Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Titan Lifts Red 1500XLT Motorcycle Lift  (Read 11301 times)

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 Titanium/Black FLHRSE6
Titan Lifts Red 1500XLT Motorcycle Lift
« on: March 23, 2014, 10:51:51 PM »

I'm thinking about buying one of these for my garage and was wondering if anyone has experience with it? There's a lot of info and a video at this link. http://www.jpcycles.com/product/920-496 but there is better pricing on eBay. Any input?

Thanks,

Joe
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 10:54:15 PM by JoeVibe »

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
Re: Titan Lifts Red 1500XLT Motorcycle Lift
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 07:34:36 AM »

Will you have to store the lift when not in use or will it be fine where it sits?

That lift goes pretty high which could be good depending on what you are using it for.

I saw it had a rear wheel drop out, that is nice.

Look to see if the bar in the front wheel clamp is removable so you can roll the front wheel out from under the bike if need be.

Purchase a scissor jack also...
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 07:57:15 AM »

Hi Puzzled,

My thought was to leave it in the middle of the bay and parking my bike on it. Do you see that being an issue? It has casters so I could move it Into the corner if necessary.

At about $400/service at the dealer, I figured that alone would pay for the lift fairly quickly and it would nice to be able to clean the bike and do the things I do without rolling around on the floor.

I believe the front clamp is removable, I'll check. I know the bar that runs horizontally across the clamp is removable. What is the roller plate used for? I can see cleaning the wheel but is there another use?

I was looking at the scissors jack as an option. I'll pick one up if I decide to buy the lift.

Thanks for the feedback,

Joe

mark

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 08:22:32 AM »

Regarding parking the bike on the lift:  I park my bike on a lift and found the front wheel clamp to be sort of a pain - every time you park the bike, you'll have to get off, balance the bike with one hand and use your other hand to tighten the clamp.  You'll probably want a little extra insurance, so plan on placing a scissor jack under the frame for more stability.  I plan on mounting my Bike Pro wheel chock to my lift, which will be more user friendly for daily use.  This allows you to ride onto the lift, pop the front wheel into the chock and get off without having to tighten a clamp, balance the bike, or use a scissor jack for stability.  BTW, your back and knees with love having a lift table.

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 10:37:56 AM »

I bought a lift for the same reason you are looking for one.  The dealer wanted way too much for a simple oil change.  In the end, I find myself doing most of my own work now.

While I found I could park my bike on my lift, it was a chore to do so.  Other then chalking it down which is dangerous with one person, I really did not want to leave it on the jiffy stand.  I also found that getting the bike on and off the lift was something I had to pay attention to.  Was not quite as simple as pulling into the garage and hopping off the bike.

Also, it looks like the lift you are looking at includes the side extensions which are handy.  My lift did not come with side extensions and I am glad I ordered them.  My lift would have been too narrow for me to safely move around on and I really did not want a 900 lbs motorcycle on top of me if my fool slipped.  It is bad enough dropping your bike on the ground and could be down right deadly dropping it off a 1.5' high table since the engine and bag guards won't protect the bike from rolling over you.

It looks like the Titan has a diamond plate finish which is nice.  My lift was smooth and I ended up getting some 6" non-slip tape and ran it down the center of the lift and sides.  While I did not use the lift before I installed the tape, I am sure it helps getting the proper traction for both the bike and the feet.

And as previously mentioned, a scissor jack is very handy.  I wish I had order two instead of one.

In the end, I rather be safe then sorry.

:oops: :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 10:39:31 AM by charles05663 »
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 04:36:09 AM »

What's wrong with Craftsman? I bought one back in '05 for $90.00 on sale at Sears Hardware ...used it on my old CVO bike for while and it also lifted my RGU just fine for 2.5 years. I then sold it to a buddy for $50.00 since my Duc has a centerstand and I had no use for it anymore. He uses it to lift his trike and loves it. For the $40.00 I had in that thing over the years ... it paid me for all my tinkering on my bikes and was plenty stable,  never even used the straps.   
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

mark

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 09:46:35 AM »

What's wrong with Craftsman? I bought one back in '05 for $90.00 on sale at Sears Hardware ...used it on my old CVO bike for while and it also lifted my RGU just fine for 2.5 years. I then sold it to a buddy for $50.00 since my Duc has a centerstand and I had no use for it anymore. He uses it to lift his trike and loves it. For the $40.00 I had in that thing over the years ... it paid me for all my tinkering on my bikes and was plenty stable,  never even used the straps.
I think JoeVibe is talking about a lift table vs a jack.

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 05:11:43 PM »

I think JoeVibe is talking about a lift table vs a jack.

Mark is correct. I have a really nice jack but I want the convenience of a table lift.

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 01:31:49 AM »

Mark is correct. I have a really nice jack but I want the convenience of a table lift.

10-4, both would be great if you have the room and the $ ... I didn't have either.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 09:04:03 AM »

10-4, both would be great if you have the room and the $ ... I didn't have either.

I understand.  :2vrolijk_21: I just got tired of rolling around on the floor of my garage and I know that's not gonna get any easier as I get even older.

This has been a three step process for me:

1) Find a lift I liked and could afford - done.
2) Make room in the garage - done.
3) Get the money together to buy it........work in progress.

krypto2011

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2014, 06:58:30 AM »

I bought a table lift 4 or 5 years ago and it was one of the wisest investments I made. My bike is always parked on it. I looked around and asked questions so I could make a truly informed purchase. I would recommend along with a poster above to go with the rocker clamp design for the front tire. I can drive in my driveway, open my garage door and drive right up onto the lift. The front tire locks into the rocker clamp. I can then dismount without the worry of the bike tipping over. I then slide the scissor under it and just crank it up till it touches for added stability. I have seen the screw style clamps for the front tires on lifts and could see that being a PIA. Just my .02$
Oh yea one other note, I purchased my lift at the local Napa for $1250.00 and hot the scissor on eBay for $150.00
2011 SESG Krypto/Black Diamond, SE 259e cams, SE 5.3 injectors, HPI 58mm throttle body, heads ported and polished, V&H power duals, CFR mufflers, SE race tuner, SE high flow air filter

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2014, 12:42:02 PM »

Find a lift. cut out the concrete floor and recess.

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2014, 12:49:46 PM »

Find a lift. cut out the concrete floor and recess.

I like that!  :2vrolijk_21:

Owner of Skye

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2014, 12:26:16 AM »

I have a Harbor Freight lift and its great for working on the bike. If I had the lift mounted into the floor, I would keep the bike on it --but I do not feel confident standing next to the bike to take it on or off the lift. When I do put the bike on the lift, I need to put extenders on so I have more balance when I ride it on and straddle it while backing it off. That is way too much work for every day use as I ride most days.  However, I do store my wifes bike on it since it weighs less than 500 pounds and is easy to handle on and off when she rides.

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2015, 07:31:33 PM »

I started researching this last March and after ONLY 10 months, I got it done!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.222 seconds with 20 queries.