Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: GPS recomendations  (Read 2653 times)

bklynserg

• Junior CVO Member
Re: GPS recomendations
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2014, 03:36:31 PM »

I have the 660 and do not like it. I rather use my iphone. I have an app (waze) that lets me know where the cops are. A regular GPS can't do that.
2011 SERGU Black & Slate picked up Jan 2013

tweeter13

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2014, 03:49:32 PM »

My wife uses wazes and loves it.  She uses it when are in the car and when she drives but she marks things and like accidents cars at the side of the road.   For others that are coming up behind us so they are aware of what ahead.   

I can't use that when on the bike.  I am sure I would be off the road.  It's hard enough to text when I am riding.   Just kidding I put the phone in tour pac cause I don't even want the phone with me but riding a harley they should come standard with a satellite phone and life time towing.  Lol.

Todd.
18 Monsterbrite led lights
Fullsac DX head pipe
Fullsac 2.25 baffles
TTS master-tune
George Anderson tourpac relocator

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2014, 06:32:51 PM »

I have the 660 and do not like it. I rather use my iphone. I have an app (waze) that lets me know where the cops are. A regular GPS can't do that.

wanna sell it?
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2014, 06:42:39 PM »

I drive by cops all the time never have a problem?

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

efrbc1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2014, 06:49:22 PM »

I have a chance to buy a used 550 for $400.  I really don't know anything about these but I need one primarily for my dual sport to ride fire roads and gravel roads in western NC.  I will also use it on my SEEG as necessary.  What should I be looking for and would this be a good choice?  Just looking for navigation features.

Chris
2003 Special Edition Firefighter Road King
2005 Cherry Screamin Eagle Electra Glide

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2014, 07:39:37 AM »

I have a chance to buy a used 550 for $400.  I really don't know anything about these but I need one primarily for my dual sport to ride fire roads and gravel roads in western NC.  I will also use it on my SEEG as necessary.  What should I be looking for and would this be a good choice?  Just looking for navigation features.

Chris

$400 for a used 550 sounds a bit over what it should be worth. You can buy a new 660 from one of the 20% off Harley dealers for about $540.00. Shop around.

jim@hdbomm
Ride It Like You Are Retired
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 24 queries.