Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Harley Tri Glide  (Read 8008 times)

PinkE

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Harley Tri Glide
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2014, 11:50:10 AM »

Those look like training wheels to me, I don't like them, but to each his own.  I've never had the so called tippiness in turns that many Triglides complain about, maybe cause mine is a tad wider and a little lower to the ground...Maybe I just haven't taken a turn fast enough yet, don't know... :nixweiss:
MY Broom is an `04 FLHTCUI Lehman Trike and I Love flyin on it!!!

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2014, 04:47:18 PM »

I agree with Cam, sure would be more like riding a scooter. They do look a little sissy, but when I get to old to hold up my ride, WGAF what people think!!!!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2014, 03:04:49 PM »

I have a FLHTCUI 04 with the Lehman conversion, I LOVE it, mine sits a little lower to the ground than the Triglide, I also have the Easy steer kit, Independent suspension and Air Ride...I have no problem like said to always pushing and pulling the handlebars, I just sit there and steer it.  I've had 3 previous 2 wheelers, and let me tell ya, I would NEVER go back.  I LOVE my trike.  I've heard the Triglides have some steering issues, that may be the reason people sell them and go with the conversion kits out there. Uh, my feet come no where near the ground, and the Triglides sit higher.

Just beautiful Sue!  I can't wait to see it in person.  Maybe I can talk you into letting me take a spin on it sometime.   :P
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

PinkE

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2014, 07:08:07 PM »

Sure can Judy, I think you would be surprised how nice it drives, I bet Mango could handle this trike.  Lol

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2014, 01:15:57 AM »

I guess it would be the smart thing for me to ride but can't get my head around the idea.
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

PinkE

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2014, 08:44:18 AM »

Correction, my trike does not have independent rear suspension, that's why it rides so nice, it does not lean in the turns as independent suspensions do...

1sharpedkg, why don't you take a ride at your local Harley dealer, don't even tell anyone, there are more and more of them on the road, a lot of people, like me, start having balance issues when they get older, I'm 63 and noticed it, just didn't feel comfortable on a 2 wheeler.  Now, I am so confident of my riding abilities, it's just like riding a 4 wheeler (ATV) only you can go on highways...I think you might be surprised, AND if you like it, you can have your Harley converted easily like mine is...If you lived closer I'd let you try mine.

owl893

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Autumn Haze
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2014, 02:59:50 PM »

As I reach the social security/medicare threshold I have considered a trike. So far I have tried the Harley, the CanAm and the Honda. I would have to admit, the Honda Goldwing trike conversion by American Trike Co. using the Champion kit with independent suspension was pretty sweet.

The CanAm just isn't a motorcycle experience (IMHO) it is more like a snow machine ride. Harley's are ok; fun, kinda "bulky" feeling and are a little more like riding a two wheeler (I said a little).  The GW conversion  http://americantrikeco.com (check out the gallery) was smooth, fast, easy to operate, and very appealing. This may be the next step for me, but I hope in the distant future, as cool as it is, it just isn't the same.

OWL
1961 DUO GLIDE, 1979 FLH, 1999 FXDWG, 2001 FXSTS, 2003 FLHRCI, 2004 FLSTCI, 2005 FLHT, 2006 FLHXI, 2011 FLHXSE2

fred786

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2018 FLHCS 114
    • CVO3: 2016 FLHXSE Traded
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2014, 07:44:15 AM »

I certainly agree that a Trike is not for everyone, and it was not for me for years.  However knee surgery and bad hips put me in a position that I could no longer confidently balance the bike with my wife and a load of luggage.  So I started looking an researching.  I loved everything about my bike so going to a Tri-Glide was not an option.  I decided on a Hannigan kit.  Full independent rear suspension, 5 gal auxiliary fuel tank, trunk that doubled the old capacity of the saddle bags, while keeping full ABS, old exhaust, and added a Champion mechanical reverse.  I do take a little heat from my metric friends however as the rear suspension is based off the Honda CRX sports car.  The Hannigan and Roadsmith kits are the widest at 58.5 inches in the rear that gives it a great ride and very well balanced for cornering.  She can keep up with the 2 wheelers no problem.  Hannigan was also one of the extremely few companies that would paint match the kit with the original bike and they did an awesome job.  So IMO I ended up with the best of both worlds as she sounds and pulls like the old days, but I now no longer have to worry if this is the time my knee gives out and I dump my girl.  Again, not for everyone, but I have no regrets.

fred786

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2014, 07:55:58 AM »

Rear shot.

PinkE

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2014, 01:41:53 PM »

That's a beauty Fred...love the paint and the colors are awesome...Don't you love the trunk space on these things?

fred786

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2014, 02:38:43 PM »

Well my wife does!  Lol :bananarock:

DaBigNuttedMan

• Steered & Geared by DaBigNuttedMan
  • Elite CVO Member
  • No Skool Straight F Fuc_ PowerCustom PypeDaShi_

• CVO1: 2011 RoadGlide Ultra Screamin Eagle
    • CVO2: 1969 Rupp Roadster chromed up Shriner Special
    • CVO3: Grasshopper 725 w/48" snothrower
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2014, 09:31:21 PM »

I certainly agree that a Trike is not for everyone, and it was not for me for years.  However knee surgery and bad hips put me in a position that I could no longer confidently balance the bike with my wife and a load of luggage.  So I started looking an researching.  I loved everything about my bike so going to a Tri-Glide was not an option.  I decided on a Hannigan kit.  Full independent rear suspension, 5 gal auxiliary fuel tank, trunk that doubled the old capacity of the saddle bags, while keeping full ABS, old exhaust, and added a Champion mechanical reverse.  I do take a little heat from my metric friends however as the rear suspension is based off the Honda CRX sports car.  The Hannigan and Roadsmith kits are the widest at 58.5 inches in the rear that gives it a great ride and very well balanced for cornering.  She can keep up with the 2 wheelers no problem.  Hannigan was also one of the extremely few companies that would paint match the kit with the original bike and they did an awesome job.  So IMO I ended up with the best of both worlds as she sounds and pulls like the old days, but I now no longer have to worry if this is the time my knee gives out and I dump my girl.  Again, not for everyone, but I have no regrets.
killer trike Fred  killer, how does the aux fuel tank work?  thanks Randy
Life begins just outside your comfort zone and you havent lived until you push a full dress harley on a hot day up a grade because your low mile twincam fell apart, and your convinced it's to bitchen to leave it there.           Ugh pardon me but do you have any beer?

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2014, 09:58:12 PM »

Rear shot.
Gotta say, best looking trike I have ever seen!
Alan

mamacdonald

• my cvo
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2014, 12:06:11 AM »

That looks awesome :carrot:  glad you like it

fred786

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2014, 06:37:00 AM »

Randy.  Auxiliary tank has an electric fuel pump with a toggle switch on the inner fairing.  It works when driving or stationary.  Just switch it on and watch the gas gauge go up!  It really increases the range of the bike now that I have 11 gallons available.  There is a marine grade stainless fill port on the top right fender of the kit.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 20 queries.