Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Differences between headlights...Daymaker vs Daymaker Reflector  (Read 2530 times)

Yzernie

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLTRUSE that had the engine blow up twice.

The bike came with the Daymaker and it is a good headlught.  The problem I am experiencing is that I live in a rural area and it is dark out on the roads.  In a straight line the headlight works great.  When I make corners the beam does not cast any real halo so I can only see a few feet (literally) in front of me.

Has anyone had the regular Daymaker and then switched to the Daymaker Reflector?  Does the Reflector light cast more halo for more visibiluty while cornering?

Thanks in advance.
"The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it" - Unknown

gadgetz

• 1K CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Electric Orange & Vivid Black w/ Ghost Feather Graphics - Road Pig
Re: Differences between headlights...Daymaker vs Daymaker Reflector
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 03:42:20 PM »

I haven't had your headlight, but I'd heard what you've described as being the case. That is why I installed a Phase 7 light which does have good light in the corners as far as I'm concerned; but I'm still thinking of installing MotoLights for the short distance area in front and in corners.
Charter Member Critter Gawking Society - Got Goat?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 03:58:58 PM »

Check the aim on your aux lights and keep them on all the time.  The way Harley aims the aux lights is good for spotting small critters in the ditch alongside the bike (they tend to come skewed heavily to the right and low).  They should be aimed vertically the same as the low beam headlight.  You can set them straight ahead, or slightly angle them outward.  Just don't get carried away and aim the left one into the eyes of oncoming drivers.  That will at least help some.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Yzernie

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 06:17:46 PM »

Already adjusted the passing lamps and it did make it better but still not what I want.  I have been thinking about trying the Reflector driving lights before the headlight but I'm not sure they will do what the headlight should be doing.
"The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it" - Unknown

ozrider

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 06:42:06 PM »

Yep, know exactly what you are talking about.

I run the daymaker in the 5 3/4" on one machine and had to fit a couple of small LED spots to fill those dark spots on either side.

I decided to try the Trucklite Phase 7 set for the E-Glide and very happy that I did.

The reflector type lights do have a much, much better spread, really obvious on those dark country roads.

The 2012 FLHTCUSE7 came out in OZ with standard H4 reflectors.

Before,

After,

I found the little 20 watt LED spots filled in so much more, (like floods) that I fitted them to the E Glide as well.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 06:51:45 PM by ozrider »

Win Lotto, Go back to Sturgis,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Never go home!

Yzernie

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 05:19:49 PM »

Thanks ozrider.

Yzernie

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 10:20:37 PM »

Well, for my B-Day I got some HD gift certificates and decided to go with the HD relector rather than the TruckLite/Kuryakyn.  Total cost will be much less for me to go this route rather than the TL/K way.  Looking forward to getting them installed and will let you guys know my impressions and if they make the differences I am looking for.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 05:29:35 PM by Yzernie »

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 20 queries.