Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FXSBSE Rear Fender Extension Removal  (Read 4530 times)

Bigjools

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout in Hard Candy Sedona Sand
FXSBSE Rear Fender Extension Removal
« on: April 07, 2014, 04:55:39 AM »

Now that it's arrived, I want to start individualising it. Can anyone give me the lowdown on removing the Fender Extension that we get in Australia & other places outside of USA? (see photo) I know loads of you have done it. I started removing the side rails & soon realised there is a Torx screw on the inside & I'm buggered if I can get at it to undo it. Is there some special tool or do I have to get the rear wheel & pipe off? If so, will need some advice with how you get the rear wheel off also - (I'm used to simpler looking arrangements). I want to fit a custom, wide cat-eye stop light/ number plate bracket/ light that was originally intended for a Honda Cruiser, but I think will look cool. So, I'll need to cut the fender extension & fit the bracket to it, under the fender. I can use the existing wiring to the number plate light, but will need to pick up the stop light wire at the connector next to the battery. Does anyone know which colour wire is the stop light in the 4 wire connector? I presume it is probably the red one? Thanks in advance for your help.

24v

• Junior CVO Member
Re: FXSBSE Rear Fender Extension Removal
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 07:34:51 AM »

Ok, first unplug the connectors under the seat for the rear lighting.  Then remove the 4 bolts that hold the struts to the frame.  Then, while standing over the back of the bike, pull them apart slightly, and lift the whole fender.  It will all come off as one unit.

As for the wiring according to the manual, pin #3 on either of the 4 pin connectors, is the stop light wire. 

ChopperPilot

• 1K CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2023 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2020 FLHXSE (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2014 FXSBSE (Sold)
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 07:42:08 AM »

Ok, first unplug the connectors under the seat for the rear lighting.  Then remove the 4 bolts that hold the struts to the frame.  Then, while standing over the back of the bike, pull them apart slightly, and lift the whole fender.  It will all come off as one unit.

As for the wiring according to the manual, pin #3 on either of the 4 pin connectors, is the stop light wire.

X2, did the same thing yesterday to remove the reflector and add the Chrome Glow LED run/turn/brake lights.
Pretty simple and easy.
2023 CVO Street Glide
Whiskey Neat
Khrome Werks Duals

2019 Heritage Classic 114 Special
Silver Flux and Black Fuse
Rinehart 2 into 1 Pipe
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand and Blaze Orange
Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 Pipes
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

Bigjools

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout in Hard Candy Sedona Sand
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 04:03:25 AM »

Thanks 24 - Much appreciated - I'll give it a go at the weekend. Who'd have thought it'd be so simple - I was having nightmares about dropping the back wheel - I can see how to remove the axle caps now - so I guess that'll be no big deal anyway - if & when I need to remove it. Cheers.

Floppy

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 05:27:45 AM »

Yeah Jools easy as to remove the guard just need some torque drive set as posted all off in one go then you can get rid of the trailer bracket you will be surprised how much the sucker weighs.

Riegs

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 05:58:02 AM »

Nice set of plates mate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 24 queries.