Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Fullsac Sport Pipe  (Read 7294 times)

JakeB

• Full CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2014 SERK
Fullsac Sport Pipe
« on: May 13, 2014, 03:17:46 PM »

Been running a set of 2.5" fullsac baffles on the new 14 CVO RK for a couple weeks now.  Just ordered a Sportpipe header from fullsac to add to the setup.  I'm anxious to hear the exhaust with the new cat-less head pipe.
Jake

CVCVORG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE BLUE
Re: Fullsac Sport Pipe
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 07:18:01 PM »

Very curious to see how much difference there is.

I have same head pipe but have not installed it yet.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 09:59:38 PM »

the first thing i bought for my bike was the sportpipe.  i like that it is 'stock', but the plenum has been replaced with a very well engineered one with no cat.  the heatshields fit perfect, and the ceramic coating is a definite plus.  i can't say as to how much of a difference it made from stock as i never got much riding in with the stock components.  fullsac sportpipe, and 2.0 cvo cores  :2vrolijk_21:  very happy with it.

and no dyno tune, just a canned map from fuel moto with a few autotuning runs on my pv.  one day, i'll get it dyno tuned, but will have to find a place to do it that isn't 3 days away.....  (thinking maybe oklahoma, or ft worth :D)
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

JakeB

• Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 02:53:55 PM »

got the sport pipe installed last night.  my first impression of the fullsac sport pipe and 2.5" baffle combo is favorable.  the sound is perfect.  and i could just be imagining things but it seems like the bike wants to take off faster with less throttle than it did before the install.  i used a powervision flash tune obtained from dynojet via a fellow cvo member.  my wife is working and i have kid duty today so wasn't able to ride very far.  but just hot rodding around the neighborhood i haven't experienced any fuel management issues....no snap, crackle, or pops.  it's pretty cool to have a quality exhaust set up for under 500 dollars.  thanks to fullsac for your quality and consumer focused common sense approach to your work. 
Jake

jimcb1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 01:39:27 PM »

what is the difference DX CX sportpipe

deldago

• Elite CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 03:12:02 PM »

DX has a round cross over pipe instead of using the crushed one that comes stock.
T-MAN 117 kit

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 04:21:01 PM »

Hey, Jake, are you familiar with how other pipes and mufflers sound?  I'm wondering how the sound compares to other brands like CFR, D&D, Rinehart?  Volume, tone?  Cruising vs when you're at full throttle? 

Dan

jimcb1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 11:43:18 PM »

what about the sportpipe

JakeB

• Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2014, 12:41:44 AM »

Sport pipe starts life as a stock header. Then the entire cat section is removed and a new piece of pipe is welded in. Then the header gets the ceramic coating treatment like the other fullsac pipe.
Jake

JakeB

• Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2014, 12:46:49 AM »

Hey, Jake, are you familiar with how other pipes and mufflers sound?  I'm wondering how the sound compares to other brands like CFR, D&D, Rinehart?  Volume, tone?  Cruising vs when you're at full throttle? 

Dan

Dan
Sorry bud but I'm not too familiar with sounds of particular brands. But I've heard sound clips of CFR and they are not as loud as those. My buddy runs av&h pro pipe on his 2003 road king and it seems every bit as loud as that if not more. I had rush duals and 2.5 rush slip ons on my old 08 road king and the fullsac sounds better to me because the tone is much deeper.
Jake

Delta

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2015, 04:52:49 PM »

I ordered the Fullsac Sportpipe today. I will be using the stock slip-ons, hearing issues. As I use the Power Vision, Fullsac will not be able to help me with a starter map. Any of you folks care to share your PV map with me. If not, then I'm sure the autotune feature will work just fine.

Thanks.

2011 FLHTCUSE6, Fullsac Sportpipe, Stock CVO Mufflers, Oil bypass vented, Power Vision

In Memory of Chappy

Delta

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2015, 07:53:57 PM »

I received the Sportpipe this afternoon. Install was easy and the sound is not any louder then stock, from what my ears tell me. Did a couple of autotunes to a map that a CVO Forum member sent me, (Thanks scratch), and the bike feels smoother and peppier. I'll do a few more autotunes to get those hard to reach areas. Overall it's a very nice piece.

2011 FLHTCUSE6, Fullsac Sportpipe, Stock CVO Mufflers, Oil bypass vented, Power Vision

In Memory of Chappy

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2015, 10:49:22 PM »

What is the difference between the X Pipe and Sport Pipe
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2015, 09:13:05 AM »

Can you tell if there is less heat on the right hand side?  I know the ceramic coating will help but I understand the removal of the cat helps as well. That is one of the big complaints I have is the heat coming from the exhaust.

deldago

• Elite CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2015, 09:33:02 AM »

It definitely made my bike cooler, even my wife commented about how much cooler her foot and lower leg felt.
T-MAN 117 kit
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 20 queries.