the part where we plug in a 2 amp battery charger to keep things live. With the battery charger hooked up, perform the following:

1. Be sure the ignition has been OFF for 15 seconds or more before starting the procedure.
2. Set Run/Off switch to RUN.
3. Turn ignition key on, do not start. Verify that the Check Engine Light and Security Light come on, and wait for them to go out.
4. Attempt a normal start with the Start button. Engine should come to life and then die. The Check Engine Light should light up and stay on.
5. Wait ten seconds. The Security Light now comes on. The ECM has now entered communication mode with the TSM for the next ten minutes. Look at your watch and do something else for the next ten minutes, but don't shut off the bike, let the battery die, flip any switches, or unplug anything electrical. Just polish the fenders or something.
6. In ten minutes, the security light will turn off. Within 15 seconds, turn the ignition key Off and back On. This Off-On motion should be crisp, completed in two seconds or less. The Security Light comes back on, and you have another ten minute wait.
7. When the Security light goes out again, repeat step six.
8. When the Security Light goes out this time, do the Off-On thing, then when the Security Light comes back on again, shut the ignition OFF. Wait at least 15 seconds, during which time you should be (carefully) unplugging your battery charger (unplug from the wall outlet, then from the bike, right...?).
9. With 15 seconds or more gone by, turn your ignition on, confirm the Run button, confirm neutral, and start your bike. You've created a happy marriage between your ECM and the new TSM, and you no longer have to worry about having a key fob or memorizing a security code. Now you can just worry about someone riding off with your bike whilst you're suckin down a brew in the local pub - use the fork lock!
If you're like me, you'll never remember all this two years from now when you're selling your bike, so print this out, take the battery out of your key fob, and put the fob, TSSM, and this paper in a ziplock bag and store it wherever you would go to look for it two years from now. Happy riding!

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/ignition-tuner-ecm-fuel-injection/609316-completely-disabling-buttonless-fob-security-systems-07-up.html

JustDennis

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: 2005 VRSCSE Light/Dark Cherry
    • CVO3: 2008 Ford F150 Harley Edition - Supercharged
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 11:08:38 AM »

Could it really be as easy as replacing the HFSM with a standard TSM Turn Signal Module, and going through the steps of recoding the system?
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/ignition-tuner-ecm-fuel-injection/609316-completely-disabling-buttonless-fob-security-systems-07-up.html

I think it is.  I went the other way on my 2008 FLHT.  Just found the right TSM with security module replaced and went to the Harley dealer to flash the ECM so it knew I had the alarm.  Sounds like this is just the reverse.  I kept the old TSSM and HD said I could just go back if I wanted to remove the alarm.
Ride Safe,
JustDennis

Coyote.

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 SE Ultra - Buried in the back yard where it belongs.
    • CVO2: Already learned that lesson
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 07:04:54 PM »

Installing a TSM followed by marrying it to the ECM will indeed work. I believe setting the FOB codes to all 0's will do it as well.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 07:13:22 PM »

if you try to change an existing pin code to '0', you can't.  it cycles 1 through 9 only.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Coyote.

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 07:14:31 PM »

I didn't say to change the PIN code.

Justice

• MT

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 12:51:47 AM »

I ordered a TSM module on ebay for half the price of the dealer, and when I have it installed and married to the ECM, I will share the good news... :2vrolijk_21:

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 06:21:33 AM »

I didn't say to change the PIN code.

i thought that was what you were talking about when you said to change the fob code to all zeroes.  where else do you set a code?

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 07:30:58 AM »

i thought that was what you were talking about when you said to change the fob code to all zeroes.  where else do you set a code?

There is a code inside the security FOB, takes special equipment to change it. I think thats what the OM is talking about.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 10:07:00 AM »

When Howie was doing all the stuff he did to Cybil several years ago he wanted to dump the alarm function for awhile and tried swapping a TSSM for a TSM.  At least then, with that bike, and with the shop attempting the work he wasn't able to get the swap done successfully.  Will be interesting to see how this effort pans out.

Coyote.

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 10:16:00 AM »

I've changed quite a few back and forth. But I'm using a Techno Centurion to do the programming. Takes way to long to do it manually. I'm sure doing it manually works but if you mess up any part of any step you have to start over.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2014, 09:03:52 PM »

so, did you get it done yet?  did it work?

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 24 queries.