Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New tire from Surdyke  (Read 1477 times)

WVHoop

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012FLHXSE3

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus Antique Gunstock, Screamin' Eagle Pro Super Tuner,V&H True Duals, Turn Down Slip Ons, Windsplitter Windscreen, Mustang Solo Seat, AK-20's, Penske Shocks, WO 575's
New tire from Surdyke
« on: April 05, 2014, 07:40:09 PM »

Ordered a new front tire from Surdyke.com & this is what I received. I have sent them 2 emails with photos but have not heard back from anyone there yet. Called the dealership but was told that email is the only way of corresponding with them. Has anyone ever dealt with this dealer before?

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: New tire from Surdyke
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 07:46:30 PM »

Ordered a new front tire from Surdyke.com & this is what I received. I have sent them 2 emails with photos but have not heard back from anyone there yet. Called the dealership but was told that email is the only way of corresponding with them. Has anyone ever dealt with this dealer before?

Surdyke the dealership and Surdyke the online store are two separate operations (related, but separate).  That's why calling the dealership got you nowhere.  I've bought from the Surdyke online store several times with no issues.  But, I've never had a problem requiring resolution either...  If your emails were today, I'd wait until Monday to try again.  Odds are they are not staffed over the weekend.  It's an obvious flawed product.  Unless they claim shipping damage, I'm sure they will resolve it.  If I recall, Surdyke offers $3.00 shipping insurance.  Did you purchase the insurance?
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

WVHoop

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012FLHXSE3

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus Antique Gunstock, Screamin' Eagle Pro Super Tuner,V&H True Duals, Turn Down Slip Ons, Windsplitter Windscreen, Mustang Solo Seat, AK-20's, Penske Shocks, WO 575's
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 08:04:17 PM »

Sudanbar, no I didn't purchase shipping insurance. I'm hopeful this will be resolved, the email was sent to them on Thursday 4/3/2014.

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 08:50:17 PM »

I've dealt with Surdyke the dealer on several occasions. They changed out my compensator under warranty and have installed tires on two bikes. Pretty good folks. about 15 miles from my house.

I have not done any business with Surdyke.com

Call a guy called JMac. He's the guy to discuss anything to do with the dealership. Solid guy.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

WVHoop

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012FLHXSE3

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 08:58:55 PM »

Thanks WillyB

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 11:54:57 PM »

I've bought many things online from 20% off dealers...but one thing about them: several don't offer any warranty on the stuff.  That happened on a $185 voltage regulator that was made about the time of the MoCo recall on VRs, and no joy from the dealer.

I still buy from some of them, but...caveat emptor.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 07:55:18 AM »

That sucks really.  I sure hope that they didn't ship that tire to you that way.   Maybe that happened during shipping.  Good luck.. Hope you get it worked out fast.    I know the only way to get the new hd tires I'd to go through a dealer.   My local hd dealer seams to charge way more for labor when I bring my tires to them,,   Now I just bite the weezie and let them supply the ties and usually the install price evens every thing out. Plus I really hope they wouldn't let a tire out the door looking like that.    Good luck once again..    Stuart. 

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2014, 08:24:51 AM »

Ouch. That sucks. I'm lucky as far as dealers. They give me 20% off tires so buying them online would be a wash unless you find a great deal on a take off tire.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 24 queries.