Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Looking for a good 2 into 1 exhaust.  (Read 16701 times)

joe_lyons50023

• Full CVO Member
Re: Looking for a good 2 into 1 exhaust.
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2014, 09:02:41 AM »

I don't understand the love for the thunderheader.  I know they make like a HP or two about the rest,  but I cannot get past the massively ugly looks of them.  I will take a little loss in HP your not going to feel compared to the rest and have something that performs and looks great as well.

I work in this business and its all about different strokes for different folks.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 11:00:03 PM by joe_lyons50023 »

CVO Ultra

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2014, 09:05:06 AM »

Thanks everyone I really appreciate all the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013SERG

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2014, 04:19:50 PM »

Im thinking of going with TH but don't like the look, i love the sound though. Maybe TrueDuals and 4inch Rineharts.
2013 SERG Longhorn Burnt Orange
D&D Fat Cat
Power commander
Fueling 574 Reaper cams
C&C custom gel seat, pillion and tour pack rest.
Buky custom made these 12's x 1'&1/2
Custom paint done by Doug Starbuck in Riverside CA.

kojack

• gearhead!
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NL

• CVO1: 2001 Sceamin eagle road glide (custom)
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2014, 05:30:22 AM »

I work in this business and its all about different strokes for different folks.

I do too.  I am just stating an opinion.  I agree.  I just can't get past the looks of the pipe.  it's just fugly. 

Mavericks RC
MFFM

Powered by gasoline and southern comfort!

grofcvo

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2014, 11:55:23 PM »

LC110 how loud were the Drago's?

screamingCVO how loud are the Pro Pipe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have drago's on my RKCVO and is nice pipe but to quiet for me if you split traffic no one can hear you.. almost identical design like D&D , but just quiet.

+RO@D*R@GE+

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2014, 06:01:01 AM »

a couple friends of mine has the V&H pro pipe and I can say....best sound i've ever heard .....but that's with my friends softail with a built engine.
my other friend that has one but his bike is stock sounds deep and has a nice sound / it's not to loud....but nothing like my other buddies with head work. When he starts his bike you can no longer hear mine and that's with my fullsac headers and 2.25 cores
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 06:02:35 AM by +RO@D*R@GE+ »
Don't talk about it....Be about it!!!
2012 cvo road glide maple
Fullsac DX headers
CFR Mufflers
TTS tuner

kojack

• gearhead!
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NL

« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2014, 06:01:29 AM »

everyone complements my bike as well.  I am getting used to the sound,  its very different but awesome.  But I would love to have a dummy pipe for the other side.  even out the back end.
Mavericks RC
MFFM

INDEPENDENT_1

• Superior Performance
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • independentmcshop.com
    • independentmcshop.com
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2014, 05:06:28 PM »

If you like the deep boomy basey tone of the T header, the CFR's have that kind if tone as well. Admittedly they pretty much sucked IMO for performance without adding something like big city thunder baffles but I believe Joe Lyons recently tuned a set of CFRs and they had redesigned the baffle and have the same sound but much better performance. 
Specializing in American V-Twin and Authorized Factory Pro 4 Gas Dyno Tuning!

independentmcshop.com

kojack

• gearhead!
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NL

« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2014, 05:41:22 AM »

a couple friends of mine has the V&H pro pipe and I can say....best sound i've ever heard .....but that's with my friends softail with a built engine.
my other friend that has one but his bike is stock sounds deep and has a nice sound / it's not to loud....but nothing like my other buddies with head work. When he starts his bike you can no longer hear mine and that's with my fullsac headers and 2.25 cores

My motor is built too.  I think im going to repack the baffle tho,  just to take some of that TIN sound out on deceleration.  There is none at cruise,  and none at acceleration just on decal.
Mavericks RC
MFFM

Classic Beast

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

• Bob McImages
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2014, 11:04:18 AM »

I run the RB racing Black hole pipe on my 127" and very happy with it, trying to get some feedback on how it would compare to the other pipes on my 2012 Road glide ultra, anyone had experience with them? https://www.rbracing-rsr.com/lsr21blackhole.htm
2012 Road glide ultra 103
DD7 Baker, S&S 570, Fulsac DX, 2"
SE CNC heads 58mm throttle body
95 FLSTN
127" Ultima
DD6 Baker
3 X PM 6 piston calipers
S&S Clutch
Lindal Ceramic discs
RB Black Hole pipe
Thunderstar mags
6 gal tanks
Custom Chrome front end
Rear chain drive
150WW Avon Venom rear tire
2009 Cadillac CTS-V

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2014, 03:47:51 PM »

I have a "modded" '10 110 ( cams, pistons, TB etc) that I'm tuning with the PV Pro AT and I recently installed the Fat Cat. I ran it for a few hundred miles and just couldn't tolerate it at cruise. Partly the volume, but also the 'tone'.
I run an LSR on the RK so I know loud.  There's more to it than that.
The D&D, which I refer to it as the cochlear Dremel, just had to go. Last week
I put on the Dragula with 2.55 baffle and just LOVE it. Spent the week racing around mountains for 2000 miles. No dyno sheets but it feels like it makes better power on top and it DEFINITELY makes better bottom end. At cruise it does NOT ache my ears.
I love it, I bought it from Frank, his CS was above and beyond. I truly don't give a tinker's damn who built it. I dealt with Frank and would happily do so again.

The Fat Cat is up for sale if that's what you like.

x 2. I heard a D&D on a RG being dyno'd, which belonged to a wrench I used to go to. He let me ride it before too, and to my ears, the sound is puts out is just plain strange. Kind of metric sounding or something.

I just got back from NC, and did a fair bit of riding in the mountains with a friend I met on the RG forum, who runs a Dragula. First time I heard one in person- I really liked the sound- great mean idle that still sounded Harley like, similar to my Rineharts. But once it got going, the sound changed to race car like, and it also had a great decel burble.

To me, Frank Drago's pipes are the best overall choice- price, looks, quality, sound, performance, features, and great personalized customer service. Can't wait to see what the new Dragula 2 is like. There is definitely one in my future.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 03:51:27 PM by North Star »
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2014, 03:49:02 PM »

x 2. I heard a D&D on a RG being dyno'd, which belonged to a wrench I used to go to. He let me ride it before too, and to my ears, the sound is puts out is just plain strange. Kind of metric sounding or something.

I just got back from NC, and did a fair bit of riding in the mountains with a friend I met on the RG forum, who runs a Dragula. First time I heard one in person- I really liked the sound- great mean idle that still sounded Harley like, similar to my Rineharts. But once it got going, the sound changed to race car like, and it also had a great decel burble.
Love my Drago's.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member
  • I used to be a KRYPTO.. Now I'm 1 OF 1

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2014, 05:23:05 PM »

Love my Drago's.
TAP  TAP ...do it .. could it get any better than the DRAGO's ??? JMHO..

Mountainman streetbob

• Just Ride, Daily if possible, Just Ride!!!!!!!
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2012 SE7 CVO Electra Glide Ultra
    • GA

« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2014, 12:47:11 PM »

I run the RB racing Black hole pipe on my 127" and very happy with it, trying to get some feedback on how it would compare to the other pipes on my 2012 Road glide ultra, anyone had experience with them? https://www.rbracing-rsr.com/lsr21blackhole.htm

I have put 4 rb racing lsr spyders on 103, 110 and 117's and several dragos on 110's and 113's... They seem to tune nice and most guys think they sound better than the VH pro pipe. :apple:
2012 CVO SE7 ElectraGlideUltra Cams??? PowerCommanderV Crocodile Seats, rhinehardts,xm, Ipod, Nav-Zumo...
Windscreen, driver backrest handlebars, fulsac COMING SOON

tocotoco40

• POPS
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: ROAD KING 2014
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2014, 04:30:52 PM »

try FSD exhaust they are amazing. no one will have them around. the only thing is that depends what you are looking for thats the time that he takes to build them or you can get his production pipes. I had some in my Fatboy and they are awesome and no one have them
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 21 queries.