Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Water Cool My Bike  (Read 3546 times)

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
Re: Water Cool My Bike
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2014, 03:30:16 PM »

S&S .570's, set at 10.0 cr, free-flowing Cycle Shack slip-on's, and tune it, is the condensed version to reduce heat. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Scott

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2014, 07:05:26 PM »

Hello Phato1 and CVO Thunder. If I'm not mistaken I think both of you have a 2011.5  Blue C.V.O. Ultra. As you guys know these bikes are absolutely beautiful and nothing they have put together since can compare to the look of this color combination. That is why I am interested in doing this mod. I will be looking into this deeper to see if it is worth getting into.

It's been stated many times but I'll say it again anyway  ;D. A better flowing exhaust, sans Catalytic converter, with a good tune will do wonders to manage the heat, I installed the Fullsac system and TTS. So will the Wards fans (or something like them). I also installed the lower temperature thermostat for the oil cooler from Wards Parts Werks. These changes have made a world of difference in 1) the amount of heat I and my BSR feel 2) the way the bike runs, it just plain runs better than it did before the mods.
 I'm not sure that adding liquid cooling would reap enough additional benefit to make the labor and expense worth it  :nixweiss:

Instead of adding the wet head system, make it look even better- paint the tourpak -

"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

waynel

• Hippie
  • Full CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2011 Electra Glide Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 2014 Electra Glide Limited
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2014, 08:01:58 PM »

tour pak looks great..
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 08:03:49 PM by waynel »

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2014, 08:34:28 PM »

x2 Tourpak looks great and doesn't hurt that it is BLUE :coolblue:

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2014, 08:16:36 AM »

It's been stated many times but I'll say it again anyway  ;D. A better flowing exhaust, sans Catalytic converter, with a good tune will do wonders to manage the heat, I installed the Fullsac system and TTS. So will the Wards fans (or something like them). I also installed the lower temperature thermostat for the oil cooler from Wards Parts Werks. These changes have made a world of difference in 1) the amount of heat I and my BSR feel 2) the way the bike runs, it just plain runs better than it did before the mods.
 I'm not sure that adding liquid cooling would reap enough additional benefit to make the labor and expense worth it  :nixweiss:

Instead of adding the wet head system, make it look even better- paint the tourpak -

You hit on something .. THE amount of heat you felt. The fans help this as well  the coating on the head pipe.. It really does reduce the amount of "felt" heat by both riders.   Or do the job half azz'd and still have the heat to deal with.. No short cuts to reducing the heat , but oonce you are done with the mods  it is all worth it :2vrolijk_21:  The blue is a very nice color BTW  :)
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2014, 08:37:41 AM »

Yes, the combination of mods done really did help with the heat. And like I said the bike runs much better.

Thanks for the compliment on the color.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2014, 05:52:20 PM »

Nice job on the Tourpak Phato. Looks awesome.

Good input on lowering temps without going wet. I still need to do cams, headwork and better tune but the exhaust made a huge difference. Was on the verge of putting mine up for sale since there isn't squat for work here. Working on going back to Astan and could leave by May. If this works out then I'll try to sell off a lot of stuff before going over to build up a nest egg for mods. Shoot, probably a good time to cash out on the extended warranty since it'll just get wasted and it's the one thing (other than cash of course) from going big (S&S124) and the DD7.
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.