Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2014 FLHTKSE charging system  (Read 2549 times)

wildhorse

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OK

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Limited
    • CVO3: 2014 CVO Limited
2014 FLHTKSE charging system
« on: May 26, 2014, 08:37:29 PM »

I am in Oklahoma. This is my first day on this site. I am looking for some answers and figured this must be the place.  I bought a 2014 FLHTKSE 3 weeks ago. I had a few accessaries installed. The dealer still hasn't called me to come and get it. I asked for the high output charging system to be installed. Is that system standard on this model? I am having a few extra lights installed and my passenger and I have heated suits so I want maximum output.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: 2014 FLHTKSE charging system
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 11:05:08 PM »

The 54 amp high output charging system is standard equipment on the CVO Limited for 2014.  It is available in the catalog for installation on other models.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

wildhorse

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OK

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 11:43:51 PM »

Thank you

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 09:40:42 AM »

I am in Oklahoma. This is my first day on this site. I am looking for some answers and figured this must be the place. I bought a 2014 FLHTKSE 3 weeks ago. I had a few accessaries installed. The dealer still hasn't called me to come and get it. I asked for the high output charging system to be installed. Is that system standard on this model? I am having a few extra lights installed and my passenger and I have heated suits so I want maximum output.

First, you have the patience of a saint!

Second, your new bike comes with the 54 amp high output charging system.  Your dealer should have been informed enough to tell you that when you inquired about it. 

I think if I were you, I think I'd go get my new bike!     :)

Enjoy your new ride...   :2vrolijk_21:

« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 07:50:03 PM by sadunbar »
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

wildhorse

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OK

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 02:18:33 PM »

My dealer also sold me Sirius XM radio receiver which I find is standard equipment. I paid for all at the time of purchase. The charging system, Sirius radio kit, and installation all comes to over a grand. I called them today. Sales and service seem to be in different orbits. Sales said they didn't know these items were standard, service said they are waiting on back-ordered parts and will give me store credit for the over charges. I think I should get a refund. I haven't ridden Harley since 1972. This is getting off to a rough start.
Thanks,
David

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 03:00:43 PM »

My dealer also sold me Sirius XM radio receiver which I find is standard equipment. I paid for all at the time of purchase. The charging system, Sirius radio kit, and installation all comes to over a grand. I called them today. Sales and service seem to be in different orbits. Sales said they didn't know these items were standard, service said they are waiting on back-ordered parts and will give me store credit for the over charges. I think I should get a refund. I haven't ridden Harley since 1972. This is getting off to a rough start.
Thanks,
David

I would insist they refund the bogus charges and forget that "store credit" BS.  If they argue, go over their heads to the dealer principle.  And you might let them know you intend to take all your purchase paperwork to an attorney or your state's consumer fraud division.  Charging you extra for stuff that is already standard equipment is bound to be considered fraud in most any state I can think of.  The fact that these people are "supposedly" ignorant of what comes on the bike standard isn't your fault, and you have no obligation to let them keep your money, even temporarily.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

FLY-DOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • U.S. Navy (30 years); Delta Air Lines (22 years)
    • FL

• CVO1: FLHXSE3
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 03:37:07 PM »

I would insist they refund the bogus charges and forget that "store credit" BS.  If they argue, go over their heads to the dealer principle.  And you might let them know you intend to take all your purchase paperwork to an attorney or your state's consumer fraud division.  Charging you extra for stuff that is already standard equipment is bound to be considered fraud in most any state I can think of.  The fact that these people are "supposedly" ignorant of what comes on the bike standard isn't your fault, and you have no obligation to let them keep your money, even temporarily.

Jerry

X2
Current Stable:
2021 BMW R1250 GSA Rallye
2016 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited w/392 Hemi
2012 CVO Street Glide
2007 Mustang GT500
2006 YZ250F

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 04:34:34 PM »

I thought I heard it all, this one takes the cake!!!!!
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

wildhorse

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OK

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 06:47:40 PM »

I'm embarrassed to be so stupid about what is standard on my new bike. None on the local dealers have been every helpful about the Limited except that they didn't have one but I could have the next one with $1000 deposit no choice of color. I have been riding Japanese since 1974. I have been watching the steady improvement in H-D quality over the last several years and decided to make the last bike I may ever buy be the best $Money$ can buy. I am very proud that after 46 years of working and riding I can buy the bike of dreams. I am still working and riding. Mr. Warlock my new bike is same color as yours. I hope this dealer does the right thing and not spoil this moment for me.
David

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2014, 07:17:50 PM »

It's a great MC. You will trully enjoy riding it. Don't let a crocked (or incompetent  :nixweiss:) dealer ruin it for you.

mark

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 07:47:13 PM »

X2 on the "store credit" BS.  That's akin to being overcharged at the grocery store and the mgr offers you a credit.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2014, 07:55:31 PM »

Thanks,
David

OMG.... What else did you buy at the time of purchase?  Are the backorder items any of the redundant items?  As I said earlier, I'd go get your new bike out of their hands.  And I would absolutely not accept store credit for the redundant items and installation charges.  Sorry you have such an inept dealer...   :(
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 24 queries.